All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Sorry for the delay! you should have your badge.
  3. Last week
  4. Earlier
  5. Unlocking parks

Somehow I missed all the quests to unlock the parks, except the small one. Are there other ways to unlock them? Or are you just forever cut off from ever having them? If so that should definitely be changed.
  6. Population cap?

Thank you very much for the compliment! It was a first play-through and a very smooth ride, except for the last trade that could not be completed due to some bug. This is very unfortunate because the 81 cement offered would have solved my current issue. The game is becoming pretty laggy and very long to load but I will go a bit further to see if I'm up to the cement challenge.
  7. Population cap?

1360 nuggets is a lot! you are doing great, requirements fot that population are so high and there are many bugs in the game , still
  8. {"Version":"0.0.35.25418"} construction site over the top of an upgraded well and various other buildings, info shows fully upgraded, it is not clickable but is visible in the hover tooltips over construction. have included the save file, have loaded the file several times with same results, unsure as of direct cause. rigged.7z
  9. Population cap?

As a follow up I can confirm that Cupidon park has nothing to do with the sudden population boom. It's more likely that there is a cap at 500ish nuggets until you start to create clones. It seems that when one or several matenators are released the cap is removed and everyone start breeding and building modern houses like crazy. I'm currently at 1360 nuggets and my city is more or less under control. The problem I am facing is that even if I destroy Tudor houses to make some room, modern homes are only being build on the outskirt of the city, which means less resources and more infrastructures. I managed to upgrade some of my stone refineries but cement still is problem.
  10. The Boxes are Lies

I had the same problem with creator points. I was granted 1000 CP from a box but instead my CP went straight to zero.
  11. Population cap?

Thank you very much for your reply. Once I had the clone center I released 5 matenator and the population went through the roof so I killed them but birth rate kept increasing. I'm not sure if it's the clone center or the Cupidon Park I had just built that triggered the fuck feast. At the moment with over 1000 pop I'm trying to keep things under control by promoting gay marriage among the youngsters (only the ones with bad traits) but birth rate is still very very high. I also cut off electricity in each and every house but it does not seem to make any difference. I might load an old save to see if Cupidon Park has something to do with this or not but I must say I'm actually enjoying the challenge. Food is not too scarce and no one is starving, so that seems okay for now. On the other hand modern houses building spree has caused my stock of refined wood and stone to plummet and as a consequence cement has become a severe problem (I can't build modern stone refinery without cement and cement needs refined stone). My nuggets might actually die of thirst due to the lack of modern wells before they starve. In order to preserve a small stock of refined wood and stones I swiftly build small shops (they only require logs and rocks) on top of modern housing, destroying the newest apartments in the process before my nuggets manage to gather enough materials to complete the buildings. The cement twist is definitely interesting and challenging, I will keep you informed of my progress.
  12. Population cap?

I got more than 1000 nuggets, but I had to create matenator clones, I think is the key, plus all the things you did of course they eat as 5 nuggets, so you need a lot of raw food, and food courts or nuggets will die starving
  13. My nuggets still freeze up as I’m progressing to medieval stage. They stop eating and drinking and just stand there until they die. I had a pop of about 300 then it dropped drastically. I gave up once it hit 85 and they still weren’t moving. I’ve played in both creator mode and story mode. I don’t believe it’s my computer because everything still moves smoothly. There’s no lag, so I don’t think it’s that. I try not to overdo it with upgrades and make sure to spread it out, so that it won’t cause problems. I stopped playing the game for awhile hoping it’d get an update that would fix this issue, but no luck so far.
  14. Wait what’s this about holding left shift? im gonna have to try that. Lol
  15. Population cap?

Hello, I am just wondering if there is a population cap in The Universim. Despite all my efforts : super heavy use of the Cupidon power (I make sure all my nuggets got a partner before they reach the age of 5 and onward) , contraception ban voted several years in a row, research done to get more twins, no crime, everyone happy and healthy, high education level, plenty of food and resources, no shifts and a little over 100 nuggets left with nothing to do but to reproduce, I could never go past 500ish adults. The most people I had was 564 with 40 kids and then it went back to a maximum of 500 adults in the next few years. In this time period I did not have any plague nor any disaster that might explain the decline in population. The only explanation I could come up with is a population cap in the game code to ease processor and RAM usage. A response from the developers would be much appreciated.
  16. Load save game

Hello, I can not load my save data. game version 0.0.35 ... the game freezes when loading. does anyone know a solution? Thx 4 help ryzen 1600 16 gb ram gtx 1070 ti win 10 64 bit
  17. Hi, when holding left shift while building (key is for multi-build in settings) no resources are needed to build, which is great but I believe it's a bug.^^ EDIT: The bug does not appear at the start (just tested it with a new game) ,but I cannot figure out when it started to behave this way. The tech tree was nearly done, so more at the end of the game. Find attached the save game. https://www.dropbox.com/s/b4btm94wtr9bzr3/Muhtown.zip?dl=0 Regards Mathieu
  18. Buildings falling apart

Sorry for the late reply. And no I never use my town hall. Maybe I’ll try it.
  19. Feedback and suggestions

I'm playing the version alpha 0.0.35.25420. and I would like to suggest that you set production options on the information panel of each building. Or those commands that are on the building table and allow you to choose Auto Assignment and the number of assigned. I ask you this because I have noticed that often I update the buildings, too many people are employed in that building. Practical example: I have a building block with 4 buildings in the control area, I don't need 6 people, 2 or even 1 are enough for the buildings around. And I find 5 uselessly used people who could serve me as generic workers. So I find myself manually changing the number of employees in each building and therefore I also have to deactivate the automatic assignment. That is why sometimes it would be more convenient for me to have the controls on the single building, because with 36 pages of buildings, as soon as I change an option in the number of employees, they move from page to page and mess up my view. I can't filter only for buildings with employees inside. And anyway they would move to a page anyway. It would also be nice to have the Auto command assigned to the number limited by myself. Example: 6-seat building. cars assigned only 3. instead of cars assigned all 6. It is a real questioen of practicality. I forgot, even the search by name of the building could be convenient, since I rename them to remember their position by jennychan
  20. Hi there, I just started playing 2 days ago. Ive gotten towards the end of the game, however, once I try and build a cement mine, no iron is getting delivered at all. Everything else is delivered fine, except iron. I have tried building the cement factory in various places but nothing works, does anyone else has this issue? Can someone help me out with this please. EDIT: Nevermind, it took an hour for the iron to get delivered but it finally worked, either way can someone give me a heads up as to why it takes this long?
  21. Grad Students

If I hover over the nuggets that are studying at the university, I see them doing stuff like "Hunting", "Going to mine stone", "Repairing a building" instead of actually studying... If the nuggets are doing all kinds of other stuff than actually studying, then no wonder it is taking so long to give them an education! Whether this is a bug or working as intended, I do not know, but I would think that when they went to school and university, they should focus all of their efforts on that until they finish training and free their spot for others to take. To achieve this, I would suggest implementing a few simple rules: 1) Only labourers are autoassigned to study. If they are assigned to a building, I would prefer that they actually stay with that building and doing the stuff they are supposed to do that is connected to that building. At the same time, I would need an indication in the nugget list, that these nuggets are no longer labourers, but they are now students, so you don't accidentally assign them to do other stuff. And if there are no more uneducated labourers, then unassign one from a building and replace them with another nugget, and then send them to study. The important point here is that when they are studying, they do not have other priorities at the same time. 2) Only nuggets that actually has a school education would attend university. Just like in real life, you would need some level of training before you can attend the university. 3) If you have an unemployed nugget with an education, then they will be autoassigned to buildings that require educated nuggets to function optimally, automatically replacing the uneducated nuggets. This way you will not have uneducated nuggets releasing plagues or starting fires while you have farmers with university degrees wasting their education. Implementing these points would reduce the amount of micromanagement that you currently have to put into the game to have everything working as well as they can, freeing up the creators to actually do the stuff that is fun :-)
  22. Nuggets Refuse to build/upgrade buildings

Hi there, I recently bought this game. Im enjoying it a lot, and decided to leave almost everyone as labour and then get them into jobs when I had around 140 population. The only problem is, for some reason, no matter where I place the cemetery, they refuse to build it. They have also refused to build any mines. Also, even though they were starving at one point, they refused to build a restaurant as well too. Could you please look into this, I dont see why they are refusing to work, a cemetery should be a necessity so I dont see why they refuse to support and build one. I also dont get why they were picky when starving and refusing to build the restaurant. One more thing, I have plenty of reservoirs, however, they are refusing to build any more wells. They did upgrade the reservoirs but they are refusing to upgrade literally anything else. I dont see how theyve gotten so lazy, or is this maybe a bug or something ...?
  23. graphic issue iMac

i get this on my mac too, all the time, back over a year to previous earlier versions. Black squares where dead nuggets lie. You can teleport them away and dump them on high into lakes, then the black squares shrink away. I like to feed the dead to the whales.
  24. Modernization

Agreed, too many new house builds popping up everywhere draining all the resources, I want to be able to control new build activity. And the new patch - into modern era, there's a fire every minute I have to now spend the entire time looking for clouds and smoke plumes to shove a raincloud over them or lose vast areas of the city in flames - and I have quite a lot of fire stations spread around - I d have even more if i could stop the auto-house building using up all my cement and glass.
  25. Useful things to have

I second tags for nuggets and buildings, specially useful for some of my clone nuggets
  26. I have a few suggestions that I would personally find useful for my own hobby purposes that I found cool. Better Nugget Statistics The nugget statistics are already phenomenal, you can see the age of the nugget along with their occupation and names. Their last names are also passed on and that's really cool. This is the stem of my interest. I want to be able to keep track of a certain family following a lineage, having the first born son pass on the surname to his children. However, I find this very difficult to keep track of due to the statistics already shown. 1. What would help me is being able to see the parents of a nugget on their profile when you click on them, since I'll be able to see if the child has a different mother than another sibling. 2. I'd like to be notified of a death of a nugget which has been assigned a tag symbol, since nuggets assigned with a tag symbol are seen to be "important". Following this line, I'd like to also be notified of a birth of a nugget whose father or mother has a tag symbol. 3. I'd like to see at least the age of a nugget on their profile (when you click on a nugget off the street and it pops up a profile). I'd like to be able to see the parents of the nugget here, also. 4. I'd like to be able to see a list of children as well. Since for the time being you can only see the list of adults (This is near the bottom of my wish-list so I wouldn't mind this not happening). 5. I'd also like to possibly be able to see past spouses of a given nugget, since some nuggets can move on to a second or third spouse within their lifetime. Especially when using le cupidon. Building List Another suggestion is that I'd like to be able to search for a specific building in the list of buildings. Since you can rename a building, it'd be helpful to be able to search for it. Maybe even be able to see the age of the building or the (original) establishment year. Thank you for taking the time to read this post :), I know it's a lot.
  27. I use invert mouse in all my games. In the controls, if you try to remap CAMERA LOOK UP to mouse down and CAMERA LOOK DOWN to mouse up, it doesn't work. The instructions say to "move an axis" and after moving the mouse, nothing is registered. Playing this game without being able to invert the Y-axis makes me dizzy. Please fix the ability to remap the mouse axis controls.
  1. Load more activity