Sign in to follow this  
boysonicrevived

[0.0.8] Declining Population after a point

Is it because of the issues with going far into the game in 0.0.8 that causes my population to decline rapidly after the 90 minute point?

Noticed this as well, although I lost nearly 2/3s of my lot due to a building issue with a well, I've noticed that the "natural death" rate doesn't seem to match births, so if 20 people are born during a mass spate of matings, over a set period of time, they can all die almost at the same time. Not over a spread of time similar to when they were born.  Also noticed that nuggets don't tend to mate very often past a certain point, most mothers having 4-6 children max.  This creates the situation where you can drop from 35-40 nuggets down to 7-9 and the ones remaining are usually the paired nuggets whose mates have already died.  Which means they won't procreate.  And everyone dies.

Which has knock on effect that buildings are destroyed because there's noone to build or repair them, usually the first built break first, leaving you without constructors or a distribution base for the few remaining nuggets.

This bug was mentioned by @socman previously. There is a mating bug that once the bug is triggered, mating completely stops. In 4 days Mother Planet will be overwhelmed by nuggets. (patch v0.0.9)

Awesome! 0.0.9 hype!

Yeh kylo, I saw that, but mating isn't completely stopping, it seems to completely stop most of the time but a few babies keep slipping through.   But sure, lets wait a few days and see then.

Sign in to follow this