SimGuy2020

Supporters and Builders not using Require Resources first. v33

Title:
Supporters and Builders not using Require Resources first.
Build version:

v0.33 final

Severity on a scale of 1-5:

Description:

There at times where constructors will or would start building before bringing any required resources, like any buildings supporters should come first to drop off the required resources iron, glass, concrete to able build the building seams the required resources and supporters are some what broken. That was on the Steel Factory.

Reproduction:
For the Chemical Factory it did the same thing the Constructors Workers came first before the supporters workers or required resources workers. The constructors crew came first and start building those buildings right away. It has been happening since v32 I try so hard to reproduce on the last version and on this build v33. Not sure if this normal or not I have link to my save any other users or developers can help me out! You might want to catch this when rebuilding your v34 on path finding too fix the supporter and required resources game in-game issue! Of course I saw some loc_.

Picture #1

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

Picture #2

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

Download link to Save = https://www.dropbox.com/s/so30na30y8lnv9a/theuniversim-gamewiner87.zip?dl=0

I’ve noticed this also. Quite frustrating. 

I couldn't load your pics but this sounds like the problem I tried to report in another thread. I think I have a better idea of what's happening now.

In the early game, when you have plenty of workers and you place a building on a resource (stone/wood/food) hordes of site clearers form a snake-like chain removing all the resources ready for delivery of the required resources and pre-building starts as soon as they arrive. All good. I believe the trigger to the problem is when iron is required. Two conditions have to be met: the building requires iron AND the building is placed over a resource. The building will collect all the other resources (stone/wood/glass/cement) but not iron. The building won't pre-build. Large numbers of nugs collect outside the building. They seem to be a mix of supporters, delivery guys (iron?) and pre-builders (maybe?).

There are two ways to fix the problem. If you are lucky enough to be able to tk the obstacle out of the building site, the building will instantly pre-build, iron will arrive shortly and the construction will complete as usual. Because of the mouse-over effect it may be impossible to grab the obstacle, in which case your only choice is to demolish the building, remove the obstacle with tk then place it again. Or just move it to somewhere without obstacles.

Can anyone verify this process ?  I have some pics from the previous release but I can provide new examples if it helps.

Re-Posting Images from

Y6KcBqR.jpg

D5QLAcQ.jpg

Cool :-) The second image clearly shows the problem I describe. If you can remove with tk the herbs/food the building should progress.

I will give that try when I am fresh. It's in the late in the evening now will try keep that in mind next time I play! Around Wednesday I should give that a try. In few days I be good again to play! It takes more then 5+ hours to reach end game! Peace for now! :emoticon-00118-yawn:

Looks like some issues I will have to revisit in next patch! I was busy yesterday did not got too it. The next patch in June should be around the corner! Can't believe it's almost Memorial Day!

I actually found this to be quite refreshing :)  Was fun having some of the late game builds built without burning through extra resources.  I was able to see the pyramids, tower, and nortre dame I believe it is all built this way

I'm sure that will get fixed eventually but will enjoy while it's there