5F15F945-3396-496B-9BB1-4B6A4A219CB9.thumb.jpeg.2b959083e45a510a9677ee9f875c2b03.jpegAll my buildings are falling apart at the same time. Is there a reason they do this? Is it trying to tell me it’s time to upgrade to the next era? I’m still in the first stage, trying to progress slowly.  I have plenty of engineers. And it seems like they’re doing their job.  

And it’s all AT THE SAME TIME.  I’m making such good progress. 😭

4D53AB58-62CB-4EE2-B404-831F818310D3.jpeg

FC0462FF-6A8C-4A0B-AC49-5E587906F4E5.jpeg

I never saw that, and I never use shifts with engineers, they are efficients, you only need cover all the ground with their engineer huts,

usually condition worst value is 70

engineering will provide engineer hut updgrade, space for three nuggets, worth to try to progress on the research tree

1 hour ago, etermes said:

I never saw that, and I never use shifts with engineers, they are efficients, you only need cover all the ground with their engineer huts,

usually condition worst value is 70

engineering will provide engineer hut updgrade, space for three nuggets, worth to try to progress on the research three

Yea I was progressing still just didn’t go into the medieval era too quickly. But I’ll try not using shifts on them. 

Shifts shouldn't be a problem here, but when shifts are researched, they are enabled by default. My advice is to turn shifts off as soon as they are researched, then turn them on only if needed until your population can grow to cope with the labor demand. If engineers aren't getting to all your buildings, maybe you don't have enough engineers. I think we'd need to see a save game. You say the engineers appear to be doing their job, but are just not keeping up. Pre-tudor this is very surprising. I have seen my buildings fall apart but only when the population drops to very low levels and the "professions" get assigned to lower-level tasks. Another potential problem to look at in this area is schools - if nugs are auto-assigned, the system will only assign educated workers to those occupations that prefer educated workers (engineers is one of them). You can override this by manually assigning uneducated nugs (however, they do tend to get injured more!).

To get a handle on what's happening, follow an engineer around to see what they do. Maybe they're hungry, maybe they're tired, maybe they're sick or injured (educated nugs seem to spend most of their lives in the hospital lol).

If you're pre-tudor, maybe it would be easiest to start again and keep a close eye on your engineers - they are one of the first services you get and they're easy to manage thanks to the big green circle that shows their coverage. If you can put a save file somewhere like dropbox that would help, although from your screenshots, it looks like it may be too late to save this particular civ!

33 minutes ago, Freeside said:

Shifts shouldn't be a problem here, but when shifts are researched, they are enabled by default. My advice is to turn shifts off as soon as they are researched, then turn them on only if needed until your population can grow to cope with the labor demand. If engineers aren't getting to all your buildings, maybe you don't have enough engineers. I think we'd need to see a save game. You say the engineers appear to be doing their job, but are just not keeping up. Pre-tudor this is very surprising. I have seen my buildings fall apart but only when the population drops to very low levels and the "professions" get assigned to lower-level tasks. Another potential problem to look at in this area is schools - if nugs are auto-assigned, the system will only assign educated workers to those occupations that prefer educated workers (engineers is one of them). You can override this by manually assigning uneducated nugs (however, they do tend to get injured more!).

To get a handle on what's happening, follow an engineer around to see what they do. Maybe they're hungry, maybe they're tired, maybe they're sick or injured (educated nugs seem to spend most of their lives in the hospital lol).

If you're pre-tudor, maybe it would be easiest to start again and keep a close eye on your engineers - they are one of the first services you get and they're easy to manage thanks to the big green circle that shows their coverage. If you can put a save file somewhere like dropbox that would help, although from your screenshots, it looks like it may be too late to save this particular civ!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0wpubiourd1facq/buggy.sav?dl=0

I've never created a link before, so let me know if it works or not.

So, I got lucky and got a mystery box that fixed all my buildings up 60%. So that saved me there. But then I ran into issues where upgrading into the medieval era my nuggets stopped working and started to group up at the warehouses and not move and everyone started to starve. I had couriers, i only used shifts on buildings i thought needed to constantly be running, i upgraded important buildings first, but that still didn't seem to make a difference. I slowed down progress again to make sure food and water were in stock and to give nuggets a chance to reproduce. However, almost every single nugget was single. They weren't dating. I'm starting to think I'm not meant to get to the modern era.

I had up to 270 and then by the time i got frustrated and quit i had 160. Hopefully this file can be used to fix these other bugs. Let me know if I need to make it a bug post by itself.

Hi Socks, I loaded your game ok, well done. It actually looks pretty good to me! There are a few small problems - the small lake is down to 1% of water so you should turn off all the water pumps there and it will recover slowly. The other lake has plenty. You don't quite have full fire coverage and (as I found always happens) soon after I loaded the game, a building caught fire in the area not covered. Resources are good, food is ok, stone huts are being replaced with tudor houses as resources/labor is available. A time to be patient, you should start seeing increased population soon. You can start to upgrade those building that can be (warehouse, reservoir, farm).

I don't know how the dating works - the previous version had problems where nuggets wouldn't date for long periods. To me, this version is much improved and I haven't had to force dating (yet). My theory is that when there is a labor shortage (usually after an era or building upgrade), they get too tired to... date. Or maybe it's just a random thing to keep pops from growing too fast. Anyway, I've found pops will go up and down +/- 50 or even 100 for no apparent reason. Be patient and they will usually recover on their own.

If nugs are hanging around warehouses, they are waiting for resources that aren't there. That's normal if you don't have enough for the current round of upgrades. You can calculate exactly what you need. For example, you have 6 warehouses, each requires 5 refined wood, 5 refined stone and 2 iron. So that's 30 wood, 30 stone and 12 iron.  You have plenty of iron and stone, but are low on wood. Your lumber mill is empty but you have 1000 CPs. Use your CPs to create instant forest in the lumber mill and things will start moving along :-)

1 hour ago, Freeside said:

Hi Socks, I loaded your game ok, well done. It actually looks pretty good to me! There are a few small problems - the small lake is down to 1% of water so you should turn off all the water pumps there and it will recover slowly. The other lake has plenty. You don't quite have full fire coverage and (as I found always happens) soon after I loaded the game, a building caught fire in the area not covered. Resources are good, food is ok, stone huts are being replaced with tudor houses as resources/labor is available. A time to be patient, you should start seeing increased population soon. You can start to upgrade those building that can be (warehouse, reservoir, farm).

I don't know how the dating works - the previous version had problems where nuggets wouldn't date for long periods. To me, this version is much improved and I haven't had to force dating (yet). My theory is that when there is a labor shortage (usually after an era or building upgrade), they get too tired to... date. Or maybe it's just a random thing to keep pops from growing too fast. Anyway, I've found pops will go up and down +/- 50 or even 100 for no apparent reason. Be patient and they will usually recover on their own.

If nugs are hanging around warehouses, they are waiting for resources that aren't there. That's normal if you don't have enough for the current round of upgrades. You can calculate exactly what you need. For example, you have 6 warehouses, each requires 5 refined wood, 5 refined stone and 2 iron. So that's 30 wood, 30 stone and 12 iron.  You have plenty of iron and stone, but are low on wood. Your lumber mill is empty but you have 1000 CPs. Use your CPs to create instant forest in the lumber mill and things will start moving along :-)

Yea I’ve done all of that and stocked up on CPs so when things get bad I can cover it. for the longest time I didn’t realize that lake was emptied, so I would  usually refill it with some rain. I was planting trees by the lumber mill too but my nuggets were too lazy to work at it. 

Well I guess its good there aren’t any bugs that you can see. I must have just messed up somewhere. 

Is  there any order I should try to progress?  Someone told me that they make sure  for every number of eateries they have they have a farm and a fishing hut.  It’s worked pretty well so far. 

Thank you!

Ok, a few things to get you going. Destroy the lumber mill and put it in the trees near the wood refineries. Upgrade the farms first, turn shifts on for them and keep them staffed manually (you have a food shortage and nugs won't date on empty stomachs apparently). You have too many engineers! Remove as many as needed to still provide coverage. That will free up educated labor. You also have too many wells which will be costly to upgrade later. I took the liberty of running your game for a while and once the food levels came up, a lot more dating happened and pop is now over 200 with all upgrades done. After all that, wait for the rest of the houses to upgrade and while that's happening keep building your refined wood, stone and iron. This is sounding like Tips and Tricks Part 2 :-) Glad it's helping anyway :-)

7 minutes ago, Freeside said:

Ok, a few things to get you going. Destroy the lumber mill and put it in the trees near the wood refineries. Upgrade the farms first, turn shifts on for them and keep them staffed manually (you have a food shortage and nugs won't date on empty stomachs apparently). You have too many engineers! Remove as many as needed to still provide coverage. That will free up educated labor. You also have too many wells which will be costly to upgrade later. I took the liberty of running your game for a while and once the food levels came up, a lot more dating happened and pop is now over 200 with all upgrades done. After all that, wait for the rest of the houses to upgrade and while that's happening keep building your refined wood, stone and iron. This is sounding like Tips and Tricks Part 2 :-) Glad it's helping anyway :-)

I never thought having too many wells or engineers could actually not be beneficial. Lol

Thanks. I’ll probably just start a whole new game. For the 50th time. 👍🏽

No need, nothing wrong with what you have and you have time to fix it all, ready for Industrial. But it's up to you of course. I personally like starting new games.

1 hour ago, Freeside said:

No need, nothing wrong with what you have and you have time to fix it all, ready for Industrial. But it's up to you of course. I personally like starting new games.

Me too. It’s a problem. That’s how I am with Sims too. Lol

Ok, I’ll let this die now. Haha

Just curious did you happen to research any of the ministers and applied them at your town hall?  I've found the ministers will remove workers if they need a larger labor force.  So if you did this you could find your engineers working other tasks then being put back in as engineers again and this repeating enough that they fail to do the repair work

On 6/6/2019 at 11:58 PM, Koi Gaming said:

Just curious did you happen to research any of the ministers and applied them at your town hall?  I've found the ministers will remove workers if they need a larger labor force.  So if you did this you could find your engineers working other tasks then being put back in as engineers again and this repeating enough that they fail to do the repair work

Sorry for the late reply. And no I never use my town hall. Maybe I’ll try it.