Thinkscape

I'm getting attacked, nothing I can do?

This is my first time playing the game... I'm 2h in, and I've just been attacked by some 4 raiders (nuggets from other clan?)

The game is showing me a prompt: "We're under attack, Gifhorn are raiding the village! Protect your civilization be"

it cuts out at "be". WHen I click the prompt, nothing happens... I'm watching as the raiders destroy 2h of my work and there is nothing I can do.. at least the game is failing to tell me what I'm supposed to do. I tried telekinesis on the raiders, but that didn't work. I can't defend myself, the (?) help menu doesn't have a peep about this situation.

Is my game over because of RNG?

20190423165559_1.thumb.jpg.c5609b1f011015b09da4f094154d5ddf.jpg

It looks like the reason telekinesis didn't work is because you have no creator points available (top left). There are a number of ways to protect your village, including your powers, guard towers, and other armed nuggets (Hunters and later on, police enforcers). Being attacked when you don't have any of those available is unfortunate luck :( But, we encourage people to play multiple runs and learn more about the games mechanics so as to better prepare for the unknown in the future.

Also, you'll lose no respect if you just go back to an earlier save file ;)

I did reload to an older save and the RNG wasn't as brutal with me this time.

However, I believe it's a bug in the game mechanics if so early, I'm given a challenge that is unsolvable. 

It decreases playability of the game.

The solution is quite simple - don't allow the RNG to send raids until player has researched at least 1 countermeasure.

ps: the powers are not a solution because the accumulation of points is so painfully slow that the raiders (4 in my case) destroyed almost everything I had before I could dispatch even 2 of them.

In a case like that, your best bet is to sacrifice nuggets at your altar by dropping them on the building with telekinesis. It makes the nuggets fear you more (Decreasing passive Creator Point gain, but increase sacrificial point gain) and gives you a set amount of points each time you do it. You can sacrifice Exiles as well as your own nuggets. We just lack most of the documentation for this mechanic in the game currently, though it will be added before release obviously.