Rudolph

Zoom sensitivity setting not saved - 1

Build:

0.32.24034 - Latest experimental Steam

Severity:

Zoom sensitivity setting is not saved to settings file. Its also forgotten if you change zoom sensitivity in main menu before loading or starting a new game.

Tested:

Deleted settings file and let game recreate, issue persists.

Run game as administrator.

Updated to latest experimental on Steam.

Verified file permissions.

Deleted settings file and let game recreate, issue persists.

Every setting tested is saved correctly, except for zoom sensitivity. It defaults to max value(2) which is written to file when starting or loading a game, overwriting custom user setting.

Confirmed by me 

We are aware that this is occurring, but have been unable to pin down what actually is happening or why, because not everyone gets this bug (I can never get it to occur on my machine) but we're working on it.

On 4/9/2019 at 6:05 PM, Magecoerlin said:

We are aware that this is occurring, but have been unable to pin down what actually is happening or why, because not everyone gets this bug (I can never get it to occur on my machine) but we're working on it.

Extra tidbit I encountered when checking if changing UI Scale setting still breaks Epicenter placement:

The game writes the UI Scale change to settings file along with updating Zoom Sensitivity setting(See "Zoom sensitivity setting not saved") and setting it to 2. BUT, the game when started remembers the old Zoom Sensitivity setting and bases itself on that rather than what is actually in the settings file. Granted its useless since Epicenter can't be placed, but figured that might help devs pinpoint the cause of either issue.

i had the same problem