Spartanchick316

V32. Game Freezing. Severity 5

Since the game update. It now locks up or freezes even while during the loading screen. Bran new save file/game. Typically it does not fix while sitting on a frozen screen and the narrator doesn't seem to notice the entire game has locked up and will finish talking if he has started as though there are no problems at all. Making it somewhat more confusing. Music and sometimes other sounds will still play as normal as well. It can happen as often as every 20-30 seconds or a minute or so apart. It does seem to get worse as I play as I try to place objects and am guaranteed a freeze. Alt-tab from the game and it instantly fixes the problem. Even before the screen flips over to whatever other window was last used I see that 1 second where its flying through the load screen or the game begins to run as normal. 

This makes it difficult to tell if the game is half working while frozen as sometimes nuggets will very quickly walk to new places or leave huts at much faster paces than the game is set at. For just a few seconds as the game sort of catches up in whatever time was likely lost/used while frozen. It makes it really hard to tell what is actually happening or what I may have missed unless it's a drastic change like someone dying. 

I am unsure how to reproduce this for other PCs as I only have one pc. A restart or other checks do not seem to fix the issue. I also realize that screenshots will not help here and unless I can somehow make a quick video to share here, there is no way for me to show the issue. 

AMD Radeon RX 580 Series.   -- Since my amd graphics card is often the source of certain issues. Everyone builds on Nvidia sources.

I was unsure what QAB was so I'm on Alpha V. 0.0.32.24023

I have no pending updates for anything as of this post.

Hey Spartan, wanted you to know that I saw this. Would you mind also posting your CPU? I'm sure it's also more recent and high end, but lag is usually coming from that, not the GPU, so it's more useful to know what your processor is.

As for everything else, if you wouldn't mind switching to the experimental branch (Done through properties->Betas) then the game will write a log file that may be useful. Just start a new game, play a bit, and assuming this problem occurs a few times, grab the log file immediately afterwards and send it to me. The files can be compressed and uploaded somewhere to the cloud, like Dropbox or Googledrive, whatever is easiest for you. Then just post the download link here so we have access to it.

Settings & Log file folder
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\LocalLow\Crytivo Games Inc\The Universim

AMD Ryzen 7 1700x 

It's a lot better on the dev branch. Admittedly I did have a major blue screen and some stuff got changed. Not caused by the game. There was still some stutter during the load screen so I thought it wasn't going to make a difference. But the game played fine all things considered. 

I see an output_log would that be the one? Gets a little confusing with two hard drives in use. 

For me it helps running the game with launch option '-popupwindow', along with limiting it to 60 fps(144hz GSync). Normal branch was nearing unplayable, but experimental is a huge step in the right direction.