Cooliohotsauce

Cant start new game after update

Before the update my game worked perfectly fine, but after the update I suddenly cant start a new game. Whenever I try it loads for about 3 minutes then freezes and just stays frozen until I click it and it closes after telling me the game isn't responding. I don't know what to do at this point.

Mine seems to load fine, but since the update, at the menu page, when I click "load save", no saves are listed to choose..I clicked load by date, still nothing.  Had to start new game..at least I can play, but would liketo make progress, instead of starting over..😢

I have the same problem as Cooliohotsauce. Game freezes on loading screen after 2-3 minutes, with not responding windows error

For those of you experiencing the loading screen bug, try disabling grass in your settings and see if that does anything. If not, switch to the experimental branch on Steam and see if anything changes.

As for the save games, they cannot be loaded after an update. We change a lot of things, and allowing a save game to be loaded often leads to corrupted data, and most often the game won't even load and will leave you hanging in the loading screen.

Same problem.  A clean install, no settings changed. It crashes to desktop every time I try starting a new game. I've a decent PC, built myself, Nvidia 1060 6gb, 8gb ram, Intel i7 3770k. Latest drivers.  Not running through Steam.  There's no error message.

I can confirm that disabling grass fixes it.