Sign in to follow this  
TallBear

V31 (all versions really) Research being forced on us

This has been around for a while. It's not a bug.

But please turn off the game FORCING research on us or give us the option to turn it off. why?

example: I don't use shifts because the game population just wont go high enough for them

When shifts is the ONLY thing left to research, the game force researches it for me

Why is this bad? because my ministries try to put people in the shift slots! LOL and with out a proper population, that does a LOT of harm

Players may want to skip various research items due to bugs, balance problems, or simply for role play

5 hours ago, TallBear said:

This has been around for a while. It's not a bug.

But please turn off the game FORCING research on us or give us the option to turn it off. why?

example: I don't use shifts because the game population just wont go high enough for them

When shifts is the ONLY thing left to research, the game force researches it for me

Why is this bad? because my ministries try to put people in the shift slots! LOL and with out a proper population, that does a LOT of harm

Players may want to skip various research items due to bugs, balance problems, or simply for role play

This option was added for new players and people who would like to just concentrate on other aspects of the game and they keep forgetting to research things. 

If you have the issue with shifts, there is an option in the building panel that allows you to turn off them completely for every single building. You have an option also to turn on shifts on a specific building. That should resolve the issue with the shifts. Please, let me know if there are any other major issues that you can think auto research can cause. 

In the Building List screen there is a button up at the stop to disable shifts.

The Building List screen is opened by clicking on the icon in the top right of the window next to the Nugget List button.  The Building List button icon is a tiny stick and three parallel bars with a roof-like shape on the top.

Once you research Shifts, at the top right of the Building List pop-up screen is a slider button.  This slider turns Shifts off globally.  You can also disable Shifts for individual Buildings when Shifts are enabled.

Shifts do not work in Alpha V31.  Depending on the structure you will have either duplicate workers at once, no workers completing tasks, workers failing to schedule task on the building or workers unable to complete the task before the shift changes.

I would recommend researching Shifts as soon as they become available then disabling them in the Build List menu immediately.

Do not delay disabling Scheduling until you have a large number of production buildings. 

The toggle off of Shifts will cause your economy pause as the game adjusts the scheduling for all the Nuggets. If this is done at the wrong time your Farms, Fishing Piers and Hunting Lodges won't get enough food to Eateries to keep up with demand.  Lots of food in storage can help buffer this. 

If you do not have enough Nuggets or no Town Hall with a Mayor then you will automatically have no Nuggets for 2nd Shift.  Check this before you toggle Shifts off!  The toggle of of Shifts will remove all workers from any Building that has nobody assigned during that Shift.   This will kick workers out of Farms, Treadmills, Defense Towers, Engineers and other jobs that should not be interrupted.  You must manually re-hire any lost workers if you do not have a Town Hall.