UniAb

Too Quick Gameplay?

Are the eras going too quick?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Are the time eras going to quick ingame and not so realistically?

• Yes
    • No
    • It's fine

The Universim is a remarkable game but I think the transaction between each era is some kind too quick. What do you guys think?

I support this. I would add to each perk the some requirements, like x amount of stone, y amount of wood and also that you need more to unlock when you are evolving. The game now is so easy.

Also I think , with the research you done. It should state that a research will go take you into the next era. Also would be nice if we really can manually activate the next age , AKA in the temple like we can in creator mode

1 hour ago, Stronkie dijo:

Also I think , with the research you done. It should state that a research will go take you into the next era. Also would be nice if we really can manually activate the next age , AKA in the temple like we can in creator mode

Well, I don't share this. I don't want to manually activate the next era. I don't want this like Spore.

I mean, I suggest to have some requirements like x amount of resources (stone, wood, refined stone, electricity, etc) to unlock a perk.

And you manage when you want to advance more, or if you want to advance less. You can upgrade buildings when you want.

I'd like the old (not that old) perk system when you needed resources to unlock it. I mean the old system, not the old UI (the actual one is fabulous).

Resource requirements of some type are planned on being added back in, but were removed because we're still making so many balance changes to the game. And anytime we do that, the value of the resources may change, affecting the estimated time it takes to finish a piece of research. And that would go for every single research. So while having it be timers is definitely unideal, it's the best way right now because then we have a hardcoded amount of time it takes to finish something in the game that's very easy to change if we need to, but is affected by very little else, so we rarely do.

One thing that bothers me is how unrealistic it is to have stone era building while generating electricity and having modern scaffolding.

I would like to see more uniformed transitions for the civilization.

I found the transition to pre-medieval really satisfying tbh. I have no objection to other criteria being met and having stone huts with modern houses is quite jarring but like, just from stone to medieval is on point in my opinion. Pre-Medieval to Medieval however feels like an eternity due to some problem with refined planks production and the constant syphoning off of resources to upgrade huts to tudor houses. It brings everything to a grinding halt and has killed more than one planet for me. (I explain the issue more thoroughly in my own post). Because of this, my world will stagnate and resource shortages are exacebated by the increasing drain of a still growing population and my inability to upgrade/build more vital buildings like pumps, reservoirs and farms. It takes so long that I get bored and skip ahead to the modern era and I don't think I've ever finished a single factory because the resources (always refined planks) are never there.