rexbarkdoll

Collection of bugs

When reviewing assigned Nuggets on buildings, more often than not, I can't see their info when I hover over them. It pops up for a split second and then goes away. Moving my mouse off their icon and then back over it gives me another less than one-second blip of the popup. 
- This seems to happen when there are other buildings behind the info panel about the building and its assigned nuggets. If I'm looking at a building on the outskirts of town with nothing behind the panel, it seems to work correctly most of the time.

Minor Bugs:

• In my happiness menu there's an item called LOC_" with a countdown timer valued at +20 happiness points I have no idea what that label means.
  • When I'm clicking in the upper right region of the screen, from below the God Light button over to the Wiki Help button, I've had times where I've clicked on those buttons while my cursor is nowhere near that area. It's like the clickable region extends out into the player viewing area instead of just being limited to the button itself. On my screen, the region is maybe as far as 1/5 the way down my screen and maybe 1/3 the width of the screen from the right. Note that this isn't consistent, it just happens randomly.
  • There's something in the Happiness menu called Absolete Fear. It has no point value. I'm also not sure if you meant to write Absolute Fear? it's the same with Absolete Love.

I'll look into the nugget info pop up and see if I can't reproduce that. As for the other stuff:

- LOC is a translation term, noting that whatever text is supposed to be represented there is not. So that should be fixed for the next update

- I'll check out the clickable area for those buttons. Hopefully it's relatively easy to reproduce

- Absolete was indeed the word choice. It's tied to the Love/Fear meter that you can find at your Temple, which determines the most efficient ways for you to receive Creator Points. It also has an effect on happiness and on certain nugget stats

Awesome, thanks for the update.

Oh, one other thing that isn't a bug, but kind of struck me is that when two nuggets decide to get married, it says "Those poor fools." at the end. There's a part of the that thinks its funny, but I thought about it a little more and wanted to pass on my reflection. 

Right now in the U.S. we have a divorce rate that's somewhere in the 50-70% range. A lot of marriages involve children and it's been proven that households who have 2 adults produce a more stable environment and more well-rounded and productive children than single-parent households. I'm a really firm believer in the law of association, which says, "Whatever you spend the most time around is going to affect you to do that thing or be that way." So if you hang out with drug dealers, you're likely to become a drug dealer. If you hang out with relaxing people, you're more likely to become more relaxed. 

That little marriage message seems to pop up a lot in my game and every time I read it, I feel like I'm being influenced to dislike marriage and all the benefits it provides and accept our ever increasing divorce rate as the norm. Maybe you guys have different life experiences and I doubt you guys put this much thought into a little line. I probably would have written something similar if I had to to make the same announcement, but I just wanted to pass this food for thought along. This game is going to be played by thousands of people and you're going to be influencing them hundreds and thousands of times while they play this game.  I would like to ask you to change this line, maybe to something more like, "Those lucky lovebirds." or something. It is a good thing for the player, their civilization is going to grow, so why not make the message a good one too?

Thanks for your time,

Rex

Town Hall - Auto-assign nuggets doesn't work. It just says the guy is eating or whatever & the number will read something like 43\15 and there are buildings that remain unassigned when nuggets die.

Looks like raising it to 50 instead of 15 works

Found a Bug. When its time for a new election of Nuggets and the winner is clear, there comes a message where you can press "whateva" or "cheer" (or something like that). When you press ESC before choosing a button and then return to the game, the message window is still there but it is impossible to choose a button. You will click trough the button on i.e. a house which is behind that button. 

A workaround is to save the game and load it again. 

Edit: In the experimental branch the problem is solved. maybe it was a "onetime" Bug. cheers

I set a fire on a rival village's town. When its huts began to collapse, they had strange names heavily numbered. Not a bug but something uncompleted.

Hey everyone posting to this thread, I'm not sure if the mods are following it or not, so if you have new bugs, it may be prudent to make a new post to make sure the mods see it. All I see above is that they saw my initial post, I haven't seen responses from them since. 

I just wanted to throw that out there to make sure they're seeing your additional reports and are able to follow up on them. I don't want to see anyone else's reports get lost in  the forums.

Hope this helps,

Rex

If you can help out  , join discord https://discord.gg/crytivo  and sent Sasha a DM with your bugs , He also would love to see your save game and / or crash dumps

Where to find the Crashfile:

The crashfile is located at C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\CrashDumps .. Called The Universim.exe.7056.dmp and UnityCrashHandler64.exe.5224.dmp

Where to find your save game:

Savefile is located at : C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Crytivo Games Inc_\The Universim\Saves

Make sure you split the dump into two files of max 5 MB , due the limitation of discord of sending files larger then 8 MB