Sign in to follow this  
manamoo

Suggestion for Lazy & Weak Nuggets

Okay, so I'm going through the game for the fourth time. Have another thread going here, but this one is not about motion sickness. More a suggestion about nuggets. I was advised and noticed it works to sacrifice the lazy nuggets and the weak ones...I upped the ante by sacrificing the ones that eat too much because I feel when you get too many they do drain your resources quite a bit. Now I may be taking the game too seriously, but it's basically eugenics. Which doesn't set well with me. If I let said nuggets go on their merry way, my civilisation tends to fall apart. I have tons of CP points, that's a yay, but it's taking away from the game play. Although, it did help me hunt down the exile thieves and sacrifice them. Those guys, I don't have an issue with. So here's the suggestion:

For medieval/stone age times...have a priest/ess, shaman, boss to keep the nuggets in line, so they aren't a drain on the resources. From Tudor up possible make a center kind of like the rehab center but for traits. I think it could be fun and a bit better than having to cull the herd of the weak traits. I really did notice a difference from the other three games, to this one where I'm taking the "bad" traits out of the breeding pool. I know it's just a game, but it does kind of bother me when I step away from playing and think about the game. I'm not an emotion driven nugget...so I got really thinking about it and trying to figure out a way to not sacrifice them. Maybe even have the option to exile them? Some kind of motivation for them to not be lazy...to try and get stronger, and eat less? Like a motivator, dietitian and a gym? That way the traits would still be there, but it would give us more to do to help the nuggets or just keep on sacrificing or if you do implement allowing to exile nuggets. 

Just my thoughts...I got thinking a lot about it last night after a good game session. Realized I was so busy hunting down the nuggets with the "bad" traits than focusing on other really cool game stuff. 

Hey Manamoo, they're not bad suggestions, but they are intensive compared to the problem. So first off let me say, you can absolutely play the game without paying attention to nugget traits and micromanaging their genes. Your outcomes may be different, but they certainly aren't exempt from success. That being said, if you're uncomfortable with killing the nuggets, there are a few other options such as just making sure they don't reproduce (sounds like more eugenics since Nazi's literally did that) but you can do so in ways that may not feel as grim. The primary one is mating them to nuggets who also have bad traits, and giving them both intensive jobs so they mate less, or rolling the dice and mating them with a nugget whose traits you do want and see if you can't get more positive than negative traits out of the kids. Another way is mating them to a nugget of the same gender (Not a social commentary in any way as some people on Steam seem to be suggesting -_-) so that they can continue to live life with a loving partner, but will produce no children. And finally you can just do your best to make sure that the nuggets who have positive traits mate far more often than those with negative ones. While the negatives won't disappear, they will make a smaller percentage of the population.

But if all of these are not suitable to you, like I said you can absolutely just ignore the traits entirely and focus on other aspects of the game. Making more food, keeping happiness up, and so on. It's up to you!

Had a feeling it would be a very intense change. I've ignored the changes and thus far 3 games have gone kaput. Well said on the eugenic's Nazi thing. I do know that it was a very huge deal for the Nazi Party, "The Final Solution" is what they called it, which wasn't just elimination but sterilization as well. I digress, it's either by sheer coincidence or I got a bad draw of the Nugget cards, but I have noticed a significant change by getting them out of the gene pool. Hence the thinking about solutions to the traits. I actually like micromanaging things...it's one of my quirks. I'll probably keep doing what I'm doing until the stages progress further and the traits won't matter as much. As I've said, I'm on game restart 4, I ignored the traits until game 4. Huge difference. Again, could be a coincidence...I'm not sure. I haven't made it as far as the first game, but I'm very close. I'll keep experimenting, because it's kind of what I do. I'll do a few run through's, with your suggestions. The same gender marriage, I've done accidentally. Another thing I noticed...speaking of genders...both genders later on sometimes have multiple spouses of their own volition. Not sure if it's working as intending or a bug. I found it interesting. The entire game is very interesting just on an evolutionary standpoint. I just wonder if that if other players' start seeing that offing the weak links does make a difference it might become a "thing" to off them. I know just a game, but I got the suggestion from another player...I don't want the game to get a review that is bad because virtual eugenics took off. I just kind of thought, that maybe I should suggest something to offset it. I still do think our towns should have priest/esses, shamans, orators. For reasons other than just traits. It'd be fun to be able to do what the exile villages can do to us. 

Anyways, thank you for the suggestions, I will try them out. I know ignoring the traits hasn't worked for me for the past three games...but I don't really have luck on my side for games, in general. Unless they are table top (I probably just jinxed myself).