Sign in to follow this  
manamoo

Potential Buyer Questions

Hi guys! I was wondering a few things about this game. I've been watching it for years, now. I see it's on sale on Steam and here but there are questions! Hopefully, you players can help me come to a decision. 

1. Can you turn Camera shake off? 

2. How much control do you have in the graphic settings? 

3. Is it better to buy it on here or on Steam? Will I get more content here?

4. If yes, to #3, is the price in USD or CAD?

Thank you guys, in advance. I get motion sick really easily and have been watching video's. The rain splatter on the camera, no problem...the tornado shaking the entire screen...that's the problem. I really am excited about the game and just need some questions answered before I take the plunge. I don't want to buy the game blindly and have to return it because it makes me motion sick. 

Hey Manamoo, I saw your questions were already answered on Steam. Sorry for not getting back to you :) Just got back from the holidays. Are there any other questions I can answer?

Thanks for replying! I bought the game and no regrets. It does get a bit laggy when the nugget population gets too high. I do have a few questions/suggestions. 

I cannot for the life of me sacrifice a nugget on the temple. Cruel, yes, but sometimes it needs to be done...especially the infiltrators from exile villages. I fling them against the temple, they just hover there and then get up and go about spreading their vile words against me. I just end up dumping them in the lake. I have managed to get one, but I didn't get CP points...Is there a trick to it? I know you have to throw them...but could you possibly drop them onto the temple from a higher altitude? 

Which leads me to suggesting that we get the same things as the exile villagers get. Sending priests and orators to spread discord in their villages! I don't know what has been suggested since I came late into the game...so I don't want to be a broken record. 

More options for the camera and graphics would be nice. So far I haven't gotten motion sick, and that's a huge thing for me not to get, but I stay clear of tornadoes when I get alerted. I know this is in early access...and well done, this game has so much potential and is beautiful right now. I LOVE the narrator...he makes me laugh!! I saw negative reviews and I don't think they're just at all. I cannot wait for the next update and to be a part of the game maturing. 

OH! One more thing, I promise...maybe...LOL When you get an alert to the building falling apart, but are in the middle of trying to do something else, you can open up the full menu and there is blue text, a link? If you could be able to click on it from there, that would be fantastic. When it's ticker taping on the bottom right, click and you're there. After that, it's hit pause and pray you can find the building...I try and heal the buildings. Seems like the engineers and grave diggers are lazy sots. Okay more than one more thing. When you click on an animal to hunt, do the hunter nuggets hunt them? Or is that an in progress thing? So many questions.

I am very impressed with the game! The hubby was ignoring it on Steam, now he's watching it and will be getting it when I nag him enough! LOL I am also very impressed that you guys are very active in the community. It's nice to see that you guys are really active with the people playing and not playing. I'll say this, it's been a LONG time since I spent my entire day playing a game...I have done that twice with this game! I'm on restart #4 and every single game has been different...sometimes subtle, sometimes drastic. Love this game, cannot wait to see where it's going and hoping and praying you guys don't change it to a point where I get motion sick and can't play anymore, I'd be super bummed. Oh and please don't go VR, that would end my days as a Creator. 

Thank  you Magecoerlin for responding! I hope you had a lovely holiday! 

Manamoo

Hey Manamoo, lots to respond to here :)

So for things that you mentioned that are in the game and maybe you didn't understand or weren't clear enough.

• Using the hunt button should indeed make the hunters go and hunt that exact animal. So if that's not happening, it is a bug. It may just be taking a while, but if for sure they're not doing it, let me know and I'll try and figure out why that's happening
  • Just want to make sure you know about the flags that will indicate if a building is falling apart. Even so, in a super large civilization, it's hard to search for just one building amongst dozens. If you could also let me know how exactly the engineers and gravediggers are being lazy? It's something we've been working on, but want completely understand the issue you're having. If you feel it's a bug, please post a separate topic with the details. Thanks!

A lot of your suggestions are really good. Expanding and deepening the exile's mechanic is something that we want to do, but isn't a priority at the moment.

Things you mentioned that do seem broken and bugged

• There's no trick to sacrificing the nuggets. It should just be to grab a nugget, hold them over the temple, and click to drop them. They should fall the short distance, and land for a second, and then disappear and you get the points. If that is not happening, it is broken.

One last thing, can I ask if you have any specific suggestions for graphics features to change that would reduce motion sickness?

Yeah, I'm kind of a windbag, or so I've been told. LOL

- I'll for sure keep an eye on my hunters to make sure they're hunting. I just started a new game, I like the fact I can replay the game and it's different every time. 

- I did see the flags, easy when it's small, almost impossible in a city with a lot of buildings. The gravediggers and engineers are just idle, again, I'll keep a closer eye on them to make sure they're not bugged. It's more the going into the list on the  left after the ticker tape has expired and it tells you everything it has said...looks like there's a link to click on the building, nugget, etc. to click on but it doesn't work. Only when it's actively scrolling. It's not a huge issue, just a possible bug? I have no clue. 

I want my nuggets to have the opportunity to be meanies...those exiles are bad enough...I usually kidnap them, if I can find them and drop them in a river. LOL Especially when they are doing the orators and priests. Pause game, hunt down exiles, eliminate. Pause is a life saver! 

- I'll be trying that sacrifice way...I was under the impression you had to throw them at the temple. I'll for sure try the dropping them over.

- For motion sick, blur (which I don't think you have and hope you don't get) and camera shake is the biggest thing. When there's a tornado, I have to stay clear of it. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when earthquakes come...that I know will make me motion sick. I haven't been getting motion sick too bad...I get a bit when I run into the rocks, or buildings...the auto click to go home is crazy and I can watch but if I happen to see a rock coming up I have to look away. I turned the zoom speed down all the way for when I'm controlling the camera. It is my number one concern for games...and there are many I cannot play because I get motion sickness extremely easy now. Horrible, as I used to be a hardcore gamer. I even have a special monitor to reduce motion sickness because as a digital artist I was getting motion sick drawing at one point. The lag gets me, too, but that's my end and I am planning for a PC upgrade for my art program anyways, and they oddly are very similar to a gaming upgrade. 

- Oh and one more suggestion...AoE for the CP powers. Like the healing and possibly telekinesis...more expensive, of course...but that would be fantastic. 

Okay tried to keep it less windbag. LOL Thanks again for everything! Happy New Year!

**UPDATE**

I've been watching the nuggets and they are doing what they are told, engineers and gravediggers. 

The sacrifice is working beautifully, I think I may be part nugget, I was sacrificing to where you vote for the leaders...**insert major facepalm here** After I realized what I was doing...your method is working beautifully. I have no lazy or weak nuggets in my gene pool. A lot more believers, I think they may be afraid I'm might sacrifice them. LOL I haven't had an exile village pop up but my believers are almost at 100% I think there's one baby nugget that doesn't believe, yet. He's not lazy or weak, so he's safe. I'm a cruel creator, but kind with healing.This game was a rough start because of the lazy ones that I had to sacrifice early on, but it has smoothed itself out and is working lovely. 

Now a question, which is a debate of sorts. Is the Shifts skill broken? I have done it every time and that's when it seems like my civilization goes to absolute hell. I'm going to skip it this time around, when I get there. I thought at first it was working, but then I noticed a serious food and water shortage. Just wondering about that. 

Other than that all issues I had are resolved....OH...almost forgot...another great addition to helping with motion sickness is to be able to control the brightness. That is another huge issue I have. So camera shake, motion blur (if you plan on having that) and brightness. The brightness doesn't seem too bad currently...but I don't know what the future will hold for evolving. I'm really afraid of the space travel, because I assume that is where motion blur may become an issue. I know that's a long way off, but I like to think 5 steps ahead of what could be problems for me and the rest of the motion sick people that want to play! It's safe so far...besides the staying clear of the tornado. I'm afraid of the earthquake implementation, as it could be a game breaker for me. Unless I speed up the camera and close my eyes until it's over. Not what I want to do. LOL

Thanks again, and I figured I'd update you on your suggestions, working beautifully...I may have just had lazy nuggets in the engineers and gravedigger jobs. I really can't remember. 

When you activate shifts it will auto-fill all your workplaces with nightshifts and use up a big chunk of your spare population - population that will no longer be available for general labouring duties such as fetching/carrying and procreating. In town hall you need to set a good chunk of your nuggs NOT to be auto-assigned, eg: 15 - 25 in order to keep industry and birth rate going. If you don't have enough spare population for this, wait till you have bigger numbers before activating the shift system.

Okay I only have had a town hall once, first play through I assigned the workers. Second time, I, again, had to assign the workers myself...no town hall. I'm on play through #5. I'm a bit meaner of a Creator, lol, sacrificing the weak and lazy nuggets...and the ones that eat too much. So far, so good. Getting close to researching shifts...not quite there yet. It makes sense, I probably didn't have enough nuggets for general labour duties. I think my highest population was near 300. That's when the stutter of the camera started, and the motion sick started kicking. So I couldn't continue on. I will have to try your suggestion @Sprool. Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes. I'm not sure how much play time I'll get today, as I'm easing my way back to work so I won't have a systems overload next week. LOL 

You should be fine with 250 - 300 pop, get the town hall to leave 20 unassigned for general labour and breeding. (that's the right hand number using the green +5 button!)

Thank you, so much for the info! Now to start a new topic, because I have a suggestion, but I don't think it fits in this thread...LOL I'm almost at the town hall and the like, I'm taking my time and really trying to learn the game thus far. I rushed through the other games...and while I learned a lot, I don't think I gleaned all of the knowledge I could have.