Sign in to follow this  
forestfey

nuggets suiciding in lake

hey there, I recently bought the Universim and am so far really happy with it, also the prospect of helping to develop the game by giving feedback :)
So let's get to it: My nuggets have expanded quite heavily, I have a population of more than 300, and now that they settled "the other side of the lake", too, they regularly walk into the water and...I don't know what exactly happens then, but there's also loads of dead nuggets around that area. See screenshot, there's several "corpse-bile" blotches in the shore-area.
From my superficial knowledge and observations it looks like a pathfinding problem...
Just as a heads-up!

20181210182039_1.jpg

I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum, please feel free to move this post to the bugs and issues sub-forum. I swear I wasn't shown them when I came here to write the post, next time I'll do better, promise!

No worries about the forums. What would be super helpful is if you could post the save file where you experienced this bug? I'll leave the file path below. Just compress them and upload them here to a cloud repository.

Savegames folder
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\LocalLow\Crytivo Games Inc\The Universim\Saves

...Of course, gladly so! Would dropbox be ok? Because the file is 0.02MB too big to upload it right here... Or am I missing something in "upload them here to a cloud repository"?

Here you go

Edited by forestfey
provided download link

Yup that works. Thanks for the save file!

Have the same issue with a similar sized population. Once i hit 400 nuggets i was suddenly having issues everywhere. It appeared all my nuggets were walking into the lake. Some were walking into the water to retrieve resources (piles of iron, wood, stone etc) which i dont know how they got there (maybe from the deaths of nuggets in the water?). But most of the nuggets were walking in and they were listed as 'going to eat' where they would go to one point (seen on the pic) and staying for a while then turning back. This action seemed to overtake every other action for my nuggets so they wouldnt eat or do their normal jobs, thus started dying.
Ill add that i dont think there is any real reason why they would go into the lake in the first place. I dont really have my civilization across the other side of this lake

2018-12-24 18_36_17-The Universim.jpg

Have also uploaded my savefile
latest autosave

Yeah the reason they're ending up in the lake is the main thing we're trying to figure out. And if the resources are caused by them ending up in the lake, or are themselves the cause and if so, how did the resources end up in the lake if not the nuggets moving them. Thank you for the save, hopefully we can pin this down and get it sorted. Just got back from the holidays and this issue is a priority for me.

I had a criminal prowling about at the bottom of one of the lakes, he had the little handcuff icon next to him, probably lying low while the police search was out to collar him.

I created an account just to report this problem I had exactly the same issue I had a nice 250 nuggets and I'm down to 60 becauses they decided to take a swim all at once... *sad*

Uploaded save file https://drive.google.com/file/d/11yrBIu9HA21hGmNRp_EYIdV0YLYyow8D/view?usp=sharing

Its Bird Box all over again lol put your blind folds on 

Sign in to follow this