Lissa Gloom

Adding a military

I just watched the live stream for v29 and someone asked if there would be a militia that could be sent to fight other nations. The concern was it turning into a strategy/fighting game and I think there's a middle ground. With the ministry of defense I think it would make sense for there to be defense forces in the modern age but what about a diplomacy building? Basically, when a new tribe is founded you could choose a positive, neutral or aggressive stance against them. If you choose positive you can implement trade through, I think it's called an envoy? and you could choose which resource to trade for what. If you choose neutral you take no action and just leave them be and with aggressive, the military units would automatically rally forces. Just like hunters, they'd just do it all themselves. You simply choose your stance and let it go. If that's your only input then hopefully that would avoid it turning into a strategy war game? To step even further away maybe you could have nuggets set as diplomats who decide the stance independently.

I'm sure there's probably issues with my idea but I also think it's a good potential starting point for a perfect middle ground.

Hey Lissa, appreciate the feedback and just wanted to let you know we saw the post. I'm not sure what design decisions are happening at the moment, but we'll take your view into consideration.

As in core base fan since you guys run away with my money long time ago

I don't like how this game is becoming a strategy game/war game as well. I bet this is hunting you guys.

c47bfa8072b2380ec70936e975bc94bb_origina

• $320000 - Initial Goal [REACHED]
  • $350000 - Multi Language Support [REACHED]
  • $400000 - Dinosaurs Era
  • $450000 - The Universim Live News System confirmed!
  • $450000 - Planet editor toolset. Design your own planets using a special in-game editor!
  • $500000 - iRobot.
Some of us are pretty unhappy that are money is being runaway like this.

5a8c5518c940cad07f418fba4cf555b6_origina

Hey SimGuy,

to the best of my knowledge, this is not becoming a war game. War has never been the focus and never will be. I think most of the people asking for military aren't even wanting it to become a military sim (Did have one guy on Steam who I just told he should look elsewhere if he wanted a war game)  and are asking that it be integrated more. I don't know what exact plans there are, but I highly doubt the game will ever become an "order your troops to go specific place and wipe out the enemy" kind of game.

12 minutes ago, Magecoerlin said:

Hey SimGuy,

to the best of my knowledge, this is not becoming a war game. War has never been the focus and never will be. I think most of the people asking for military aren't even wanting it to become a military sim (Did have one guy on Steam who I just told he should look elsewhere if he wanted a war game)  and are asking that it be integrated more. I don't know what exact plans there are, but I highly doubt the game will ever become an "order your troops to go specific place and wipe out the enemy" kind of game.

:wub:

Thank goodness I have just try Age of Civilizations II series that game is too hard!

Sorry for being Salty! I guess you don't blame us waiting for years for this game! We have been patient!

When I hear the word “salty” describe someone, I think of a person who is unpleasant, highly irritated, and generally pretty angry. Salty people are those individuals who are hard to spend much time with, because before you know it you too are feeling a little salty for having to be in their presence.

Edited by SimGuy2020

Thanks for the feedback. I've got a lot of faith in this game. Crytivo has hit the nail on the head for everything I wanted in a game like this, even when I didn't know what I wanted so I know there'll be an awesome solution either way. Going to jump on v29 right now and check it out.