llano

Military Suggestion

i hope you guys dont take away military options entirely..... you stated in the stream that you wanted to keep things natural? i believe a militia and military is part of growing a world. maybe not make it to where you can have a hundred guys sure..... but like 5 warriors or maybe a couple tanks and helicopter wont hurt the game or change the mechanic too much. other towns need to become more sophisticated like in spore, where they too can create 5-10 warriors and you have to answer the call of battle and match their troops. if you as developers want to keep it more about the planet, i suggest having a temporary military system that penalizes your food, electricity, gas, and happiness, until the treat is neutralized and they can go back to their normal jobs. it gives us players a little bit of military fun but also keeps the game pure in your visions as a long term use of military would severely cripple the economy and your cities functionality @Sasha @AlexK. since you gentlemen said if we really wanted it to let you know I'm pinging for that reason alone. i personally want a military system, i hop others do too and that you guys could implement a mini system like this. best regards and thank you for reading.

threat*

Please everyone whats your thoughts on this idea?

i also dont feel its fair we can only rely on police officers (even if that) to defend our towns from hostile villages..... its not fair to us that we have to fend these hostile groups off without a form of some tempoary militia system or some form of on call military for that purpose..... it can be randomly generated for all most of us care but to manage hostilities with CP only is ludacris

The idea that being at war or maintaining a military is detrimental to society is awesome in my eyes. I made a post with an idea for implimenting a military and I think this idea would work really well with it in tandem.

To revive this...

It'd be interesting if there was some sort of a militia system akin to Dwarf Fortress or other strategy games within that nature. By this, I mean a set of mobile-Nuggets who would be able to mobilize during an event to defend the city against other hostile nuggets.

I am by no means a programmer, but you could even program (of which I would think would be easy?) a hunting-lodge for people, right? When they attack, you merely click on one of the nuggets and click something akin to 'hunt,' and watch as they march out to deal with the threat.

Oh, and threats from other cities would be cool... like nukes... ;)

On 12/3/2018 at 9:19 AM, llano said:
"i hope you guys dont take away military options entirely..... you stated in the stream that you wanted to keep things natural?"

One could argue that the military is indeed natural. Especially in the progression of ANY society. ;)

I know you don't want this to be a military game.....but it's simply a must.