Geanois

Let's talk about broken promises, users that left long ago, big words, "but what do we know" and GODUS!

Since this topic made me so angry when it occured I decided to take screenshots of it and post them when 3 years have passed. Universim is STILL not finished and way WAY too many promises were broken. I am still waiting for some of the physical kickstarter rewards (i.e THE GAME ITSELF!).

I do remember how you always said "Universim won't end like GODUS"

All these Screenshots were taken on 11/04/2015(!)

Happy reading or - like I expect - happy deleting/denying/blowing more hot air/bringing more apologies.......

Gea

3JahreAufheben03.jpg

3JahreAufheben02.jpg

3JahreAufheben01.jpg

3JahreAufheben.jpg

******** Hides in the Corner another unhappy post. **********

Theses developers are making a wonderful game looks like it's hard to make any one happy!  :wub:

And there trying there best with a Small team Remember that.

Where still bashing? No Personal Attacks please or it be reported.

And btw I have over 200+ hours in-game The Universim on Steam come on!

Anyways it's a free world after all!

=================

https://steamcommunity.com/app/352720/discussions/0/1734338354738161573/

fef49e7fa7e1997310d705b2a6158ff8dc1cdfeb.jpg
Alex  [developer] Sep 5 @ 3:37pm
Long Development Time Concern
We think it’s time to address the mammoth in the room. We’ve seen a fair amount of negative comments and reviews regarding our development time, which we want to discuss in this open letter. 

Yes, the game has been in production for 4 years, which is certainly longer than initially anticipated. We announced release dates on Kickstarter that seemed achievable, but quickly realized that we didn't leave ourselves enough time to achieve our ultimate vision. It would have been a complete mess to release a rushed game, especially considering this is our first title as a studio. We want to make a huge splash in the industry. 

The Universim is a project we have loved and believed in from its very first moments, and we know that’s something we share with all of you. If any of us lacked that faith, we wouldn’t be here today. The Kickstarter would have failed and The Universim may never have existed. Our fans offered us a unique opportunity to make something great, and that’s what we intend to do. 

We didn’t want to be another Kickstarter flop. We have far too much respect for our fans and the trust they have placed in us. There are quality standards we have worked enormously hard to achieve, especially considering the size of our team. It has killed us inside to keep everyone waiting, and even more so when we read comments like “too little, too late” or “this is all you’ve done in 4 years?” on features or updates that the team has put so much effort into. 

The truth is, game development is a very complicated and challenging process, especially when developing a title that requires so much new technology to be built. We had to rewrite physics systems and AI pathfinding (shift from typical planar movement to a fully spherical, procedural solution that also performs well with large unit counts); construct and optimize a system that procedurally generates planets, simulates weather (everything related to natural systems), and handles all AI-related tasks; and build an engaging and enjoyable experience that bridges the gap between indie and AAA. This is where 4 years went -- building tech and systems that will be used throughout the game (including procedural alien worlds).

Everything we showed in the Kickstarter trailer is still coming, and it’s going to be great. We’ve read comments mentioning that we have somehow cut content out, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. In fact, we have pushed the quality well beyond anything that the initial trailer showcased, but that takes time. 

We hate to drag money into this, but it’s been another topic that is brought up constantly. We received around $400,000 through Kickstarter back in 2014. That seems like a ridiculous amount of money, and many of us wish we could have just 10% of that sitting in our bank accounts, but it doesn’t amount to much when you’re making a game. Once you deduct 21% for taxes, remove the Kickstarter fee, remove the Amazon processing fee, and fulfill physical rewards, you’re lucky to be left with $150,000. That makes it very difficult to pay just 4 full-time programmers for a year, let alone freelancers, contributors, and more for 4 years. Continued sales through our website saved the project and got it to where it is now. 

There are so many tiny things that add up and extend delays, but it’s been an amazing journey of learning and discovery. We don’t want to give you the wrong idea; we love what we do so very much. All of the setbacks, technical hiccups, and hair-pulling problems have certainly caused frustration for both us and the community, but all of the knowledge we have gained has made the team stronger and more capable than ever. Sometimes, the road you travel can be rough, but the wisdom gained will lead to greatness in the future. 

To all of our supporters, past, present, and future, we can’t thank you enough for your contributions. This project wouldn’t exist without you, and we are truly sorry for the delays. All of us here at Crytivo will continue to do our absolute best to make this game something phenomenal. We are proud of everything we have achieved so far, and we can’t wait to show you what’s coming. The major foundations are now present in the game, and it’ll only get better from here. 

Thanks again for sticking with us! We hope this clears things up.

All of our love,

The Crytivo Crew
========================================
***hides**** Here comes a flame post ***hides****
:wub:

Remember I don't speak for the developers or work for crytivo only defending this game.

On 1.12.2018 at 3:26 PM, SimGuy2020 said:

And there trying there best with a Small team Remember that.

First of all... "Small Team"... Kickstarter Information:

5a8c5518c940cad07f418fba4cf555b6_origina

ce421bb783317c51a18202d6c7471c7e_origina

Not a small list. And it's the staff from 2014. Most of them are already gone and some joined the team end of 2017. In between there was mostly silence and mismanagement.

The team’s deepest desire and ultimate inspiration is to create a game that we, and the community, want to play. We want to create a game that is just as unique as it is entertaining; something that will always keep you coming back for more. The Universim aims to unleash you upon the universe with the powers of a god to begin forging your galactic empire in the stars. The ability to play as a god gives you unparalleled power, but unlike other god-games, you cannot interact directly with your population in the game. However, you can influence their decisions and change the way in which your civilization evolves. It is up to you to decide which technology path they follow and what kind of research they undertake-you have the power to shape their future. Instead of taking control of a static game world that awaits your every command, life will go on as you would expect. You are effectively taking control of a living simulation. Like a ball of clay on a potter's wheel, the world will keep spinning, but you will be there to mould it to your liking. Although, the ball of clay may or may not slap your hand away at times. 

-Kickstarter Description

-You can influence their decision and change the way in which your civilization evolves... Somehow a check. But that was easy.
-"The ability to play as a god gives you unparalleled power" not really a check. God is pretty limited. And mostly destructive.

-"Instead of taking control of a static game world that awaits your every command, life will go on as you would expect." The world waits for commands. If they already have researched something, you need to tell them to build it or they simply ignore it. So a big lie.

Dangerously funny played the universim the way it should be in a youtube video but failed because the game is designed as builder game with direct control over building placement and need of building placement. You research something and the nuggets use the new knowledge to build those things and evolve. That would be the right way it was described in Kickstarter. You research wells... they build wells from the moment on they know how to do it on their own.

And NO. Ministers are not the solution because they are not in the game yet and won't be avaiable until a later age. So a big big lie.

Post WithDraw!

Feels better!

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:56 AM, SimGuy2020 said:

Post WithDraw!

Feels better!

I asked about a militia in the stream, to help defend against villages that attack you. Not a military.

I talk about broken promises now.

(Copied from Steam)

Somebody said:

what happens when i stop building?
If i stop building outward in my planet, will my nuggets eventually start building their own stuff such as engineering buildings and restaurants, etc.?

I answered:

this game was planned like this from the beginning in the kickstarter pitch you know. but the devs decided to go an easy way and let you place the buildings all by yourself and now the nuggets die from bacteria even if they know how to build wells. why? because they are stupid.

Original Kickstarter trailer:
Start: 3:10

It was planned this way:

You place the epicenter and guide them with godly intervention. give them knowledge and help them research new technology. have godly powers to care for them and help or kill them if they develop in a way you're unhappy with. like an ant farm Alex K describes it. You don't build things for your ants. They build things on their own based on their knowledge. But the dev team lied.

You should have a living world that exists in its boundaries and is able to care for itself based on technology. What we have is a static world that awaits input. Without your input they do nothing and buildings collapse, they drink from the lake and they even can't handle the technology they already know. 

it was planned as: you lead them the way and give them technology and they evolve around the epi center you placed. they build the things you tought them with divine inspiration. and you should have the power of a god and decide if what they are doing is good or not.

And no. Ministers won't change that. Why? It's too late. It was promised from the stoneage. Big fat lie.

I wanted the game in the Kickstarter Trailer. Not the game they are developing.

PitchBlack wrote:

actually this will be so cool!, like a real god, only intervene when you feel like it.

I answered: 

Yes. That's why so many people supported the game. That's the reason you called creator. They aimed to develop a real god game. But the devs decided to ignore the original pitch and did something different.

____

What did the devs do? They saw the problem with the micromanaging. They introduced shifts... Shifts do not work well and make things worse for most people (look in the forums) Ministers won't work well too because 1. too late and 2. auto assign does not work well too... Because the game is designed as an input who**. Instead of giving the gameplay they promised in Kickstarter, they give tideous placement gameplay and you are reduced to maintenace things.

_-_-_-_-_

@Alex Koshelkov @Magecoerlin @Sasha (especially only Alex, because you're the one responsible for it... Magecoerlin and Sasha came tho the team while damage was done already end 2017)

What is your excuse? Would you please be so kind and tell me why there is no need to micromanage the nuggets as you promised it in Kickstarter 2014. I play a completly different game full of micromanagement. Starting with the need to tell them that lake water is bad... Although they know how to build wells on their own. They build stone huts on their own because they seem to be smart enough, but fail to use a technology they learned? Fascinating. The whole game design does not make sense.

There is no need to worry about micromanaging your citizens as they will take care of themselves to the best of their ability. But, to sate your curiosity, you will have a handy News System at your disposal that will keep you updated about all major events occurring in the game. This is particularly helpful when your civilization spans across multiple planets!

-Alexander Koshelkov CEO Crytivo, Kickstarter Update May 12th 2014

Yep agree placing down buildings is like playing SimCity all over again. I remember when EA left will wright and maxis. Good old days are long gone. I wonder what happen if Will Wright made this game?

I believe I can answer several questions the OP has about the pacing of this game production.

I am a game developer myself, although on a much smaller scale than this, I started recently and I work on the very same game engine as the universim, notably Unity.

The lot of you are accusing the developer team and studio of slow pace, lack of information etcetera.

Truth being told, it is incredibly easy to make a video of what you want to achieve, the video is a scripted motion picture, an animation made in Unity engine is even easier to make.

Have you ever wondered why cutscenes in so many games are so fluid and look so good ? Characters showing different expressions etc ? this is because of a very specific set of definitions. Making a cutscene or a movie in a game is actually very easy because you only worry about using the assets to perform specific simple tasks:

For example, running up to another character, make a conversation it's all just model scripting to perform movements in a simple singular cell, for moe most part in many games cutscenes use predefined spaces but some games use an active environment for more realism, lets look at it here:

This is as simple as it gets, you'll never see majority of assets used in this scene in the game, actually after the scene the building for the chantry is still standing and can be seen in some moments, despite just being disintegrated.

Making a movie is simple, in the movie for kickstarter trailer we saw the vision of the game, however some of you claim that 10 people is a lot to work on a game.

You know what ? 12 people is a project team, not a game making group that can make a game in a year. THAT is unachievable.

Most game studios that get a project running have a team of around 15-20 people working on a project to present it to the CEO and decide it's fate.

Now lets see at an independent studio rolling credits and lets count how many people worked on a game:

You say 12 people is enough to make a game in a year ?

Witcher 3 took 2 years and look at how many people worked on it.

But OK, that's Witcher 3, it's a second sequel, they have the money for it right ?

Fine, lets look at Witcher 1 Credits:

If you still believe a 12 men group is a studio strong enough to make a game in a year or so, I congratulate you your ignorance.

I dare say the builds we are getting are doing just fine, I don't really care how much time it gets to make this game to it's finale. As long as I get to play it actually.

Now to put the salt on the insult by OP.

We get builds to test, you know what that means ?

Of course you don't, if you did you would never wonder.

A test build is given to outside testers to test not how the game actually works but how it works with hardware at specific stages of production, we report bugs that usually don't show up on the main test machine (lab) and this is the important part of making a game a working system. Pre-Alpha testing will determine what is not working correctly before they even push for another milestone. 

Another reason for releasing builds is gathering more feedback to determine if the direction of the game is moving forward properly.

Me and my friend are making a mobile app, 2 people working on it, want to know how long we are doing it ?

7 months now, and we didn't even get to graphical design yet. Self thought C# scripting, it takes us ages.

But if it wasn't for C# we wouldn't be able to go that far.

I'm kind of grateful this game is being done with C# because it's a great language, much simpler code, smaller in space, games made in this language look so damn good I could lick them and they are actually small for the design.

If Monster Hunter World was done in C++ it would be 70 gigs size, seriously the language is good, but highly inefficient, C# is four time better, contains both javascripting and C++ to make best use of object handling. Top it off with Unreal Engine 4 design specifically for C# (handles very well all other languages as well, but it excels with C#) making it incredibly suitable for high quality graphics games.

Unity is a great engine too, especially for games like The Universim.

Personally I think this game is great and the pacing is just fine if the team is 12 people, I kind of know where the game development actually is already, and I am giddy to see the final product.

@Kerby84

Your posting about pre-alpha builds, if you have an AI algorithm that will make Nuggets do and use the technology on their own, share it with the devs

Cheers. The Feedback from our build testing is telling the devs enough about what to prioritize on the later AI implementation builds, it takes quite a lot of time to write a script handling 200+ nuggets to perform the way described in the kickstarter, it is not the most pressing matter at this point.

The Idea is to show nuggets how to build so they can eventually do it themselves, look at the exile villages, buildings just pop out of the blue, it's not like things just happen on their own. It's hard enough to make pattern for pathing for nuggets so they know where not to go and where to go, and a much harder thing to make in-game objects to do what you would expect them to do on their own.

People without leadership will just cause anarchy, we have introduced leadership for now, but it will take a slightly more advanced leadership to make things go the way described in the kickstarter.

This is why the Government is researched, and I think I stressed enough by now how badly research is being done, in the later builds this too will get fixed but they can't just fix everything at once, it doesn't work that way.

There is always a checklist to do things in order and everything is being addressed in it's time. If they had 50+ people they would probably be able to do 2 things at once and make builds containing more solutions.

-Resources

-People

-Time

-Result

Doesn't get faster.

Edited by 4685578525
addendum

@4685578525 I can't stand the "pre release" thing any longer. It's in development since 2014 and i'm here since then. and the excuse thing from alex does not count. If you're an programmer you should know that they either are able to do it or they are simply too untalented.

Not everyone willing to make a game is able to make one. That's the problem here. I'm not the one that started a kickstarter promising this gameplay. He Alex had enough money to hire a good programmer. but he did not. He decided to go an easy way. The reason behind it... It's way easyer to program for them so they simply changed the concept and started lying. 

And they need the "script" sooner or later if they want to implement ministers that should do the job. But It's not in the game because they simply don't know how to implement it. If they knew how - it would be in the game from the beginning. 

The whole concept of the game is described in the kickstarter video:

Start a civilization as creator "god" by placing the epicenter and they are aware of you as god

They evolve trough your actions (research godly intervention and so on and prayers)

If they evolve the way you want it you bless them (it was discussed about wrath that builds up if they develop a way you don't want to)

If they for example lose faith in you you unleash wrath upon them and those who survive will fear you but then evolve the way you want it.

And many more.

All things in the game... government and so on are fixes for the broken base. But that does not make the broken base better. The whole concept is a lie.

The game is intended as builder game. The gameplay won't change in the stoneage if they are able to insert working "ministers" that fullfill their role. But that's the point. It's a completely different gameplay.

And comparing a indie game with the witcher is a silly thing. Compare it to other indies. Compare it to Banished, compare it to Stardew Valley, compare it to War for the Overworld, compare it to Foundation of course. All really small teams or only one person. Difference? They now how to programm and make games and don't fool their supporters.

Banished was developed by one person in his spare time over years and has still a stable player base of: Released 2014

1,513 PLAYERS 24h peak and over 24000 good reviews.

Stardew Valley was developed by one person in his spare time over years and has still a stable player base of: Released 2016

9,988 PLAYERS 24h peak and over 110000 good reviews.

War for the Overworld was developed by a small team and funded trough kickstarter and has still a stable player base of: Released 2015

160 Players 24h peak and over 3800 good reviews.

Foundation is not out yet but will be released 2019 and was funded this year March.

17 minutes ago, Kerby84 said:

@4685578525 I can't stand the "pre release" thing any longer. It's in development since 2014 and i'm here since then. and the excuse thing from alex does not count. If you're an programmer you should know that they either are able to do it or they are simply too untalented.

Not everyone willing to make a game is able to make one. That's the problem here. I'm not the one that started a kickstarter promising this gameplay. He Alex had enough money to hire a good programmer. but he did not. He decided to go an easy way. The reason behind it... It's way easyer to program for them so they simply changed the concept and started lying. 

And they need the "script" sooner or later if they want to implement ministers that should do the job. But It's not in the game because they simply don't know how to implement it. If they knew how - it would be in the game from the beginning. 

The whole concept of the game is described in the kickstarter video:

Start a civilization as creator "god" by placing the epicenter and they are aware of you as god

They evolve trough your actions (research godly intervention and so on and prayers)

If they evolve the way you want it you bless them (it was discussed about wrath that builds up if they develop a way you don't want to)

If they for example lose faith in you you unleash wrath upon them and those who survive will fear you but then evolve the way you want it.

And many more.

All things in the game... government and so on are fixes for the broken base. But that does not make the broken base better. The whole concept is a lie.

The game is intended as builder game. The gameplay won't change in the stoneage if they are able to insert working "ministers" that fullfill their role. But that's the point. It's a completely different gameplay.

How much of what I wrote you actually read ?

How much of what I wrote you actually understand ?

I understand you being impatient for a product that looks great but takes more time and effort than it was expected.

Writing an AI script is no easy task, I'm fairly sure they are working on it, but before they can implement it, the majority of the game needs to work properly in the first place.

The AI script will not ignore performing nugget tasks if they are broken or bugged, those will be performed despite being broken or bugged and the game will collapse causing bluescreen because of memory leaks. Before the AI script can be implemented the game needs to be in a fairly working order with all assets in the game.

Your lack of understanding how AI in games work shows you have zero knowledge to par with your zero patience.

I have a suggestion for you.

Install Unity engine and write a 3D visual Labyrinth where you move the ball by moving the labyrinth.

I give you a month. You are restricted from using google, or any other resources, buy yourself a book on C# or borrow it and do the mage in a month. Well talk after you do it.

Simple game, one level. Get to it. Maybe then you will understand how programming works.

Edited by 4685578525
typo

16 minutes ago, 4685578525 said:

How much of what I wrote you actually read ?

How much of what I wrote you actually understand ?

All and you don't seem to understand. But It's okay. I'm not there to teach you. 

Your lack of understanding how AI in games work shows you have zero knowledge to par with your zero patience.

Oh I know it for sure. You need to develop the base first. but you will see. 

I give you a month. You are restricted from using google, or any other resources, buy yourself a book ion C# or borrow it and do the mage in a month. Well talk after you do it.

Simple game, one level. Get to it. Maybe then you will understand how programming works.

Why should I? I'm not an programmer. I'm not trained to do such things. But I do not claim to be one. 

But there are programmers out there that are good at their job and deliver what they promise. It's not about the timely manner. I only said it's not an excuse any longer. Speaking in your words... They should have started with the script in the year 2014 so the base works like described. But they choose the easy way. Maybe because they were unable to create a script as described or maybe (that's the main reason) they thought a builder game would sell better.

So it's not a thing of time or manpower or anything else... It's a simple changed decision. The last two staff members  joined the team end 2017 from other games in the crytivo store... at least @Magecoerlin. In between there was mostly pr. and the dream from alex to create a shop. 

It's about the whole game mechanic. But blabble as you want.

7 minutes ago, Kerby84 said:

All and you don't seem to understand. But It's okay. I'm not there to teach you. 

Oh I know it for sure. You need to develop the base first. but you will see. 

Why should I? I'm not an programmer. I'm not trained to do such things. But I do not claim to be one. 

But there are programmers out there that are good at their job and deliver what they promise. It's not about the timely manner. You are a bit ignorant.

It's about the whole game mechanic. But blabble as you want.

You're being arrogant now.

So they could hire a wizard that will write the game for them, how much of it would be theirs ?

How would they learn for next projects ?

So you're not a programmer ? I wasn't too, but I did that thing when I started to learn C#

If you don't write something yourself (and this project on labyrinth is a great start) you'll never learn how to do it right.

In addition hiring someone who is vastly experienced would cost quite a bit. That kickstarter money would drain rather quickly.

Do you know why Divinity Original Sin was done not on time as well ? took quite a while to do it, initial time was way out of their reach.

But once the game gets to a certain point it just gets easier for two reasons, majority of game is done, majority of assets are done, it's then easier to focus on coding.

DoS2 took even less time to make because they already had a chunk of experience. If people leave and others come it takes time and prolongs the production.

There are programmers out there that are good at their job and deliver games faster, but they have much bigger resources to work with.

Can you name a 12 man studio that promised a game and delivered it on time IN WORKING CONDITION ?

52 minutes ago, 4685578525 said:

You're being arrogant now.

So they could hire a wizard that will write the game for them, how much of it would be theirs ?

How would they learn for next projects ?

So you're not a programmer ? I wasn't too, but I did that thing when I started to learn C#

If you don't write something yourself (and this project on labyrinth is a great start) you'll never learn how to do it right.

In addition hiring someone who is vastly experienced would cost quite a bit. That kickstarter money would drain rather quickly.

Do you know why Divinity Original Sin was done not on time as well ? took quite a while to do it, initial time was way out of their reach.

But once the game gets to a certain point it just gets easier for two reasons, majority of game is done, majority of assets are done, it's then easier to focus on coding.

DoS2 took even less time to make because they already had a chunk of experience. If people leave and others come it takes time and prolongs the production.

There are programmers out there that are good at their job and deliver games faster, but they have much bigger resources to work with.

Can you name a 12 man studio that promised a game and delivered it on time IN WORKING CONDITION ?

Oh yes you were arrognant first. I thought it is your talking style. So I adapted. And yes I already wrote indi dev teams with only one person that did the development beside a dayjob over years. Stardew Valley and Banished. They did not ask for Kickstarter funding. And the War for the Overworld team did ask for kickstarter but development was in a good timeframe. But you still don't get it. I'm not talking about the time. If the whole game concept was developed as promised i would not care about dev time. But they simply changed the concept of the game from the ground up. And "they need to do goverments first" is a pretty stupid phrase. If a dev team wants do develop a game based on a concept they show... they develop the base for it. The base would be pathfinding and a system of autonomous building generation. They've implemented it with stonehuts already. they spawn autonomously. but they simply decided that the core concept is to change placement control for other buildings and force the player to do it. So they changed from indirect to direct.

The reason behind it... The gameplay mechanic and progession is way easier if you only need to add new buildings and some mechanics for the buildings that are somehow already in the code. So you are able to generate gameplay elements much quicker than a gameplay for an indirect game. Indirect games need content. Quests, scripted events and so on. Direct control allows you to generate task for a player and give him something to do. Eiter by generating a maintenance system or something to overwatch.

so by adding for example a fire station.. the code was already in the game... fire and water ... they had less work by adding new gameplay in comparsion to scripted events. the base of every builder game: entertain yourself with the buildings we give you.

in comparsion to this situation... the original idea... you research a technology for them. they are now able to build the associated building. for example... fire station. they build the fire station on their own like they do with huts to cover the area. 

if you make something autonomous you have to replace gameplay content. the actual gameplay is placing things and maintaining them. 

and i repeat... adding objects to place is much easier than adding real gameplay.

so in conclusion: if they introduce ministers that should do the same like the "script" you talked about in the beginning... autonomous placing of the associated buidings, they remove gameplay but do not replace it because. "it's your choice if you use ministers or not" you still are able to place and manage every building... and that's against the core concept of the game. 

Btw.: You're not the first "programmer" that tries to clear things up. TallBear is a really nice person and he knows what he talks about. And he gave the team some good advice regarding programming.

EDIT: And don't get me wrong... People like building games. Me too. But this game was promoted as indirect god game in which you evolve and care or punish your civilization and may lead them until space age... But now it's a mix between settlers and anno. And it's not and won't be ever a indirect god game. 

I hope you missed the amount of people they can work with at this point.

All this takes time, the more people they can hire the better but hiring people also takes money and area for them to work, equipment, it all costs.

6 minutes ago, 4685578525 said:

I hope you missed the amount of people they can work with at this point.

All this takes time, the more people they can hire the better but hiring people also takes money and area for them to work, equipment, it all costs.

You still don't get it do you? No offense. But this has nothing to do with the amount of people or the time. If 100 apes type on a keyboard there is no progression. If one person that is able to do something types on a keyboard there is progression.

And yes all costs. And money was spent for a shop and people have to handle the shop. And money was spent for pr instead of proper programmers. But i could go on with the list....

I do not talk about the development time. They simply have choosen a different game direction. Now you're not reading my post. ;-) But does not matter.

The decision is made. They have choosen to develop a builder game because it's way easier for them to develop. So the point is still active... A lie in the Kickstarter.

And to repeat it... Banished and Stardew Valley have been made by one person over years beside their daytime job. One person is enough if the person  knows how to do it. In my case it's not the time... It's the broken concept. So... BROKEN CONCEPT. 

You assume they changed the direction of the game when it's still in pre-alpha ...

2 minutes ago, 4685578525 said:

You assume they changed the direction of the game when it's still in pre-alpha ...

It's pre alpha since 2014 and yes. I think you're a smart person. Watch their trello board.

The game mechanic is: place buildings yourself except residential.

Learn new technologies and advance to the "medival age" or "modern age" and research ministers or do not research them if you want them to place the buidings for you or not.

Then the process repeats in space age with different planets.

The base concept won't change.

To clarify it visually. Dangerously Funny played the Universim in the way it was intended... But it did of course not work... He said things like... "i invented it for you and you are too stupid to build wells..." and civilization died... but still funny to watch.... but I think you get the point. As I said... no offense but i know the development progress longer than you and know what to expect.

Since it seems my first post didn't make it clear enough, 4685578525 and you keep trying in your seemingly arrogant and slightly cocky way (sorry that's how it feels to me) to explain that games take time: it is NOT only about the delay of the release. 

Did you read those screenshots? Yes I know the forum mixed the order up but still.... it is about how the DEV HIMSELF was ignorant and refused to believe this game will need MUCH MORE time to be finished when he was told so...he even MOCKED the user who told him that this would happen - that it would be AT LEAST 3 MORE YEARS for this game to finish and there we are...more than 3 years later....Alex didn't just ignore the warnings, no he even mocked the users.

In the beginning I was one of those users who even tried to defend the delays and talked about patience, but then Alex decided to act like that and I got sick and tired of all this crap.

Having delays is one thing - YES I can wait patiently

Beign IGNORANT, ARROGANT and COCKY is some other thing which I can not accept.

Alex was the one who was blind for how long it takes to develop a game, not us, the kickstarter supporters - some of us even tried to warn him. Some of us (see screenshots) even SLAMMED all the things he already did wrong right into his face. Did he care at that time? NO

So SORRY, but I don't care if they apologied this year or last year since this apology came WAY TOO LATE! They should have apologized when they mocked backers who warned them, they should have apologized when users started to leave because of that - 3 YEARS AGO!

This will be my last post regarding this topic, I hope it is clear enough now.

regards,

Geanois

PS: No need to ask me if I am salty. YES I AM SALTY and extremely fed up!

Im just gonna jump in and say, even in black and white you had to place certain buildings, at least in the start. Eventually they would work on their own, but its just part of it. Now eventually I would love to see the AI become self-sufficient and build all on their own, would probably look better than my layouts :D . I am a backer for the biggest kickstarter game ever, star citizen, and it has been delayed, and feature creeped, and ect. However I still play it and enjoy it because it has grown in scope and is becoming more than we ever imagined. Now, I believe this game can level out and be more of a god game with little influence, but you still want a decent amount to keep you engaged or it would be like watching paint dry. Balance is the key to any good game, and that comes with time and work. Is the development taking longer than thought, of course, Welcome to open development. What I enjoy from these open development games vs closed (GTAV, FFVII, Gran Turismo),  is we get to see and influence the development. GTAV was delayed by 3 years, but most people didn't know because it was a closed quiet development by a large studio. I love that our ideas and opinions help to influence this game and make it better, however to implement everything and have it working takes time. Star Citizen just got Object Container Streaming set up so that items load in as you need it so not to starve your pc of resources, as well as Face Over IP, The tech behind that is so extreme and new, it was horribly flawed at first testing, but has gotten better. I will stick around and keep trying to influence this game for the better, citing references like B&W, SC, WFTO, and more to help give collective ideas, instead of just getting salted.

18 minutes ago, AceOfSpadez said:

Im just gonna jump in and say, even in black and white you had to place certain buildings, at least in the start. Eventually they would work on their own, but its just part of it. Now eventually I would love to see the AI become self-sufficient and build all on their own, would probably look better than my layouts :D . I am a backer for the biggest kickstarter game ever, star citizen, and it has been delayed, and feature creeped, and ect. However I still play it and enjoy it because it has grown in scope and is becoming more than we ever imagined. Now, I believe this game can level out and be more of a god game with little influence, but you still want a decent amount to keep you engaged or it would be like watching paint dry. Balance is the key to any good game, and that comes with time and work. Is the development taking longer than thought, of course, Welcome to open development. What I enjoy from these open development games vs closed (GTAV, FFVII, Gran Turismo),  is we get to see and influence the development. GTAV was delayed by 3 years, but most people didn't know because it was a closed quiet development by a large studio. I love that our ideas and opinions help to influence this game and make it better, however to implement everything and have it working takes time. Star Citizen just got Object Container Streaming set up so that items load in as you need it so not to starve your pc of resources, as well as Face Over IP, The tech behind that is so extreme and new, it was horribly flawed at first testing, but has gotten better. I will stick around and keep trying to influence this game for the better, citing references like B&W, SC, WFTO, and more to help give collective ideas, instead of just getting salted.

So far I like this game as well to! Yep I did almost forgot Black and White was that way too!

I am a Kickstarter backer and I just join the Test Squad Team! I been pretty positive person that's why they choose me for the Test Squad looking forward to be Q and A Tester for the future patches! Thanks @Alex Koshelkov! They do need our support!