Socks1w

Population help

Sorry if this isn't the correct place to put this. My population stops growing right around 150. Do we have to wait for further updates to be successful in growing a larger pop or am I doing something wrong? Nuggets are dying  faster than they are being born. I have everything they could need, plenty of resources.

I looked to see if anyone else has this issue but didn't see any posts.

We have a soft cap that decreases nugget breeding around then, yes. Having too many more than that starts to stress the engine, but we're working to increase that cap and make the game more efficient. It is possibly to get past 150 though and up to 200. You just have to be very good at managing your nuggets.

Ah ok that makes sense then. 

You say that the nugget breeding is reduced around the 150 mark. 

What value does it return to normal again?

I, like many people had a population of around 160 and then it dramatically drops. Currently I'm in 45 and it's still dropping. It's infuriating.

Plenty of food, water, happiness, resources. Spent ages getting them to mate but very few babies happening. The town I spent hours making is like a ghost town.

I see loads of people are having this issue now. Also, "shifts" seems to be having an added effect to this.

Any idea when this might be fixed, it's totally putting me of the game!! 😕

Well I believe the soft cap was increased with the most recent update, so if you're seeing population drops  in the 100s it shouldn't be caused by that

I love that we have extended life in the new update. I had over 300 nuggets and didn’t know what to do with them. Lol

So could it be "shifts" then? It all went wrong about that time. No one is breeding, there "were" plenty of labourers, enough food and water & materials to feed a huge army and the citizens were happy. Why the mass population drop? I've been telling them to mate loads recently too.

That's possible.  A lot f people have been complaining about Shifts recently, but it was hard to tell how much the population drops were being affected by Shifts and how much was just coinciding with hitting the population cap. @Socks1w did you research shifts before reaching 300, after, or at all?

No, I skipped shifts. Because when I could only get to a pop of about 150, it really messed it up. But I’ll try it this time since I should have enough nuggets to spare.  

Good luck @Socks1w , may the Nuggets be with you! 😁

@Magecoerlin, thanks for the ongoing interest. Much appreciated.

Though i doubt the Nuggets standing around doing nothing off shift care!

That would be great yeah, and let me know if the pop drop happens then. It may indeed be that Shifts is the issue. We're looking at balance changes for it, but the more information we have on it and the more problems we can address, the better.

Night Shift seems to be better now that there’s more nuggets. However the game did start getting laggy as my population grew and I put down more buildings. But that may be my computers fault. 

But I think the problem with night shift was the population cap.

I also ran into food issues both times I played. I made sure I had tons of hunter huts,  kitchens, farms and fishing huts. I just kept running out of food faster than I could catch or grow it.

First I complain because I can't get enough nuggets. now i complain because I have too many and they're dying of starvation. lol I'm sorry.

Don't apologize! It's all about balancing, so it's important to get all the information we can about it. Another player also complained that it was getting difficult for him to feed his population.

Can I ask another thing? If you sort by age, what is the oldest nugget you have? One player on the Steam forums reported having nuggets over 100.

Oldest for me is 150 and still going up 😳. 

The first five pages of the pop log are all over 100.