Sign in to follow this  
Gabbo1313

Grassy patch thoughts

hello Crytivo

thought i'd drop some info and thoughts about the grassy patch update.

the bad i will get out of the way (it may not be bad but my gosh lol), firstly the nuggets reproduce like no tomorrow 100+ nuggets and not even in medieval age or sustainable practices lol, my starting zone is littered with huts... 

secondly the water pumps completely freezing over and the reservoirs emptying far too quickly is a problem, like i have 5/6 pumps at max and 2 reservoirs with one only filling up at a time.. it would probably be more efficient if both trickle filling rather than wait for one to fill.

Now onto the Good.

the tech tree is awesome, i like how it is set out and even the new temple showing how much of a creator we are good/bad nice info-graphic, the Nug's this patch seem to do their job quite thoroughly and more efficient *aside from the above mentioned baby-making*, the creator powers are well done and LOVE the forest powers, my Nug's love me now because of it haha.

The narrator on certain events are a welcome change, if he didnt keep telling me my Nug's are idiots drinking lake water and suggest building more wells.. i'd need more hospitals. In the same area, the introduction is another welcome change absolutely love it.

love this update and saw very little bugs that plagued previous updates, you have done damn good.
Only things i noticed were someones kid was missing and i checked my Nug's and it didnt exist, also Nug's walking under the earth, may have glitched from the fishing pier i dont know.

To answer the missing kid problem, nugget children don't show up on the pop list.

Wow thanks for all that. It legitimately means a lot to read the positive feedback. Even though the negative criticism is motivating to fix things, reading how much people enjoy the game (especially with as many details as you included) really means a lot and helps keep us going.

well i like to make sure work is appreciated where due, i've noticed to next to little bugs and usually comment on them where i see it.

and the game is vastly shaping up to be a game i can sink a day+ into.

so again thankyou guys for actively trying to make the game something we can all be proud of, developers and fans alike.

On 10/7/2018 at 3:19 PM, Wozzup1223 said:

To answer the missing kid problem, nugget children don't show up on the pop list.

also thank you for that.. more reason to ignore this quest haha they can hate me if they wish.

I got to say, this is definitely the smoothest patch yet. I've only had 1 bug, and it was a UI bug so nothing major. Also was the longest single playthrough, of 6 hours. I wish, however, like black and white, I could try to eradicate or convert renegade villages without using god powers, just sending the citizens to either preach to them, or just genocide them.

On 10/8/2018 at 10:42 AM, Magecoerlin said:

Wow thanks for all that. It legitimately means a lot to read the positive feedback. Even though the negative criticism is motivating to fix things, reading how much people enjoy the game (especially with as many details as you included) really means a lot and helps keep us going.

I second the positive critique.  You guys have developed a really special game and I am sure many users will like the fusion of a town management with the Black and White feel you're giving it.  You know you have a good thing if the only thing I wish you guys would do is turn out updates faster :)

I totally agree with the point that the game really wonderful and it is hard to have this.