GabbyPatches

Nuggets not upgrading buildings

V 26.19695

Scale of breaking 3-4, it starts out inconvenient then just snowballs out of control.

I seem to be hitting the same issue every time I reach the end of the stone age when buildings start requiring refined stone and wood. I've built several refineries and warehouses to store all the resources that the buildings need to exist, but my Nuggets just won't construct the buildings or upgrade existing ones that need anything more advanced than stone or wood. I'm sitting on a bunch of iron and refined goods, have plenty of educated Nuggets, have a courier's hut built and staffed, and my civilization is about to crumble again because buildings are starting to require power and no matter how many times I click prioritize, they just leave the advanced buildings and power plants as foundations on the ground.

Am I doing something wrong or have I encountered a bug involving refined stone, wood and iron?

I see the same behavior in my games. My water pumps required refined materials, but nuggets spent them to upgrade their housings. Other buildings finished and now needed more water. The Nuggets got sad due to unfunctional buildings and eventually died. My population melted from healthy 90+ down to the mid-40s and never recovered - because over the time they also developed the need for electricity.

I think Nuggets decision trees are not well balanced right now. Nuggets die, and their Huts become free, and yet still other Nuggets use refined materials to upgrade their housing and ignore essential buildings which need the refined materials more urgently.

You have to get in mind when the architecture esearch is done that they are upgrading all the houses at the same time.

If you have already tried to upgrade 2 or 3 buildings at the same time, you might have noticed it's a mess. Imagine when there is 10+ huts.

That's why i try to have no other buildings upgrading at the same time as architecture is being researched, but also i try to stock up as many tier 2 ressources as i can (planks, bricks, iron).

It was my try to overcome the 100 population.

When I progress more slowly in the research tree (spend more time on researching upgrades for existing buildings), then my nuggets always start very early demanding electricity and eventually die sad, thirsty or hungry - if not then Wolf packs kill them. Rushing to Windmills didn't do what I expected.