Suggestion v1.1 (Autonomy and Interaction) Debate Open

Since a lot of users want more Nugget Autonomy I think the Developers (overgods) might have a problem actually meeting this demand. I mean, I can totally understand not forcing Nuggets into hard labor may be a problem, but still, we need solutions and not just ideas.

So after performing a sweep of surviving Nuggets (some may notice in my other posts that Nuggets had an epiphany in my village and decided to ditch me into afterlife) I decided to part in the debate and throw a few ideas that actually might work.

If Nuggets are to have complete autonomy then interaction with them, or influencing them, needs to be re-worked.

I made a suggestion in one of the other posts that there should be a sage that would deal with research, but after some deliberation with my inner creator, I think that wouldn't be entirely solving the issue of player "poking" at research direction.

If Nuggets are to have full Autonomy, the player can only prod them into a correct direction but everything else is to be researched on it's own.

For example, I don't see a point in researching buildings like Farms, Stone Mines, as those need to be DISCOVERED.

I think the Discovery system would benefit the game more than RESEARCH because Nuggets would be able to randomly discover to fish, farm and cure injuries. The player on the other hand needs to create opportunities for said Discoveries. 

For example a Nugget is traversing the  woods and encounters a small wild animal, if the player is observing this then they can "prod" the Nugget to attempt to capture the animal, if the Nugget has enough Might or Skill then they will succeed and discover HUNTING.

The Discover system might bring much more fun and a lot more complex and enjoyable gameplay because the Players will feel bored if they don't interact with Nuggets.

Making the game RTS and making the player decide what is built where is pointless in a game where the player should be a creator and influence the Nuggets.

Discovering more complex materials will automatically call for building a place to process them and instead of making 2 or 3 buildings they could build a single one that processes them in less safe environment, and after they discover that it should be safer to work then they implement changes on their own.

Interacting with Nuggets on a much different level is more interesting in my opinion.

Pinwheel-Cookies-1.jpg

I do agree your ideea sounds real fun, then again it will be tricky, there might be people who think that would make you just a bystander, that doesn;t have much to do in the game, but that could be prevented if your idea is implemented corectly, and you (as a god) would play the game to influence the nuggets in the direction you want, say for example, a nugget comes up with the idea to implement the coal power plant, and you as a god don't want that to happen, cuz you want your planet to remain green, so you either kill this nugget, or give him a vision of the future, then he comes up with the idea of solar/wind power plant (or you could have a god power "madness" and you could make him go mad:emoticon-00116-evilgrin:). There are a lot of fun things to do also as a bystander. I like the game as it is now, with the ideea that once you get your mayor, things will go smothely, and the micromanagement would go away. 

But I do think that the mayor is too far in the game for the micro to go away. I'd rather place a tribe chief, that you'd have to watch closely, and teach him the art of managing a tribe, art that he would pass on to his kid (if you take your eyes off of him to help out a nugget with a request, he'd something bad, or he'd come with a real awesome idea), so latter in the game when you build a townhall, you as a god would prevent the minister of coal energy come to life, or the law enforcement to go to radical resorts such as torture or burning witches on the stake. If you go further in the game, and you have a modern planet, you no longer have space on the planet, your godly powers can no longer regenerate the woods and the water of the planet, you give a nugget a vision of a star system that has an inhabitable planet, that nugget comes up with the idea to colonize and builds up a company for that and starts a series of research that would lead to interplanetary colonisation, and you'd have study the planet, so you don't send your nuggets to theyr doom.

And now the idea of exile villages cam into mind, wich would give you another problem (you can realy exclude the micromanagemnt from this game), and this village would evolve faster/slower than your own, you could help each other, or anihilate each other, you could have world wars, or world treaties, and then they could go to other planets before/after you, you could steal the tech from them, or they could do it if you have it before them, or you could help them out with the tech, then you would have planet treatyes, and there is also the aliens. 

Point is, this game has such a huge potential! Anyways it turns out, I'll stick with it and I'll enjoy it all the way to the end of development. I'm realy curios how it will turn out.

It's precisely what I had in mind, the INFLUENCE and DISCOVERIES systems are complex and not just "lets wait a year and see what happens".

No, the player has much more work to do, quests, or requests popping up as prayers from followers which would lead to the Creator to eventually employ a church to handle the minor stuff while they deal with the big things, the game would eventually lead to Nuggets exploring the universe and that is one of the turning points in the game, the player basically has a very limited time to control the direction in which the Nuggets evolve, and when they do go into space, the player should go with them, which leaves the Church and the doctrines to deal with the Mother World Nuggets.

Initially a player would think, oh so I only do this and that when they come to me, but in reality, the player needs followers and the more followers the more prayers and problems to deal with and the need to direct the discoveries route.

This is what I meant by COMPLEX, this would complicate the game quite considerably, not having direct control over the course of the evolution but only prodding the nuggets in a direction we want them to follow, will they become carnivorous berserkers in the universe or will they become peaceful is all up to us to decide, and it's literally not a simple matter.

Every discovery, every decision and every autonomous construct made by Nuggets will decide where they go.

Alternatively we can let them do whatever they please and see how that end up, however if the player loses all followers they will die out because no god can live without believers.

This is what I really loved about Black & White games, those were truly masterpieces And I wish this game a similar or even grander success.

The less we interact with Nuggets directly and more indirectly the more interesting this becomes.

Everything in the game regarding balance seems fine to me right now.  Already it's a challenge to get people to believe.  You can increase your interaction by abstaining from building.  Without buildings they need to rely on your more. Don't build too many hospitals, engineers, and businesses.

9 minutes ago, Picard777 said:

Everything in the game regarding balance seems fine to me right now.  Already it's a challenge to get people to believe.  You can increase your interaction by abstaining from building.  Without buildings they need to rely on your more. Don't build too many hospitals, engineers, and businesses.

I tried that, was stuck with 7 worshipers.

I seem to generate more when I am busy building stuff.

If casting spells was all it took to get believers I would have a 100 of em.

We need a fix on saving games cuz this is broken, I was last able to make 3 saves total in a single new game.