Sign in to follow this  
SimGuy2020

Seems To be Working - Reservoir to Buildings To Operate in Winter Not Working - v26.19695

Severity

Update: User Error Maybe.

I'm Stuck in the Winter Mode with no Water! Please Advise or Help Me!

2hXB2pl.png

3tRwOnB.png

I try different saves and reload nothing...

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/amgck9jwrk4f8nq/Sep03-18World02AT01a.zip?dl=0

And I guess I forgot about the thread....

Sep03-18World02AT01a.zip

if a season is stuck, you have to use the god power to "warp" to another season, it should cost only 60 power to go to the next one and it should fix that

I had the same issue.....my civilzation is basically living in the desert because no water in winter time...I have 10 water reservoirs in the desert since water wont freeze, so my people can have water....very annoying....my pop is at 110, and have 4 stone and wood refineries and 3 iron mines.....they use crap loads of water.....if i didnt have the water reservoirs no one can work...

Yeah if you put them in the mountains, you have no water in the winter

They changed how the pumps work in V26

In V25 pumps operated no matter what temp it was. So in the winter you had water IF you had enough pumps

Now it's working thanks to fokes thanks! My nuggets live threw there first winter with Water so placing them in the desert dose help!! Have to place farms now for food next winter LOL!

6Dq3PC5.png

Ok have to re-post this in a new post,

Everything seems to be working! And I am keeping it Balance as well with Water and Food.

This game has a very deep Learning Curve it blows me away every time!

eFLgEgb.png

Yeah everything is working as intended here. We think it would be confusing to have the number of frozen water be combined with the usable water, as it's possible to have frozen reservoirs in the mountains, whereas an unfrozen one in the grasslands or desert has usable water. So any water that is frozen is simply not displayed there.

When placing reservoirs, make sure you pay attention to what areas are cold and hot, so you know how the reservoir will be affected by the temperature. Best way is by using the mouse to just see what the temp is, or by watching where the snow accumulates first.

1 hour ago, Magecoerlin said:

Yeah everything is working as intended here. We think it would be confusing to have the number of frozen water be combined with the usable water, as it's possible to have frozen reservoirs in the mountains, whereas an unfrozen one in the grasslands or desert has usable water. So any water that is frozen is simply not displayed there.

When placing reservoirs, make sure you pay attention to what areas are cold and hot, so you know how the reservoir will be affected by the temperature. Best way is by using the mouse to just see what the temp is, or by watching where the snow accumulates first.

TBH V25 made better sense

in real life, pumps RARELY freeze because moving water is very hard to freeze

in real life water storage freezes very easily because water is not moving

So it made sense to freeze the reservoirs in winter but keep the pumps going

what you all COULD do is:

1) revert to the way V25 did it

2) THEN have technology to insulate reservoirs

OR

Freeze BOTH.. then have tech later on to insulate both so they dont freeze :)

Sign in to follow this