SnorlaxRae

Only You Can Prevent Deforestation

While I have heard that a god power to grow trees may be in the works, it's not going to solve the bigger problem. Without natural regrowth, a population can and will devastate the forests of an entire planet well before 'space age' play. Talk about global warming!

Aside from natural regrowth, I think that by the time Nuggets have figured out how to refine lumber or deforest quicker, they'd understand sustainable forestry and replant trees themselves. You see this ability as the standard in Anno1404 (Dawn of Discovery) and while the regrowth rate would be massively overpowered here, I think the idea is sound.

if you look later in the tech tree already in the game.. there is an option for reforestation already in the works... its just simply not in the game yet.

This is one thing that Settlers (sure, they only have one age) does right.

The things you start building is: Woodcutter (2x) and a Forrester.

I can imagine that this isn't figured out right away. But at about the time that you can build a farm one should be able to replant trees.

apparently in universim it will be a late game technology to replant trees... but thats why you will have god powers to replant trees... i mean why would nuggets learn to plant trees when they have a god to do it for them.

Neither the tech or the god power is available now though, so bye bye trees. :c So much for choosing Wind Power to save the planet.

your just not believing hard enough you gotta believe you can plant the trees ;D