Peter Corless

Cannot figure out how to pick up anything

I have no idea how to pick up anything in the game.

I can use the middle mouse button to bring up the god powers menu, but then what?

I can't left-click, right-click, hold down control, or anything to move anything.

It's very frustrating, especially as it happens so early in the game.

What do you need to do, specifically -- each mouse click, button-press, etc. -- to move a rock?

It shouldn't be this difficult.

Ctrl + Click. Keep it for a few seconds.

I did. And that didn't work.

Like beralath said, the process for picking things up is hold L ctrl. This should cause a small light to appear around your cursor that will reflect on objects. Clicking and holding on an object will then have circle appear that will fill up. Once it's filled up, the object is grabbed. You can then drop it by clicking again, or launch it by holding and releasing. This will work on nuggets, animals, trees, and rocks.

I agree with Peter.

I have at some points been able to pick up trees and one time I was able to pick up a stone, but over all telekinesis and spells doesn´t function. I do as the information squeres tells me to but still it dosn´t work. Not being able to pick things up, nor do spells really makes the game un playable.

Hmmm, that's very worrying to hear. Can both of you possibly record yourselves trying to pick things up? This could potentially be a big problem that I want to resolve ASAP.

I downloaded a screen recorder and made a video but turns out the video is to large to be uploaded here. The video is 99MB and 2 minutes, 6 seconds. Could I send it through an other media that accepts the size of the video?

Upload it somewhere and link either in this thread, or you can DM me the link if you would prefer.

In the movie I hold control and klick with the mouse but I have tried all possible combinations I could think of.

when the mouse goes in the middle of the screen, for me, it is when I right click. When you engage the "free camera mode", your pointer goes in the middle. Didn't you change your key controls ? Maybe check if Left-Ctrl is not set for the free camera.

(because I guess you Left-Ctrl and Left-Click, right ?)

I agree with Beralath's assessment. It appears that clicking is reseting your mouse to the center of the screen, which it should not be doing. Only right clicking should do that, whereas for god powers you use left click. Let us know if it's a difference in your settings. If it's not, would you mind reinstalling and letting us know what happens?

Hi again!

The problem is resolved,  I started to be able to preform god-acts and so on. I didn´t really do any changes, it just started to work. I am starting to think the problem is my computer rather then the game, maybe its to old and its capacity to small. Every time I log in there is something that doesn´t seem to work and sometimes I can´t interact with anything at all.

Thank you for the help

Tora

I had trouble picking up rocks; the nuggets could mine it, but I couldnt pick it up....

This might seem like an obvious statement, but make sure that the game isn't paused when you're tyring to do these actions. Sometimes it is not obvious that the game is paused, and you can't really interact with the world at all while paused (this includes using telekinesis, as far as I'm aware).