Sign in to follow this  
gsuffolk

UI question

I've been searching everywhere but cant find out what the bar under the directional arrow is for on the top UI panel.

Starts off green empties and fills up with red.

Its bugging the hell out of me.

Would you mind showing a screenshot?

Its orange now

Capture.JPG

I think that's how long the season is for or until maybe the wind changes, I myself don't know 100%

Mystery meat navigation, anyone?

I thought the green arrow was wind related, but your post now has me wondering if it's a directional indicator (which is useful how exactly? the planet has no poles or sense of up and down).

The curved bar underneath is a complete mystery. Changes color, changes how full it is.

I have similar questions for other always-on-screen UI elements.

What is the number in the big circle on the upper left?

And the food bar has two numbers, not sure what either one means, or what the color coding is meant to mean. At least the water usage bar has tool tips to indicate what each number is.

water_usage.jpg

upper_left.jpg

4 hours ago, gsuffolk said:

I've been searching everywhere but cant find out what the bar under the directional arrow is for on the top UI panel.

Starts off green empties and fills up with red.

Its bugging the hell out of me.

This is a wind direction and wind force 

Ahh thankyou that makes sense now, great game btw I got it as soon as it became available on Steam

22 minutes ago, julyfortoday said:

I thought the green arrow was wind related, but your post now has me wondering if it's a directional indicator (which is useful how exactly? the planet has no poles or sense of up and down).

The curved bar underneath is a complete mystery. Changes color, changes how full it is.

And the food bar has two numbers, not sure what either one means, or what the color coding is meant to mean. At least the water usage bar has tool tips to indicate what each number is.

water_usage.jpg

upper_left.jpg

the big circle one is your creator points, you use them up when you use creator powers. not sure on the food one myself. One will be incoming the other outgoing but which way round it is I've no idea

I thought the creator points were next to that icon on the right of that image? There seems to be different types of creator points for different creator powers. So are you saying that 36 is a pool of all the creator points I had? Ugh...

Just so many annoying things in this game right now. Death by a thousand cuts.

Haha yep I've just started playing so still a big learning curve for me, the points on the right are how many believers you have so how quickly your pool refills

Well, I wasn't referring to the second circle (the one with the purple paw) That one actually had a tool tip saying it was how many believers you have. It's not in the picture (was cropped out) but on the right of that circle (with the purple paw) is the icon for the selected creator power (telekinesis (three arrows) here) and on the right of that is a little black field that has a number in it, which I thought was for creator points. But the number changes when you select different creator powers, leading me to believe there are different 'types' of creator points. Or maybe it indicates how much it costs to use? Not sure. But the number will turn red if you run out.

It would make sense if it was cost. Just annoying that it took several forum posts to even come to that realization. I really hope they clean up this game's UX issues.

Yes its the cost, took me a while to work out too. We need more tool tips at least

4 hours ago, julyfortoday said:

water_usage.jpg

upper_left.jpg

On the food bar, the white number is the amount of raw food, and the green number is the amount of cooked/prepared food in your eateries. So the above screenie shows 13 raw food, and no 'meals' (cooked/prepared food).

But there is no number that indicated how much food is need or being consumed? Thanks for the info though, Never knew that's what it would mean. @KittHaven

Just now, ChillSnap said:

But there is no number that indicated how much food is need or being consumed?

Nuggets eat whenever they want, so having a number for how much food is needed wouldn't really make sense. They usually eat about 1 or 2 pieces of food a day, I've found (they are idiots and wait until their hunger is really low before actually going and eating lol). When you have a population of around 50/60 you ideally should have a hunters hut, 3 or 4 farms, and maybe 2 fishing piers. This is the amount I've found generates enough food to sustain them and have leftovers! Also Eateries provide Nuggets with better meals and so they eat less. So it's ideal to have at least 1 Eatery for every 10/20 Nuggets. It is a lot, but when you unlock the Town Hall they should start building food production buildings by themselves depending on their need. I haven't got to the Middle Age yet but that's what's supposed to happen XD Of course play style changes from person to person so it's all about finding what works for you and your civilisation