Simthy

Black screen when launching from Steam

Hello, Love the game, played it for about half an hour before work and throughly enjoyed it. I returned home from work to boot it up and unfortunately came across a full black screen glitch. 

It will open and launch and say I'm playing the game on steam AND I will hear the game music and audio but for some reason its just a full on black screen. 

I've tried reinstalling the game on screen, restarting steam itself, turning off steam overlay, etc. But no luck. I'd love to play the game and test it out as much as I can but with this black screen I'm completely unable to play. If theres a fix that anyone has found or if I haven't found or read a fix I'm sorry if a hotfix is coming I'll greatly appreciate it. 

Specs 

Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6

IMac 27 inch

2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB

Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Hey Simthy, thanks for letting us know. Can you just confirm again this is still happening? We had some major issues yesterday where people couldn't start the game, but those should be fixed. If you are still experiencing this, could you try and click around on the left side of screen where the buttons should be and let us know what happens?

This is happening somewhat for me and a few other people on linux. After the Aug 28th update, the game boots and shows a disclaimer with a click-to-continue. The splash screen for the company is completely black but you can hear the music. The main menu works and looks fine, but when you click Start New Game it crashes to desktop after a few moments.

I dumped my player log below. The libraries referenced are not present in the directory. Steam validates and detects no missing files.

Player.log

Il y a 17 heures, dissonance a dit :

This is happening somewhat for me and a few other people on linux. After the Aug 28th update, the game boots and shows a disclaimer with a click-to-continue. The splash screen for the company is completely black but you can hear the music. The main menu works and looks fine, but when you click Start New Game it crashes to desktop after a few moments.

I dumped my player log below. The libraries referenced are not present in the directory. Steam validates and detects no missing files.

Player.log

I have the same exact bug, black spalsh screen with musics, and the crash on launch of a new game.

Kubutun 18.04, 16 Go RAM, GTX980Ti, Intel i7 4th Gen.

Player.log

@dissonance and @Haeffound and anyone else who comes here with our linux problem

I have created a seperate post for this, as the behaviour (and the OS) is a little different to this one.

On 8/29/2018 at 5:16 PM, Magecoerlin said:

Hey Simthy, thanks for letting us know. Can you just confirm again this is still happening? We had some major issues yesterday where people couldn't start the game, but those should be fixed. If you are still experiencing this, could you try and click around on the left side of screen where the buttons should be and let us know what happens?

I apologize for the super late reply to this post but School began and I didn't have much time to use the computer while I was gone. 

This problem is still happening on my main computer as of 9/4/18 

I click the left side where the buttons are and nothing happens cause I can not see anything. 

The steam overlay does work though. 

I'm not sure if my launching is just bugged or this is happening for anyone else, but I can't even see or get to the main menu. 

(edit)

I have noticed that you can click on the main menu and after clicking a few times on the left I have accidentally started a new game somehow, So the game is running and everything for some reason I just have a complete black screen.