seyer51

Universim GoG version

Hello glad you achieved some milestone with that steam realease ... but you told in the past that there could be a GoG version and I backed mostly for this one.

So can we know some more about that please ?

Thank you

Thank you but it's not exactly what was the purpose of my question. I know that there will be a "final" version on GoG, as I wrote I backed the Universim for that on year 2017.

Where is the current "alpha release steam like but drm free" version for GoG ? No "key" to add my purchase in my GoG account ?

That is the question ... (yes it's a redundant one)

Yes I have the exact same question : How can we have a GoG key if we already have backed for the game 1 years ago ?

And yes the admin answer right above his out of topic.

Spoiler

Hello Dear Backers, 

Today we have some exciting news for you. 

A lot of you have been asking us if you will be able to choose a GOG key instead of the Steam key. We have a great relationship with the GOG Team and we are happy to announce that all Kickstarter backers will get the Steam/Crytivo and GOG keys.

On August 28th, 2018 we are releasing The Universim on Steam, GOG and Humble.

You can Play Now and enjoy the game from the Crytivo Store (www.crytivo.com), add the Game Key to your Steam account and use the GOG key (when available*) to download the promised DRM-free version of The Universim.

Please contact our Support Team (support@crytivo.com) if you have more questions.

And saving the best for last...

The Crytivo Store (www.crytivo.com) is having a Store Wide sale with discounts on selected games. Save even more on the games you like using your VIP discount** and Crytivo Coins.

And don't forget to tell all your friends about the upcoming Early Access Launch. Here is a link to our Steam page so they can add it to their Wishlist.
The Universim on Steam

(* GOG Selection only available for Kickstarter Backers)
(** Crytivo Published Games Only)

Update 105 for Kickstarter Backers Only from May, 25th, 2018

OK thank you for this reply Cro-Magnon Man Kerby84.

So lets make simple :

GoG DRM-free version is only for Kickstarter "WEBSITE CAMPAIGN" Backers and never will be available for others ?

Even if we bought the game on theuniversim.com, before crytivo.com (store) even exists ?

Edited by seyer51
misreading a nickname

No Problem Proto Cell seyer51 ;-) But I simply can't answer the question correctly so I copy pasted an official news. It's a Crytivo decision. You can ask Neanderthal @Magecoerlin or better the CEO @Alex Koshelkov himself. They should know the true answer. Or @Sasha

But I guess regarding to the news the Kickstarter backers have recieved in May... Your conclusion could be right. But Kickstarter backers have not yet received gog keys, too. Maybe it's a bonus for those who suffered from the beginning in 2014 only and made the game development possible at all. Or site backers and Crytivo backers are eligible for this bonus depending on the site tier they have chosen. I don't know. 

And @Magecoerlin really professional. :P

Ah, my apologies I misunderstood. If you've already backed the game off the Crytivo store, there should be the key attached to your Crytivo account. If not, your best avenue is emailing support@crytivo.com. Chad handles support issues like this and can answer your question the best, as well as make sure you get your key. Sorry for the misunderstanding; I was still a bit fried from launch on Wednesday :)

3 minutes ago, Magecoerlin said:

Ah, my apologies I misunderstood. If you've already backed the game off the Crytivo store, there should be the key attached to your Crytivo account. If not, your best avenue is emailing support@crytivo.com. Chad handles support issues like this and can answer your question the best, as well as make sure you get your key. Sorry for the misunderstanding; I was still a bit fried from launch on Wednesday :)

At least to check the answer with my account... I can say no. In my Crytivo Account is only a Steam Key. And the Steam Key does not work for gog of course. As far as I understood it. They backed the game from the Crytivo Store or the site before the store launched.

2 minutes ago, Kerby84 said:

At least to check the answer with my account... I can say no. In my Crytivo Account is only a Steam Key. And the Steam Key does not work for gog of course. As far as I understood it. They backed the game from the Crytivo Store or the site before the store launched.

Since GOG key is not that common and only few people asked for it, the easiest and the fastest way to get GOG key is to send a message to support@crytivo.com and you will receive a GOG key shortly. Unfortunately with GOG key cases we have to work with each case individually. 

Thank you all for these replies and I think it is clear for me right now.

I will send an email to support@crytivo.com and asked for the GoG key.

@Sasha What should I specify in this e-mail ?

@Kerby84 sorry I missread your nickname ;p and edited my previous post.

Again thank you for the fast and reliable answers.

3 minutes ago, seyer51 said:

Thank you all for these replies and I think it is clear for me right now.

I will send an email to support@crytivo.com and asked for the GoG key.

@Sasha What should I specify in this e-mail ?

@Kerby84 sorry I missread your nickname ;p and edited my previous post.

Again thank you for the fast and reliable answers.

You can just mention that you are an early backer and you would like to receive a GOG key. Please also include your email that you used for the kickstarter / crytivo store. This way we can ensure that we provide a key to the correct person. Thank you a lot for your understanding :) 

Hello All,

I have locked this because there is a lot of misinformation about the GoG keys and what is going on with them. Let me clear that up.

Yes, The Universim is on GoG... No, we don't have anything ready to get one to you through the Crytivo Store. A notification will be made when we can do that... however...

As @Kerby84 pointed out, the announcement that was posted on the Kickstarter page, those GoG keys are for the original Kickstarter supporters.

Now for TheUniversim.com accounts. We honestly have not discussed what we will do about GOG keys for that group. I will talk with AlexK to determine best course of action to acknowledge your long standing support for The Universim. Can't promise anything, but I got your back and will do what I can to make sure you feel some love.

And finally, those who purchased through the Crytivo Store. We will take those on a case by case basis.

Edit: For future purchases, when GoG is available, you will be able to choose that as a key option... I forgot to mention that... oops

So please understand that right now, we are not able to send out GoG keys or make them available as a choice on the Crytivo Store. We have updates to the store coming up, just not an ETA yet. So please hold off on emailing Support until we have the GoG keys ready as an option.

Thanks for understanding... and thanks for being such an awesome group of supporters!

Edited by Bolerro