Sign in to follow this  
TallBear

V26 BUG: Can not save game and autosave issues [RESOLVED]

I have about 80 nuggets and auto and manual save wont work.. it just sits there at Saving.....

esc clears the window, but the game is not saved. Deleting the archive and rebuilding doesn't help. The save feature worked earlier but then just stopped. I even let it sit at "saving..." for 15 mins and nothing.

Suggestion: GET RID  this archive/save feature and just let the player save and auto save from the main menu...

EDIT: I have confirmed autosave is the problem. After so many autosaves, the game just stops. Making  a new building does not fix this. You must shut the game down and reload your save. Turning of auto save prevents this problem

EDIT: This still happens with autosave turned off, it just takes a lot longer to happen

EDIT: APPEARS FIXED WITH THE HOTFIX

US1.jpg

Same issue here.

From my point of view I wish devs of so many games would stop trying quirky save mechanics, they are just a pain. Just let us save when we want in an esc menu, keep it simple.

Edit:

The game seems to lock up now a little whenever opening the ui for the Archive.

I complained about that in V0.0.25.. the save building isn't using any kind of background thread.. nor is the auto save... so even when it auto saves the game freezes and the UI vanishes for a few seconds (probably because it takes a screenshot).

I'm sure they will clean this up.. but IMO, the screenshot isn't needed.. and the building isn't needed. Getting rid of both would make it go much more smooth

This building has had problems for a long long time now LOL

I see your screen has an autosave. Mine has none, the autosave never worked.

Did you leave your autosave interval at the default 35 min? I changed mine to 15 right off the bat, so maybe changing the interval riggers it. Sounds like something that could easily slip through an internal test. I find it hard to believe they would miss it otherwise.

I changed it to 15 mins.. but it was working fine at 15mins... it stopped after 3 hrs of play

UGH!!! I restarted a new game and saving broke with in 30 minutes.....

Turning off autosave seems to fix this. I turned it off and so far 4 hrs and I can still save. I'll keep playing and see if I can stil save around around 6 or 8

same thing happened to me since pre-steam release. The autosave-off thing seem to only occasionally work for me.

even after disabling auto save, this bug hit after 5 hrs of play and I had to exit to windows and load an old save

Here's an update that might help the developers fix this issue.

I have been complaining about this before, see the link below from one of the other treads.

I've started over again for the 4th time now because the previous 3 times this bug happened and I cannot progress anymore.
My last time was when a tornado hit my village and killed like 9 nuggets, its at this point the bug kicked in.
Then just now (my 4th time starting over) again a Tornado hit my village. This time I had auto-save set to ZERO but still this bug happened.

To me it SEEMS it's the Tornado causing the bug to happen or maybe because lots of nuggets get killed and I even saw several nuggets got scared. My guess is that it must be one of these events that seem to trigger it.

For you other gamers maybe keep an eye on these events when this bug happens so we can verify what seem to be causing this bug.

It's really frustrating because you can't really progress this way.

Here's the link to the other tread:

EDIT:
My friend had exactly the same thing now. We were on Discord so I know exactly what he was doing before the bug happened.

Guess what.... A tornado struck his village, killed several nuggets. Then I asked him to try to save the game... Nope - it wasn't working..

He also had the auto-save set to zero btw. So no auto-save was on.

PLEASE PEOPLE, look out for this bug and report here if the bug started when a Tornado struck your village.

Ive seen this bug happen when no tornado has yet to appear It sometimes strikes after 9 hrs of play... and sometimes strikes within the first 10 minutes of play. I think it's just random. I havent seen any clear patterns.

it would also be easier to track down if people didn't make a bunch of threads on this issue also lol

Well you can keep progressing. Just exit the game, and load your old save and it will start saving again.. however, you lose the time since the last save which sucks

Saving used to be fine in V25. Then they re did the save code to fix a memory leak issue. That's caused the save feature to be VERY laggy and break. Fixing it may not be a quick/easy fix.

However, so far, I have found a way to completely prevent breaking saves. It's annoying, but possible

1) DELETE ALL YOUR SAVES

2) Make ONE save

3) click the overwrite button on your save

4) Repeat number 3

I did that and played for 12+ hrs w/o an issue. Dunno if it was luck or not.. I'd need others to try this

13 minutes ago, TallBear said:

However, so far, I have found a way to completely prevent breaking saves. It's annoying, but possible

1) DELETE ALL YOUR SAVES

2) Make ONE save

4) Repeat number 3

I did that and played for 12+ hrs w/o an issue. Dunno if it was luck or not.. I'd need others to try this

Do you mean in Windows or in-game?

In game. I had a lot of saves. I just slowly deleted them 1 by 1

I supposed you could delete them in windows as well

20 minutes ago, TallBear said:

1) DELETE ALL YOUR SAVES

2) Make ONE save

4) Repeat number 3

I'll have to try this next game. I played for about 6 hours last night and I didn't build the archive until about an hour before I actually tried to save. I was a dummy and didn't realize how to turn off the the autosave feature but I also didn't have anyone employed in the building so it didn't actually make a save. Unfortunately I still had the issue of it being stuck at the "saving game" window for over 10min.

25 minutes ago, TallBear said:

1) DELETE ALL YOUR SAVES

2) Make ONE save

4) Repeat number 3

I can confirm this doesn't work.

I had 1 save-game. Overwrited and still the saving in progress box hangs.
See the screenshot attached

screenshot.jpg

Damn. I was hoping that would help.

Why am I hardly getting it with it?

there has to be a common thread

Well I made a tornado and slaughtered people..

Here's what I did

I saved

Made a tornado.. let it kill a bunch of nuggets

tried to save... SAVE FAIL

exit game

Reload save

repeat above

9 out of 10 repeats, mass deaths cause the save to fail

I then reloaded and manually killed 50 nuggets.. this also caused the save to fail

the save i tried to make was "test" You will see a tornado save in the output file, but that was from before I made the tornado and started killing nuggets

@Magecoerlin

output_log.txt

Should be fixed with the hot fix. The Hot fix is coming out in ~30-1hour

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, TallBear said:

https://steamdb.info/app/352720/history/

steam shows changes, but nothing downloads

@Sasha

image.png Not ready yet :(

Damn that steam not being  ready!!! haahah

@Sashais the hot fix just for the save issue? or does it fix anything else?

7 minutes ago, TallBear said:

Damn that steam not being  ready!!! haahah

@Sashais the hot fix just for the save issue? or does it fix anything else?

• Tornado NRE's (Null Reference Exceptions) fixed

• Fixed NRE's with the Fishing Hut

• Fixed multiple save & load issues

• Fixed an issue with save & load during a tornado

• Fixed the “Fly To” message not disappearing

• Crops:

- Fixed Healthy Malina

• Crop balance tweaks:

- Crop Timer adjusted on certain crops
- Happiness decrease also adjusted

• Archive save & load

- The autosave timer has been limited in order to solve some of the issues with autosaves. You can still press F7 to autosave (quicksave) at any time.

• Added a message to the intro scene on how to skip the intro

• Shortened the number values for water & electricity.

• Fixed an issue with the Kinetic Generator’s UI slider being displayed incorrectly

• Removed a non-existent language from the database (fix for “missing translation” issue)

• Added a number of new tips to the game

• Fixed multiple sound issues (further testing will be performed to ensure sound issues are resolved)

F7 to instantly save! woohoo :)

happiness adjusted! :)

@Sasha an experimental branch with a password? heheh

Sign in to follow this