Elliander

Question about mods and forum access

Hi, I want to purchase "Forest Village" from your store, rather than Steam's store, but having watched people play I realize that the fog effects pretty much require mods to not go blind, but I can't download mods for a game I own unless I bought it through steam. Additionally, there seems to be major bugs with buildings becoming inaccessible and roads being unable to be demolished which I'd likely need forum access for, but I don't see a forum for that game here and - again - I can't access game forums on steam unless I own the steam version.

So, well, if I buy from here, will I have access to those features on Steam?

Similarly, I purchased "The Universsim" and was able to download and play it from here, but will I be forever locked out of mods unless I pay for the same game twice? I actually prefer to purchase games from stores other than steam. I feel like they have a bit of a monopoly, and I really don't like the way the lock access to mods and forums.

At this time, if you plan on using mods, you will want to choose the Steam key. Unfortunately the Crytivo download doesn’t handle mods very well. I believe this has been brought up with the game developers, however we haven’t heard about any changes to the way mods are handled.

So for now, you will want to choose the Steam key for Life is Feudal when wanting to use mods.

That's weird. You guys could at least have it setup to mirror the mods on Steam. Well, what does that mean for the game I already purchased? There wasn't a steam key option for that.

and, speaking of which, how will I know when updates are available? because I've read news about improvements to the tech tree, but whenever I run the game it says it's up to date and I've hit the limit of the tech tree so can't really do anything anymore in the game as it is now.