LionKingGamer

Question for Steam Release

How much will Universim cost on the day of the steam release. Thanks 

Base on research the price could be around, $25 to high price of $45 dollars.?:) I don't speak for the developers I'm just a kickstarter helper.

Alright Thanks

They have said no more then 30$ (on steam forum I think) Probably looking at 25$ (its not worth more)

and the EA price should be less. Max 15$ 

Will we have to buy it again on Steam in order to have access to mods in and when those come out? I actually prefer launching from anywhere other than Steam, but I do like mods and they lock them down to only those who bought it through Steam. 

On 30.7.2018 at 12:39 PM, Izar_Morghuliz said:

They have said no more then 30$ (on steam forum I think) Probably looking at 25$ (its not worth more)

and the EA price should be less. Max 15$ 

Good Joke for the EA price ;-)  

12 hours ago, Elliander said:

Will we have to buy it again on Steam in order to have access to mods in and when those come out? I actually prefer launching from anywhere other than Steam, but I do like mods and they lock them down to only those who bought it through Steam. 

Once bought, the game is yours. So if any mods are released for the game you'll have access through Steam.

2 hours ago, KittHaven said:

Once bought, the game is yours. So if any mods are released for the game you'll have access through Steam.

Tell that to Steam. I own games, that I did not purchase through Steam, and I cannot access the mods. It's not that I can't use the mods, it's that in order to download the mods to begin with I have to click "subscribe" on the webpage, and then open the Steam client, where the mods will only download if I am logged in with an account that has purchased it through their store. Likewise, we can't access the forums for games we didn't buy through Steam, so if I bought "Forest Village" through Crytivo and didn't request the Steam version I wouldn't have access to any mods or forums, since that game doesn't have a forum here.

As the creator of the game, it would be EASY for Crytivo to mirror the mods page on Steam. Really, anyone with Steam keys can download and share them. That would make more sense to me than giving the steam keys, which could instead be used to share the game with friends. Regardless, since a Steam version wasn't available when I purchased this game, they'll need to figure something out. 

Personally, I'd prefer to see Crytivo actively compete against Steam with their own client, their own mods, etc. as a reasonable and viable alternative where you don't have to buy everything through steam. I like seeing healthy marketplace competition. 

21 hours ago, Kerby84 said:

Good Joke for the EA price ;-)  

Its how it should be mr sellout. :)

1 hour ago, Izar_Morghuliz said:

Its how it should be mr sellout. :)

How things should be in an ideal Universe and how they are in reality is a different topic. You have to pay your bills as well as any other person. We're living in a capitalist society. Everything costs money. Also the devs have to pay their bills. 15$ is an unrealistic EA price for a game whith this "promised" scale. Stardew Valley costs around 15$ which is okay for this type of game. EA is always a risk for the buyer. But a sellout for such a tiny price... Keep things real here. If you want a refined game, they need an steady income. They have been made huge development mistakes which consumed time and resources... But they have been changed many things for the better or at least promised it. 

Granted, I'm going to judge them on the progress they made since the last patch which is a long time ago. It's fair and everyone can make his own decision on buying or not buying a game. But 15$ is unrealistic in any way if they want to develop the game to it's final state.

The price will be around 30$ and € which is sadly "the same" for Steam most of the time but there's a difference in reality. This is a fair price for new customers. I personally do not care because I supported the game way earlyer to make it happen.

So as conclusion: People unsure about buying or not for a fair price can wait for reviews and make a decision based on the released development state of the game today. 

12 hours ago, Elliander said:

Personally, I'd prefer to see Crytivo actively compete against Steam with their own client, their own mods, etc. as a reasonable and viable alternative where you don't have to buy everything through steam. I like seeing healthy marketplace competition. 

In addition to gog with gog galaxy, origin, uplay and many other shop clients to come from any bigger publisher? the new bethesda shop and launcher? I'm sorry but I disagree. 

As far as i know gog galaxy launcher supports mods now. The Universim is releases on  gog as well. so it's up to the devs or a mod enthusiast to mirror the mods there. but we're talking about mods for an unfinished game. Mod support is far away...

On 8/28/2018 at 3:01 AM, Kerby84 said:

In addition to gog with gog galaxy, origin, uplay and many other shop clients to come from any bigger publisher? the new bethesda shop and launcher? I'm sorry but I disagree. 

GOG isn't reliable. The last time I purchased a title from them, it was heavily modified in ways not disclosed at sale. That was "Creatures" by "Cyberlife". While the base game ran, it wasn't compatible with any of the creatures, genetics, or objects created for the game. You can think of those as like saved games. When I requested a refund for this, they refused to do so because they considered it fully functional. I ended up having to track down a disc copy. It didn't take much to make it compatible with Windows 10 with everything working, well, nothing they couldn't have done at least. So, yeah, I have no respect for them as a company. I will not purchase any game - new or old - from a company that sells half broken releases of old games like that. The one selling point they had though was being DRM free, which GOG galaxy subverts. People who purchase a DRM free title end up with DRM instead, so they've just gotten worse.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/on_gog_galaxy_and_drmfree

Steam, on the other hand, hasn't given me a problem like that, however there were several occasions where a game I backed on Kickstarter ended up choosing to distribute exclusively through Steam back when I couldn't access it on my old computer, and now that I can access Steam on a modern machine I don't have access to any of the games I backed. It was often enough that I stopped supporting game development through Kickstarter entirely to avoid those issues. The last time I bought a disc game it was just a steam download code with a meaningless disc, clearly setup that way to prevent resale or rental. The last time I tried purchasing a game through steam, I hit an issue in their system where I couldn't actually purchase the game because when I tried to use more than one card the second card wouldn't go through because I was apparently making too many purchases. I requested a refund for what I did pay, and got it. For the longest time though my biggest reluctance to use Steam was their inconsistent age rating policy. Excessive hand holding for some people, and free passes for others, though I read that's changing - or will be eventually. 

Origin isn't an online marketplace, rather a client exclusive to EA software, so that's not even worthy of mentioning. It's no different than any other company selling their games on their own when you think about it. Same thing with Ubisoft's uplay and Bethesda's software. There are many many more online stores for either a company's own titles, or in the case of online games titles licensed from the original creator, but not many true online marketplaces that I am aware of.

At present, the only real two viable options seem to be between GOG and Steam, regardless of how I feel about either. I do like the stance Crytivo is making here, but there don't seem to be games from other publishers yet. Still, it's something I'm watching, and if I ever have the time to finish anything that I've been working on in Unreal Engine I might actually look at their system as a producer rather than a consumer. 

On 8/28/2018 at 3:01 AM, Kerby84 said:

As far as i know gog galaxy launcher supports mods now. The Universim is releases on  gog as well. so it's up to the devs or a mod enthusiast to mirror the mods there. but we're talking about mods for an unfinished game. Mod support is far away...

I think mods should be submitted through the devs for distribution in all marketplaces, or through 3rd party independent sites. Having mods only available on one marketplace or another means someone is forces to pay for the same game more than once to have access to all mods and that's unethical. It's never too early to consider such things.

1 hour ago, Elliander said:

*snip* It's never too early to consider such things.

Believe me... It's way too early to talk about mods...