Hello Dear friends,

We’ve been super busy working on new features, balance changes, and a whole host of improvements over the last few months. However, as you know, we always want to hear from you about what you believe we can improve on. This topic was created to get your thoughts on the current state of The Universim. First of all, we would greatly appreciate it if you fill out this survey.

Image result for take the survey button

Here are some of the most important things we want to know:

1. What do you believe is the Number One feature we’re missing right now? How would you imagine this feature to function?

2. What do you like most about The Universim? How can we improve upon it, and what should we avoid changing?

3. How can we increase the replay value of the game for you? We want you to enjoy The Universim for as long as possible, so we’d love to hear your suggestions.

4. Are there any features from your favorite games that you feel could be adapted into The Universim to improve your playing experience?

5. What is your opinion on the current level of micromanagement in the game? Would you like more or less of it? We are trying to minimize micromanagement, but we don’t want The Universim to turn into the world’s most expensive screensaver.

6. Should The Universim be a more challenging experience? We want to make the game accessible and enjoyable for all players, no matter their skill level. Let us know if you want a more relaxing experience or one that will offer a bit more challenge.

7. How would you rate the game in terms of bugs? What are the most annoying issues you have found in the most recent build? Is there anything, in particular, we should focus on?

8. Lastly, what would you like in terms of future rewards? We are always looking to add something extra for everyone who supported The Universim from day one. We are enormously grateful for your help and continued support. At the moment, we are adding everyone’s names to the game in the Rise of Evolution Monument . You’ll be receiving another small survey at www.crytivo.com requesting the correct name you’d like to use. However, another little something is being added to the game just for you. An early support skin is on its way for everyone who purchases the game before August 28. You’re on our VIP list, so expect to receive a whole lot more in the future!

Thank you to everyone who continues to help us address all of the issues with the game’s design, balance, and bugs. Your feedback is essential to making The Universim better every day.

For daily updates and all the news about The Universim, be sure to follow us on Twitter , Facebook , and Reddit . We’d love to see you there.

The Survey is a bit misleading...

1   1-5 is 1 good... is it points... is 5 good? 

2     Pick one... not a good decision.

More Buildings

More God Powers

More Quests/Side Missions

More automatization

Additional Comments:

They're all needed... except for buildings imo. ;) 

I'll take the survey later once you clarified the "value" 1-5 for me...

But for the main part i'd keep the universim not too challenging. It should be a slow paced game. If you have enough time you can introduce a "hard mode" for those who need self-affirmation and a challenge while playing games. :) 

1 hour ago, Kerby84 said:

The Survey is a bit misleading...

1   1-5 is 1 good... is it points... is 5 good? 

More Buildings

More God Powers

More Quests/Side Missions

More automatization

Additional Comments:

They're all needed... except for buildings imo. ;) 

I'll take the survey later once you clarified the "value" 1-5 for me...

But for the main part i'd keep the universim not too challenging. It should be a slow paced game. If you have enough time you can introduce a "hard mode" for those who need self-affirmation and a challenge while playing games. :) 

Thank you for your feedback @Kerby84 We're working on Creator mode improvement and that mode might end up getting more hardcore experience for the player. 

Regarding 1-5: 5 - Excellent, 4 - Good, 3- Meh, 2 - Bad, 1 - Horrible

We want to know what is most important to you. We know that you want them all and doubled, no need survey for that ;)

Thanks for your response Kerby

My issue with Crytivo is resolved. Thanks for the great customer support and the possibility to actually communicate. 

1. A released game. Wich we were promised in late 16' when we backed the game. 

2. I liked the trailer and kickstarter pitch i backed. The game now is more micro than you promised. 

3. Stick to the original pitch. 

4. Well, no. But there are fall pits from other similar games you should avoid. Like spore was brilliant the first two stages. By the time you got to the last stage the game was rubbish. Your civ needs to be able to fend for itself for you to go explore and expand. Make it an research even. 

5. The current level of micromanagement is insane compared to what i was promised when i opened my wallet for this game. The initial pitch was that you were to make choices for your "inhabitants". Now you need to build their buildings and manage where they work. This is not the game i backed. 

6. So, you want to dumb it down for consoles. Good for you. This is easily done by staying true to your pitch from the kickstarter. 

7. Bugs are natural to a developing game. Most annoying issue with the game is that its not done as promised. 

8. Actually, i want a refund. That would be a great reward for me. This game does not resemble the pitch i backed. And i feel i bought a BMW but got an Fiat. You are moving further and further from the pitch you sold the game on and shame on you for this. 

Im sure this post will be deleted. But i will keep posting it until i get my refund. And i will become an active poster. Also, im burning the poster, the t-shirt and the memory stick. 

The buildings are constructed by the AI and thus are built dynamically around the Epicenter, meaning you cannot select where they are built.

The ability to play as a god gives you unparalleled power, but unlike other god-games, you cannot interact directly with your population in the game. However, you can influence their decisions and change the way in which your civilization evolves. It is up to you to decide which technology path they follow and what kind of research they undertake-you have the power to shape their future. Instead of taking control of a static game world that awaits your every command, life will go on as you would expect. You are effectively taking control of a living simulation. Like a ball of clay on a potter's wheel, the world will keep spinning, but you will be there to mould it to your liking. Although, the ball of clay may or may not slap your hand away at times. 

What happend to you, Crytivo? 

This is why i backed you 210$. This is not the same game. 

I wouldnt be surprised if this game went the same path as Godus and ended up as a mobile game. :P

1 hour ago, Robert said:
  1. A released game. Wich we were promised in late 16' when we backed the game. 

2. I liked the trailer and kickstarter pitch i backed. The game now is more micro than you promised. 

3. Stick to the original pitch. 

4. Bugs are natural to a developing game. Most annoying issue with the game is that its not done as promised. 

The current level of micromanagement is insane compared to what i was promised when i opened my wallet for this game. The initial pitch was that you were to make choices for your "inhabitants". Now you need to build their buildings and manage where they work. This is not the game i backed. 

You will have options to Automize your civilization as we develop the game. We're trying to please our fans and understand that there are two type of players - ones that enjoy managing their civilization with the details and others that would like to just sit and observe Nuggets development.

Please check recent survey stats below:

image.png

Thanks for your response. We're still on track with all the features. We didn't cancel anything, we're actually adding more.

Well, no. But there are fall pits from other similar games you should avoid. Like spore was brilliant the first two stages. By the time you got to the last stage the game was rubbish. Your civ needs to be able to fend for itself for you to go explore and expand. Make it an research even. 

Thanks for the detailed explanation

The current level of micromanagement is insane compared to what i was promised when i opened my wallet for this game. The initial pitch was that you were to make choices for your "inhabitants". Now you need to build their buildings and manage where they work. This is not the game i backed. 

We're trying to have balance, our goal it to make it entertainment experience for you and not just make the worlds most expensive screensaver. I would love to learn a bit more about your comment here, from the beginning we planned to allow players to build buildings. You influence nuggets decisions with the building placement. Please let me know what can be done better with this aspect to make it more entertaining/fun experience for you.

So, you want to dumb it down for consoles. Good for you. This is easily done by staying true to your pitch from the kickstarter. 

Consoles? There are no plans for consoles yet.

Bugs are natural to a developing game. Most annoying issue with the game is that its not done as promised. 

The game is not fully developed, we've been working on a game engine and now adding Fun aspect/features. We're not changing our vision at all. If you can provide more details about changes that you don't like I would love to learn more.

Actually, i want a refund. That would be a great reward for me. This game does not resemble the pitch i backed. And i feel i bought a BMW but got an Fiat. You are moving further and further from the pitch you sold the game on and shame on you for this. 

You can always contact our support@crytivo.com with this questions. It's really saddening to see you've got disappointed by the game when it doesn't really have full features at this stage. I would take that it taking us longer than we would want to develop the game, but I'm really happy with how it's shaping up, we have so much more cooking in the oven for you guys. I sincerely hope we can win your support back. 

Thank you for your comment and feedback!

@Robert

I have to agree to the above post. I backed this game up due that video. The game , in the state as it is in now , is nothing like the original pitch to get our backs. I am very dissapointed in the whole Developement of this game. The thing that really hurted my opinion the most of this game is : They stopped giving us monthly updates cause of the ooooeeeeehhh Big Big Steam release.. Which is totally crap and BS. 

Like I feared in many of my posts.. This game will not be finished before I have grandchildren. I hate to say it , but this game only proofs that we should not invest in games , even if we like what they are proposing.

Please do not get me wrong. I loved the idea of this game , I loved the fact what they showed in their kickstarter. But the developement is too slow in my opinion. More and more things around the company and other non related Universim stuff got the overhand . Like the gameshop page , the studio , the other games , the fact they force us to wait for almost half a year for a , already very very very slow paste in content update , update due the Steam Release.

Personally I think the DEVs can redeem themselves in my eyes , if they really bring out the almost full game in the steam release of august. If that is the suprise they had in store , then they got me. I would scream from the top of my lungs that this is the game I wanted , this would be the game I will play.. But I have a great fear that the steamrelease will not be as we all will hope.. I think it might backfire totally , cause we all know how toxic the steam community is. Look at all the other early access games.. they are burned down to the ground.

Well fingers crossed guys.. I hope you can all suprise me.

I have completed the survey. I am sure want to have my invested cash work in some good things.. That is why I am still here.. I still hope for the game I backed :)...

Just I hope my post doesnot give reactions the negative emotions of the people. The reason I reply and do the survey , is that I still hope this game will be the Mother of all God Games..

That is why I care and react with so much passion.. I am not a simple troll ;)

26 minutes ago, Alex Koshelkov said:

Please check recent survey stats below:

image.png

11,617 backers on kickstarter alone. And 1186 bothered to answer an survey? And you base your development on this? Shame on you.  11.617 backers believed in your initial idea. And you are pretty much telling them thanks for the money, now f**k off. 

Thanks for your response. We're still on track with all the features. We didn't cancel anything, we're actually adding more.

Thanks for the detailed explanation

You are correct. You are destroying the initial concept. 

We're trying to have balance, our goal it to make it entertainment experience for you and not just make the worlds most expensive screensaver. I would love to learn a bit more about your comment here, from the beginning we planned to allow players to build buildings. You influence nuggets decisions with the building placement. Please let me know what can be done better with this aspect to make it more entertaining/fun experience for you.

I have no idea when you might have joined the development. But knowing the history might help. The initial pitch was for you to be a "passive" god. Where you placed epicenters and your "nuggets" developed around them depending on mood, religion, technology and etc. If you watch the video i posted you would be more enriched i guess. Now we have to place pretty much every building and its enfuriating thinking of what i pumped 210$ into.  You guys sold me a Fiat on a BMW promise. 

Consoles? There are no plans for consoles yet.

22 cans said this as well. At multiple times. Right now Godus is a cowclicker mobile game. And the community is filing law suits against the company. 

The game is not fully developed, we've been working on a game engine and now adding Fun aspect/features. We're not changing our vision at all. If you can provide more details about changes that you don't like I would love to learn more.

Right, this is as much fun to hear as delivering your car to get its tires changed and return 4 weeks later to hear the engine is still out of the car. Please see your own roadmap screenshot on either facebook or in this post. 

You can always contact our support@crytivo.com with this questions. It's really saddening to see you've got disappointed by the game when it doesn't really have full features at this stage. I would take that it taking us longer than we would want to develop the game, but I'm really happy with how it's shaping up, we have so much more cooking in the oven for you guys. I sincerely hope we can win your support back. 

Thank you for your comment and feedback!

@Robert

Than you Alex. I will do just that. I expect i will be met with a cold shoulder and not get a refund with some standard copy/paste email in return. 

Hello.

I backed the game with 210$ back in 2014 where you promised me a god game with little to none micromanagement where you had to do choices and research to develop your planets inhabitants and punish them if you did not agree with the direction they were taking. 

The game you have delivered so far is getting more and more away from the original pitch where you sold your product on through kickstarter. Instead of putting down just epicenters you now need to place down every building, wich is micromanagement. You need to place workers here and there, wich is micromanagement. And you also need to keep birthrates up. Wich is micromanagement. 

I have been prospected something else than i bought. And i would wish to request a refund of my 210$ initially invested. 

Thank you for your time. 

da79d9948030a8d44ff076d3de00264d_original.jpg

3 minutes ago, Stronkie said:

I have to agree to the above post. I backed this game up due that video. The game , in the state as it is in now , is nothing like the original pitch to get our backs. I am very dissapointed in the whole Developement of this game. The thing that really hurted my opinion the most of this game is : They stopped giving us monthly updates cause of the ooooeeeeehhh Big Big Steam release.. Which is totally crap and BS. 

Like I feared in many of my posts.. This game will not be finished before I have grandchildren. I hate to say it , but this game only proofs that we should not invest in games , even if we like what they are proposing.

Please do not get me wrong. I loved the idea of this game , I loved the fact what they showed in their kickstarter. But the developement is too slow in my opinion. More and more things around the company and other non related Universim stuff got the overhand . Like the gameshop page , the studio , the other games , the fact they force us to wait for almost half a year for a , already very very very slow paste in content update , update due the Steam Release.

Personally I think the DEVs can redeem themselves in my eyes , if they really bring out the almost full game in the steam release of august. If that is the suprise they had in store , then they got me. I would scream from the top of my lungs that this is the game I wanted , this would be the game I will play.. But I have a great fear that the steamrelease will not be as we all will hope.. I think it might backfire totally , cause we all know how toxic the steam community is. Look at all the other early access games.. they are burned down to the ground.

Thank you for your comment and feedback. 

The game , in the state as it is in now , is nothing like the original pitch

I would love to learn more about this, can you please elaborate on what is not being developed as promised.  

They stopped giving us monthly updates

Sorry that we keep you waiting. We needed extra time to implement big features based on the community feedback. Such things as improved Research system, God Quests and Missions, Srory and etc etc.

It's definitely a huge challenge for us to release updates on a monthly basis and we're hoping to get back to this schedule right after Steam Release. 

Like I feared in many of my posts.. This game will not be finished before I have grandchildren

Most of the core mechanics/game engine are developed and it's much easier for us to add new FUN features since game can support them. Development will move so much faster now. Sorry that we're not meeting your expectations with the development speed. Our team is still relatively small and I think they're doing an outstanding job. If you can check out our monthly patch notes enormous amount of work done on a daily basis.

Personally I think the DEVs can redeem themselves in my eyes , if they really bring out the almost full game in the steam release of august.

Ah as much as I would want that, unfortunately, it's not going to happen. We still plan to add many more features and work with the community very closely to make sure that The Universim is the game you guys expected. We're listening very closely and your feedback is extremely important for our team. I really appreciate your honesty and constructive feedback, we will do our best to meet your expectations.

I will put this as my number one wish as well :) Thanks a lot for your comment!

Thank you Alex for your detailed answer. I am happy you respond to my post.

I was thinking how I could explain what I mean. It is basicly as Robert says. The original pitch that you are a god and you can influence your people . I know you cannot really do stuff to your people directly , but you could use your godpowers to let the nuggets do as you want. In the current game you really cannot influence your people that much. You cannot make them evil , you cannot make them good , you have no control on the world.. You cannot create food , hunt , pick up water , decide what your nuggets should concentrate on.

Yes I know you have your god powers.. but in my opinion those godpowers are not enough influence on your people.. You can let people fall in love , mate or whatever. But As a god I want to be able to do more. Like I said above. .I want to directly be able to control my nugget , if I choose to do so. It should be my choice that they do things automaticly or that I as god influence them so that they do my bidding.. Like building placing.. I mean .. as a god I can insert the thought of persuating the nuggets to place a certain building somewhere.. Esp those stone huts , huts whatever.. These are placed to randomly. 

Also the game should give me more feedback in what kind of god I am . Also the nuggets should let me know , in what way , what they desire.. like what kind of buildings etc.

The original pitch , in the above video , made  me think the game would be like that. That is why I backed. I thought it would be like black @ white meets populos.. Or something like that.. 

But yes , like you said , you will not rock my boat with the steam releease.. but I do hope the steam release will not rock your boat in a negative way.. I will not ask for a refund.. I personally have also spent a lot of time and effort in this game for not to see it to the finish line.. But yeha.. I will stay pray

I took the survey, and unfortunately I don’t have time to write much here right now. I just want to let the devs know I absolutely love the game and the direction it appears to be moving. To me, so far, it DOES match the original trailer. I never expected to not have to build any buildings for them. I mean there needs to be SOME player agency. Not only that, it actually looks much better now graphically! I know you guys are working insanely hard and it certainly shows in the game. I look forward to the future ages!

2 minutes ago, Stronkie said:

I was thinking how I could explain what I mean. It is basicly as Robert says. The original pitch that you are a god and you can influence your people . I know you cannot really do stuff to your people directly , but you could use your godpowers to let the nuggets do as you want. In the current game you really cannot influence your people that much. You cannot make them evil , you cannot make them good , you have no control on the world.. You cannot create food , hunt , pick up water , decide what your nuggets should concentrate on.

Yes I know you have your god powers.. but in my opinion those godpowers are not enough influence on your people.. You can let people fall in love , mate or whatever. But As a god I want to be able to do more. Like I said above. .I want to directly be able to control my nugget , if I choose to do so. It should be my choice that they do things automaticly or that I as god influence them so that they do my bidding.. Like building placing.. I mean .. as a god I can insert the thought of persuating the nuggets to place a certain building somewhere.. Esp those stone huts , huts whatever.. These are placed to randomly. 

Also the game should give me more feedback in what kind of god I am . Also the nuggets should let me know , in what way , what they desire.. like what kind of buildings etc.

The original pitch , in the above video , made  me think the game would be like that. That is why I backed. I thought it would be like black @ white meets populos.. Or something like that.. 

Thank you for expanding my post with your own words. 

You explain perfectly my frustration.. 

Most ultimately, i would love this to be a VR version of Black & White. But that isnt the pitch thats sold. But i would like the developers to stick with what they sold us initially. 

Its like i would tell you i would make you a beutifull wooden picket pence. But i made you a plastic one instead. Because thats what everyone wants. 

Thanks @Stronkie

and this is the main reason why we're running a survey and asking for your feedback. The main goal is to get constructive feedback, doesn't matter if it's positive or negative. Negative feedback is extremely important and I'm happy to see you're taking your time explaining what can be done better. We're moving our development towards you as a player being more influential rather giving direct commands to your Nuggets and we will have few updates soon that will address that.

Also the game should give me more feedback in what kind of god I am

This is on the way as well.

The original pitch , in the above video , made  me think the game would be like that.

And it honestly will be like that. We worked on a game engine that working with all the simulations in the world. Now we have Faith system on the way, temples and choice to be a good or bad god.  

Please continue letting us know what we can do better to make The Universim better game and meet those expectations we set with 100% precision ;) Thanks!

Ow do not get me wrong. I am not really upset about the fact we can build buildings.. that is what I was hoping for too.. But to me , the worse thing , is the pace of the developement.

I was hoping we could already be in space , if you know what I mean. The original pitch made me believe that I , as a god , would have much much more influence on the nuggets and the worlds they live in. That is basicly it.. in a short post :)

3 minutes ago, Unforked said:

I took the survey, and unfortunately I don’t have time to write much here right now. I just want to let the devs know I absolutely love the game and the direction it appears to be moving. To me, so far, it DOES match the original trailer. I never expected to not have to build any buildings for them. I mean there needs to be SOME player agency. Not only that, it actually looks much better now graphically! I know you guys are working insanely hard and it certainly shows in the game. I look forward to the future ages!

Thank you for your love @Unforked We will continue working hard and we hope The Universim will be the best Planet Management/God Game out there ;) <3

You guys are responding really fast. I'll do my best to respond on everybody's comment. I might step away at some point, but I'll be back chatting with you friends.

@Robert I see you really upset about some features. Is there a way I can learn more about what our team can do better? You can add me via discord Alex Koshelkov#0001 

Anyone who wants to chat with me directly feel free sending me your friend request. 

hey Crytivo, i did the survey and filled my thoughts out for that.

my 8 answers to the above post will be summarised.

basic front is the first questions 1-5, the game currently is good but can be better, i know i have had input regarding autonomy and god powers, i know they are being addressed which is why im eagerly awaiting to test those out.
my only issue i have had with universim is the nuggets will build stone huts Everywhere like its obscene how much they build. *maybe draw grids or something for the huts to appear

in that same vein nuggets will prioritise their job over survival.

simple explanation would be they are standing beside a well and die of thirst because they need to deliver a body. (sidenote the cemetery workers seem to always go for the nuggets that are far away rather than proximity to the cemetery) 

#6 the game in its current form is hard enough, but be it a more stable game and has its core mechanics running you could make certain choices before running a new world for a much harder experience.

#7 bugs i have already laid my thoughts on the ones that plague me, but for a refresher these are what i consider annoying bugs *i may be wrong* firstly, regarding hunters, the few instances i have watched them, they'll go hunt and drop off the spoils but one nugget was earth crust walking *walking under the terrain* and seemed like it was going to die and i couldnt do nothing about it.
most workers have a clear designation on what their role is but regarding cemetery, engineers and even the farmers always seem to have issues. i explained cemetery above, engineers seem to be lax in fixing buildings and im unsure why, small village and i have 5 engineers and still buildings are falling down.
Farms/farmers tend to start grow a crop and then all of a sudden its no longer growing.. season changes and crop is dead and then starts back up in spring and same thing they do things for awhile and by the time the crops ready to harvest they maybe get one yield and crops dead, season changes.. thats why i use hunters and fish for food rather than farms because its *currently* not beneficial.

#8 rewards for VIPS i have no idea how to reward people. lol if i was working i would still clam up asking for a raise. so probably best not ask me lol

hey @Gabbo1313 thanks a lot for your time and feedback.

my only issue i have had with universim is the nuggets will build stone huts Everywhere like its obscene how much they build. *maybe draw grids or something for the huts to appear

We're working on improvements for the expansion system. We want it to be more condensed and organic.

#7 bugs i have already laid my thoughts on the ones that plague me, but for a refresher these are what i consider annoying bugs *i may be wrong* firstly, regarding hunters, the few instances i have watched them, they'll go hunt and drop off the spoils but one nugget was earth crust walking *walking under the terrain* and seemed like it was going to die and i couldnt do nothing about it.

Thank you, we will spend extra time on the hunting system. I'm myself not a big fan on how it is working atm, we will definitely work on improvements

most workers have a clear designation on what their role is but regarding cemetery, engineers and even the farmers always seem to have issues.

This hopefully will be fixed in V26. Farm will have updated functionality, you might like it a lot.

#8 rewards for VIPS i have no idea how to reward people. lol if i was working i would still clam up asking for a raise. so probably best not ask me lol

What if... ? :S

Thanks a lot for constructive feedback @Gabbo1313 <3

I've filled the survey. 

One thing I would like less in the game is the God Powers, or at least, make them optional and not neccesary for the management of the civilization.

Also, @Alex Koshelkov, I would change the GodEmail by a church. The menu would be the same, just the building would be a church.

14 hours ago, Alex Koshelkov said:

Oh @Alex Koshelkov that was great ;) "The worlds most expensive Screensaver. ;) Well it's in your hands to give us something meaningful to do. Only micromanaging is a tedious task for many people. But in the other hand some people enjoy virtual gardening and house renovation although they could do it in the real world. A game should give you the options to do things you can't do in the real world. Managing people can be fun but is only a small part of a game at least the Kickstarter game you promised. The interaction as god to your followers is especially important. Do I feel needed? Am I in control? If I wanted to... could i do something wonderful or am I forced to obey. I know it is hard. That's the reason you were funded on Kickstarter. Because people wanted a god game. The ability to be a god again and enjoy the game in their pace. 

You started with the Idea of an god game and developed it to an city simulator first... and gained supporters that want a city simulator. That was not the original pitch. So yes it's hard to combine those two playstiles together. 

6 hours ago, rnramos said:

I've filled the survey. 

One thing I would like less in the game is the God Powers, or at least, make them optional and not neccesary for the management of the civilization.

See I understand your point of view but a god game (at least The Universim was funded as god game) should have god powers that are useful and sometimes needed. If you make them optional... you make the whole god game concept of the game optional. There are plenty of management games outside but no god game. This is the only thing The Universim is or could be different from any other game on the market.

@Alex Koshelkov Talking about the genre. What do you think is the main genre of The Universim at the moment? I don't know what you're working on and how it affects gameplay and godly gameplay. In all honesty... you should not advertise The Universim as god game if you did not improve the godly gameplay mechanics insanely in comparison to the current build. A clear statement would help. The only thing I know is... If you'd advertise the current build as god game in Steam... Most people would be disappointet about the godly gameplay. And people that don't want a god game like @rnramos or less godly interactions, are maybe annoyed about the pure existence of god powers in a city building management game. ;)

The question is: Who do you want to be your main audience? The original concept supporters that funded you because you promised to do a god game or the group that joined later while you already developed a city builder simulation. As I said... management and city builder games are a huge market and the competition is really hard... But there does not exist a single god game on the market beside the old black & white series which is nowhere to buy.

See I am the (sometimes critical and for your liking uncomfortable but also very supportive and constructive) ;) voice of the Kickstarter backers that wanted a god game more than anything else. We talked about Godus and you agreed. Such a disaster should never happen again. I do understand that the development of a game of this scale is a really hard job. But you can't please them all if you do not introduce different gameplay options to activate or deactivate to everyones liking. Or a completely "god free" gamemode with as much micromanaging as possible for those who don't want a god game... Which is funny... As I said... There are plenty of not god games on the market..... ;) I think you get the point. You as developer need to decide which is your main audience or everyone is unsatisfied with a half hearted compromise. If you have enough manpower to introduce different game modes... okay... but I doubt it. It's hard work. But you should (I'm egoistic now for a second...)  know who supported you in the beginning and for what.

7 hours ago, rnramos said:

I've filled the survey. 

Also, @Alex Koshelkov, I would change the GodEmail by a church. The menu would be the same, just the building would be a church.

Hey @rnramos thanks for your comment. Can you elaborate on this, please 

I would like less in the game is the God Powers

I think they're very optional at the moment and we actually developing ways to make them a bit more useful. It's Planet Management - God Game. It's like saying I don't want have cars in your racing game, no? :)

GodMail - going away. Quest system is going to be more informative now.

Thanks for your comment!

@Kerby84

Thank you for your comment. We're definitely working towards allowing more automation in the game, new research system will have optional perks that can make your civilization more self-sufficient or introduce a bit more micromanagement and all of that will be optional, you'll define be able to play it with your own style. 

The Universim was and is Planet Management - God Game.

It’s a God game with the city building elements. You don’t control AI directly, instead, you influence their decisions by placing Key Buildings, which they will build by themselves as well as help them evolve by influencing their research decisions. The concept of this never changed and we're developing it as planned. We spend a good amount of time on building in the game engine. Right now we're working towards the storytelling. 

Again you continue repeating your message that was loud and clear in the past. What I really would like to achieve with this topic is to learn what you think can be better in the game and how we can improve it. Almost all the points you make in your post are planned to be added in the game, the game is still in development. I understand you want it all and now, I do too :) I hope you'll start sharing with us your ideas regarding what aspects can be changed, what exactly can be added to make it more the game you want, without ruining it, potentially for other 50K players we have.

Thanks for your comment!

Hey guys! I will start hiding comments that are offtopic, I would like to keep it straight to the point and on topic. I hope for your understanding.

I repeated myself only because a new clarification from your side was needed what The Universim stands for. You gave the clarification. :)  Especially because you gained some supporters which prefer a god less playstile. As you said and I love this statement: 

57 minutes ago, Alex Koshelkov said:

I think they're very optional at the moment and we actually developing ways to make them a bit more useful. It's Planet Management - God Game. It's like saying I don't want have cars in your racing game, no? :)

So this post was mainly not adressed to you it was a kind of statement from my side that The Universim is mostly a god game with planet management. :-) Everything is okay.

Well i shared many Ideas in the other topics with @Sasha too. And it was a great constructive dialog from both sides. There is no criticism from me in the last post. Only a small reminder. ;) 

Could you provide some informations what's already in your dev build? :) That would be great.

41 minutes ago, Alex Koshelkov said:

Almost all the points you make in your post are planned to be added in the game, the game is still in development. I understand you want it all and now, I do too :)

Glad to hear it.

And I'm happy you're in touch with the community too @Alex Koshelkov

1. Godly gameplay of course. This feature should feel natural. You want to do something... you can do it. Maybe a feedback... I somehow don't like the way godly powers are activated at the moment. It feels a bit wrong to hit a key to activate godly interaction. especially with the telekinesis power... if I click a tree for longer than only a simple click I should be able to grab it... the same for rocks and other things... maybe such basic powers could be activated differently. other powers maybe trough a direct activation (mouse wheel) only my thoughts.

2.To be honest... Change as many things as you can (released build, not the one you're working on at the moment) ;) 

3. Give us decisions. As I mentioned in a diffent topic... The Elu Hair salon prayer could be an idea... If you refuse to hear the prayer for a hair salon, you're not able to build one... or only later in the game.

4.A zoning tool to decide where the nuggets are allowed to build huts would be a great way to organize your civilization.

5. As I said... micromanaging ist a task for most people. If you introduce (and it seems you do) enough other content or possibilities for the player to use the powers in a creative way ( talked with sasha about a change in lecupidon to create some kind of demi gods or only funny hair colours...) being creative in such a game is the key. give the people the tools to be creative.

6.at least not forced. give people the option if you have the time to challenge themselves if they want to.

7.ki bugs sometimes... but good :-) you do a great job.

8.... the reward is a great game. :-)

1 hour ago, Alex Koshelkov said:

The Universim was and is Planet Management - God Game.

It’s a God game with the city building elements. You don’t control AI directly, instead, you influence their decisions by placing Key Buildings, which they will build by themselves as well as help them evolve by influencing their research decisions.

You're describing a city management game. In other popular city management simulations the player assigns sections of the city to develop certain ways, places key buildings which are constructed by the AI, and directs research to unlock other buildings. The similarities continue in that the player needs to manage resources. If I'm supposed to be a god directing a civilization, then when I tell them to build a farm they should collect the resources, build the farm, staff it, and make sure it is enough to feed the population. The AI farming community should expand to meet the needs of the AI civilization, not the god-mayor placing half a dozen more farms. The AI might collect the resources and construct a farm right now, then the player has to assign people to work the farm, and if the farm isn't producing enough the player has to place more. Think of ancient human stories of gods, there are stories about a surplus harvest attributed to gods, but there are no stories where a god shows up waving a civil engineering degree and begins planning new farmland. The management isn't the problem, the micromanagement is the problem.

You can create a god-sim with city building elements, that's expected, but how about the feel of a religion? The acknowledgement that I am supposed to be playing as a god and not a god-mayor.

23 hours ago, Alex Koshelkov said:

What do you believe is the Number One feature we’re missing right now? How would you imagine this feature to function?

The number one feature you are missing is the player being a god. I imagine a god telling the civ what to do and it gets done. Maybe I use god powers to enhance the effectiveness and to procure followers that contribute to the spreading of my influence or religion?

23 hours ago, Alex Koshelkov said:

What do you like most about The Universim? How can we improve upon it, and what should we avoid changing?

What I most like about The Universim is the concept. You can improve upon the current gameplay by living up to the concept of a god-sim game. You should avoid changing the original concept. See where I'm going here?

On 7/11/2018 at 2:35 PM, Alex Koshelkov said:

How can we increase the replay value of the game for you? We want you to enjoy The Universim for as long as possible, so we’d love to hear your suggestions.

If this end up as a god-sim game with the amibiton of being a god to multiple civilizations on multiple planets, then replay value won't need to be considered. The time it takes to accomplish that should be ridiculously long given the amount of planets and if a person restarts the game it would be to clear the constant incessant needs of the many many planets and civs. The game should include some sort of mechanic to have civs from different planets eventually be able to interact with one another.

Are there any features from your favorite games that you feel could be adapted into The Universim to improve your playing experience?

This is an easy one. The best god-sim game was black & white. The interactions with the individual ingame people (in this case they'd be nuggets) wasn't all that lavish, but it could be used to influence their opinion of the player-god. Sometimes I think you are confusing influence with direction; one can be directed to build something, or one can be influenced indirectly. This game is more direction and less influence.

What is your opinion on the current level of micromanagement in the game? Would you like more or less of it? We are trying to minimize micromanagement, but we don’t want The Universim to turn into the world’s most expensive screensaver.

The current level of micromanagement is either ridiculous or exactly what one would expect depending on one's point of view. I would like a god-sim game so my point of view is that the micromanagement has gotten out of hand. The nuggets are dumb as bricks and can't do anything themselves. Sea monkeys require less management. What irks me is that we can build everything except the houses, which are in the way all the time! I might mind it less if I could construct those as well. I mean, I might as well since I'm forced to manage every other aspect of the nuggets' existence. Less direct management would be a welcomed change as long as you include the ability for me to be a god to those nuggets. Maybe instead of making me build 5 farms to support a civ, I could use a god power to bless a farm with abundance as a reward for a civ having a lot nuggets following me and as a way to get more, or curse the field with pestilence as a punishment. that will give the nuggets a negative view of the god, but also make them worship out of fear.

Should The Universim be a more challenging experience? We want to make the game accessible and enjoyable for all players, no matter their skill level. Let us know if you want a more relaxing experience or one that will offer a bit more challenge.

A good god-sim should only be as challenging or relaxing as the player chooses. Everything should be customizeable to give each player a unique experience. Ultimately, a god-sim should allow the player to either make the gameplay challenging and requiring constant in game choices and interactions or so relaxed that the player can play the game, watch tv, and juggle their kids. Which is why the ability to pause the game and do stuff while time isn't moving is so important. I'm supposed to be a god! Give me the ability to work outside of time.

How would you rate the game in terms of bugs? What are the most annoying issues you have found in the most recent build? Is there anything, in particular, we should focus on?

I'm skipping this. The game is no where near completion, the state of the game isn't great, and the direction of the game is far from the initial proposal. Bugs are to be expected but are the least of my worries. I'm confident you'll fix them as they are reported.

Lastly, what would you like in terms of future rewards? We are always looking to add something extra for everyone who supported The Universim from day one. We are enormously grateful for your help and continued support. At the moment, we are adding everyone’s names to the game in the Rise of Evolution Monument . You’ll be receiving another small survey at www.crytivo.com requesting the correct name you’d like to use. However, another little something is being added to the game just for you. An early support skin is on its way for everyone who purchases the game before August 28. You’re on our VIP list, so expect to receive a whole lot more in the future!

Rewards are great and all but the best reward I can be given is that this game turn out to be the god-sim game that was pitched. Make that game and that will be reward enough. Produce the god-sim game I thought this would be where I can play god to a civilization and not just their generation-spanning mayor.

This game is a good game. I choose to have faith that the end result will be the concept I backed and the product I am hoping for.

You can create a god-sim with city building elements, that's expected, but how about the feel of a religion? The acknowledgement that I am supposed to be playing as a god and not a god-mayor.

Great feedback, thanks. We are working on features that will allow you to chose to make your Nuggets build important buildings when they need them and you will just back them up if needed. Check out this update https://theuniversim.com/micro-to-macro-nugget-automation.

image.png

Through the Townhall, Nuggets will be able to elect Ministers that will be responsible for certain city infrastructures. For example, Minister of food Nugget will be trigger Farm and Eatery constructions based on the city demands. And as a player, you'll have a choice if you'd rather have full control by yourself over these categories by simply locking a spot or dropping a bolder on the guys head. :)

Overall great points and the good news is it looks like we're on the same page. I think the issue is that we left all the god interaction for a later dev time, while we were highly concentrated on the world and main core mechanics implementation. Our goal was to build a technical sandbox, tools for us, that will allow us implementing these "Fun-God Actions" to the game with no limitations from the technical side. 

Thanks again for a great constructive feedback, I'm happy to see great new ideas and suggestion that will help us make The Universim better game.

14 minutes ago, Alex Koshelkov said:

image.png

Thanks again for a great constructive feedback, I'm happy to see great new ideas and suggestion that will help us make The Universim better game.

My main Suggestion while watching the picture again... The building health system... this is (in my opinion) unneeded micromanagement and processing power. I'd get rid of the building health system which needs constant care and engineers and replace it with classic healthpoints which can be reduced through storms and other things... and you simply can repair buildings with resources you provide... direct control as godly gameplay or indirect control trough nuggets that autonomously repair. 

15 minutes ago, Kerby84 said:

My main Suggestion while watching the picture again... The building health system... this is (in my opinion) unneeded micromanagement and processing power. I'd get rid of the building health system which needs constant care and engineers and replace it with classic healthpoints which can be reduced through storms and other things... and you simply can repair buildings with resources you provide... direct control as godly gameplay or indirect control trough nuggets that autonomously repair. 

I agree.

Maybe instead of having building health which, as you said, is unneeded micromanagement, perhaps it could manage reconstruction of buildings destroyed instead?