threeheaded monkey

[BRAINSTORM] Let's have faith and talk about it!

14 hours ago, DrBubba said:

There has to be some sort of harmless (or harmful) "display of power" that you can do with a wide viewing area.  I'm in a situation now where I can't seem to get any more followers no matter what I try.  Maybe a "northern lights" effect that goes off over your city center or a blood moon, if you want to be evil and scare people.

There also desperately needs to be a way to tell, at a glance, who is a believer and who isn't.  That way you can at LEAST target your actions so the non-believers see them and (hopefully) convert.

Yes! I’m constantly helping the ones that already believe in me. 🤦🏾‍♀️

If we are going traditional religion direction, I think an addition of prophet and policies (thou shall not.. something like that) to strengthen the presence of the creator would be great. We can also put school to use. Other than educating nuggets to be proficient at their business, we can set the school direction to be teach strictly about religion, balanced religion and science, or strictly about science. Each have consequences for example religion teaching longer the duration of education, too many religion may spawn a rebel but the nugget may also bring new follower outside,  science teaching makes it harder for a nugget to be a believer, but civilization build and expands faster and breakthrough (boost on current research) may happen, something like that.

Temple should also be core part of religion, to list us who are our current believer for starter would be a great use for the temple. So that we know where to put our power to use to gather new believer. A religion tradition to strengthen faith is also an idea. Maybe once a week believer would gather around the temple and dance/eat/sing, or if we are going the darker path, sacrifice someone.

Aliens can also be tied with religion and faith. When we have so many follower that the temple emits an aura/energy, so much that it intrigues the aliens and made them come to visit. This gives gathering follower another meaningful purpose. Or we can go the science direction, civilization so advanced that we are the one visiting the aliens.

Those are some ideas though, I know some design can be too complicated to program. But hopefully I spark some ideas that are applicable for the game.

I would like the idea of having a temple where you can gain faith from it when people visit it, you can assign a prophet/oracle to help increase mass and guide peoples faith. And through them you could get the god mail messages. 

I also like the idea of your god starting out weak, and as you gain more followers you increase in power and things that you can do. And the type of requests you fulfill or don't fulfill indicate the type of god you will be, indifferent/benevolent/malevolent. And so in turn that would influence the way your followers are as a society.

Wouldn´t it be nice if nuggets could walk over a frozen lake in winter? It would really make sense, cause many tribes in our history did exactly that. And bridges would be a good idea too :)