Hello Everyone, 

Today we would like to try something new.  This topic will be used to ask developers questions & get the response from us. No discussions in this particular topic please. Just simple question / answer layout. We will be answering questions once per day. So each day we will go over all the questions that we will have at that particular moment and we will answer them. 

Some Rules in regards to this topic in order to keep the topic clean:

- No discussions here. All discussions will be deleted. If you would like to discuss something, please create a new topic. 

- Keep your questions short. So we can be answer them in 1 - 2 sentences. 

- No drama. We know that some people upset with some of the things. Please, keep the topic clean & constructive so we all can enjoy the process. 

- Keep questions reasonable. We will do our best to answer all of your questions.

We will keep that topic alive for 2 weeks. If this experimental topic will be successful. We will make it permanent and it will be our daily routine. 

Sincerely, 

Sasha

How much content will be available when the game launches on Steam Early Access?

We aim to release The Universim with all of the content up until the Modern Era. We need more time to polish the later eras.

In this quote you have stated that the The Universim will be released with all content until the Modern Era. Does this mean that all of the Modern Era's content will be included with release, and only the Space Era's development will remain? Or does this mean that only the content leading up to the Modern Era will be completed? (I.e. Stone Era, Pre-Medieval, Medieval)

Thank you!

What are your plans to improve godly gameplay? 

Yes can't be answered within one or two sentences but you owe us informations.

Why is the old section "Ask the devs" not used and promoted to ask the devs? 

The Ask the devs section was intended for constant community contact and exchange between community and devs during the development but was simply ignored.

11 hours ago, Sasha said:

Keep your questions short. So we can be answer them in 1 - 2 sentences.

Why?

Informations given in one or two sentences are mostly twitter style and useless. This is a forum. Either you take the time and the community contact serious or continue as before.

7 hours ago, Perseids said:

In this quote you have stated that the The Universim will be released with all content until the Modern Era. Does this mean that all of the Modern Era's content will be included with release, and only the Space Era's development will remain? Or does this mean that only the content leading up to the Modern Era will be completed? (I.e. Stone Era, Pre-Medieval, Medieval)

Thank you!

Up to modern age. So Medieval will be finished. We already have some stuff for modern age, but it is pretty early in the development so it won't make to the steam patch.

Will there be another Q&A stream any time soon?

Is posting development progress on Twitter all the time not  in conflict with your NO-SPOILER attitude? (Sry,couldn't resist...:ph34r:)

How far have you been in reworking research/god-aspect/faith-system?

EDIT:

Reading the game's description I get the idea that a lot of development time already was spent on procedural planet generation.

Zitat

That’s why we’ve invested a lot of time into not only creating unique and beautiful planets, but also giving each one its own set of challenging characteristics.

Does this mean, that there is an internal development build of the game  with alien planets implemented ?

7 hours ago, Kerby84 said:

Yes can't be answered within one or two sentences but you owe us informations.

Why is the old section "Ask the devs" not used and promoted to ask the devs? 

The Ask the devs section was intended for constant community contact and exchange between community and devs during the development but was simply ignored.

Why?

Informations given in one or two sentences are mostly twitter style and useless. This is a forum. Either you take the time and the community contact serious or continue as before.

First of all we are reworking the god mail quests system and quests for it as well as  rewards for the quests. Secondly, we are reworking the faith system, exile village (which will add an enemy to the game) and we are implementing events that will force you to use the god powers, otherwise your civilization will struggle to survive. 

Why is the old section "Ask the devs" not used and promoted to ask the devs? Why?

As you mentioned yourself, it was an old section and it did not work. I decided to try a new approach that hopefully will work better if everyone will respect each other. 

4 hours ago, threeheaded monkey said:

Is posting development progress on Twitter all the time not  in conflict with your NO-SPOILER attitude? (Sry,couldn't resist...:ph34r:)

EDIT:

Reading the game's description I get the idea that a lot of development time already was spent on procedural planet generation.

Does this mean, that there is an internal development build of the game  with alien planets implemented ?

Yes, we are planning to have a stream at the end of the month, where we can talk a little bit more about our progress.

It does not. There is a big and interesting surprise coming and we were working on it for some time now. Because of it, we are very cautious about the information leaks & "SPOILERS". Once we will reveal it, I hope everyone will understand why we were talking about NO-SPOILER.

Bare bones of the research system is almost done, we just need to fix some minor visual & technical bugs so hopefully if everything goes smooth, you will see another post from me with a current look of the research system. One of the improvements of the god-aspect is being worked right now and I would say it is ~50% done as for another one, it is still a concept that we would like to discuss internally if we can pull it off in a timely manner. Faith-system is something that we will start working mid June.

We don't really have a "build" in that sort of aspect, we have almost everything for the alien planet generation(meshes, some aliens, different  biomes, unique flora ). When the procedural planet generation was built, one of the things that we were doing is the creation of different looking planets and we were satisfied with the results.

49 minutes ago, Sasha said:

Why is the old section "Ask the devs" not used and promoted to ask the devs? Why?

As you mentioned yourself, it was an old section and it did not work. I decided to try a new approach that hopefully will work better if everyone will respect each other. 

In all kindness and no discussion. Only a feedback to your answer. It did not work because nobody from the devs cared about the section. Only somtimes if it was a technical problem a dev showed up. Once in a while Mirror showed up too but as other Kickstarter backers know...  she is a backer volunteering for Crytivo and therefore only second hand informations instead of a real dev or a real community manager. Which leads to my next question:

Why did Crytivo promise constant community contact "building The Universim with the Community" and does not have a real full time community manager?

I appreciate your work and thank you for your continued contact to the community. But as you mentioned before... Your time is split into development and CM. So you're not a full time CM. Caring about the community and developing the game should't be split situation.

When you start polls on Twitter with a few hundred people voting in the end, does the result really affect the design process?  (Out of curiousity, no deviousness intented.)

Currently there is a poll going on in which you are asking if we would like to have robots or dinosaurs in the game. Maybe I'm wrong, but both are stretchgoals, so... ^^

Edit: Also this is not going to be successful when there is nobody asking questions, my fellow community members! ;)

23 hours ago, Kerby84 said:

In all kindness and no discussion. Only a feedback to your answer. It did not work because nobody from the devs cared about the section. Only somtimes if it was a technical problem a dev showed up. Once in a while Mirror showed up too but as other Kickstarter backers know...  she is a backer volunteering for Crytivo and therefore only second hand informations instead of a real dev or a real community manager. Which leads to my next question:

Why did Crytivo promise constant community contact "building The Universim with the Community" and does not have a real full time community manager?

I appreciate your work and thank you for your continued contact to the community. But as you mentioned before... Your time is split into development and CM. So you're not a full time CM. Caring about the community and developing the game should't be split situation.

Please, let put aside all discussions about who is right and who is wrong and stop pointing fingers. This topic is strictly for Q&A and I would like to keep it this way, so everyone who will see the topic, they can get info and not read walls of text that do not bring anything to the table. With all my respect to the community, I would like to keep the topic clean & informative. I will keep that post, but if we will continue having posts that bring negativity, I will be cleaning them. I hope you do understand. 

The company is pretty small and all our resources are going towards the development and no, I am not talking about store or publishing development but pure The Universim game development. Hopefully in the near future, we will have enough resources to get a full time community manager.

9 hours ago, threeheaded monkey said:

When you start polls on Twitter with a few hundred people voting in the end, does the result really affect the design process?  (Out of curiousity, no deviousness intented.)

Currently there is a poll going on in which you are asking if we would like to have robots or dinosaurs in the game. Maybe I'm wrong, but both are stretchgoals, so... ^^

Edit: Also this is not going to be successful when there is nobody asking questions, my fellow community members! ;)

When you start polls on Twitter with a few hundred people voting in the end, does the result really affect the design process?

Yes, it does. A good example is the exile village. Currently we are in a process of developing a new AI & mechanics to achieve that. ~65% is done towards that.

Completely agree with you. More questions, more answers, more info for everyone. 

2 hours ago, Sasha said:

Please, let put aside all discussions about who is right and who is wrong and stop pointing fingers. This topic is strictly for Q&A and I would like to keep it this way, so everyone who will see the topic, they can get info and not read walls of text that do not bring anything to the table. With all my respect to the community, I would like to keep the topic clean & informative. I will keep that post, but if we will continue having posts that bring negativity, I will be cleaning them. I hope you do understand. 

The company is pretty small and all our resources are going towards the development and no, I am not talking about store or publishing development but pure The Universim game development. Hopefully in the near future, we will have enough resources to get a full time community manager.

When you start polls on Twitter with a few hundred people voting in the end, does the result really affect the design process?

Yes, it does. A good example is the exile village. Currently we are in a process of developing a new AI & mechanics to achieve that. ~65% is done towards that.

Completely agree with you. More questions, more answers, more info for everyone. 

So, if someone has a question to your answers...which would turn in to a discussion, how the hell did you expect this thread to go?

58 minutes ago, Izar_Morghuliz said:

So, if someone has a question to your answers...which would turn in to a discussion, how the hell did you expect this thread to go?

Some Rules in regards to this topic in order to keep the topic clean:

- No discussions here. All discussions will be deleted. If you would like to discuss something, please create a new topic. 

Since you have been hinting at the nugget customizer just recently, I wonder what are your plans regarding the planet editor and the object editor which both were features of the original concept?

Are god powers always going to be fixed from the start, or are you planning to have an unlock/upgrade system for them in the future? 

With the News piece on the addition of electricity production, can you use more than one of these modes?  Can we, say, make wind turbines, and the "Nugget Wheels" to produce power?

3 hours ago, threeheaded monkey said:

Since you have been hinting at the nugget customizer just recently, I wonder what are your plans regarding the planet editor and the object editor which both were features of the original concept?

We definitely would like to add all those features to the game but only after we will finish with the core eras which are stone age, medieval age, modern age and space age. The process might go way faster based on how steam will go. If it will go well, then obviously we will expand our crew for the Universim and we will try to deliver the final project with all the features way sooner then expected. 

50 minutes ago, GalanVaurek said:

With the News piece on the addition of electricity production, can you use more than one of these modes?  Can we, say, make wind turbines, and the "Nugget Wheels" to produce power?

No, this is where the choice will play a huge difference. You will be able to influence the inventor mind and persuade his mind towards inventing one or another technology, but not both. Each technology will influence the way your civilization will develop and you will have to deal with consequences based on that technology. 

1 hour ago, Antiglow said:

Are god powers always going to be fixed from the start, or are you planning to have an unlock/upgrade system for them in the future? 

We are considering unlock / upgrade god powers system in the future. Since this way we can teach people how to use them and provide a goal to unlock them in different ways if they wish to do so. 

Is there now, or will there ever be a way to edit the names the nuggets are given... as in, with The Sims, there is a file you can add names to, for those randomly named Sims to take from.

I would love to have this ability, even more so than a way to edit "active" nuggets (if that was ever envisioned...)

Okay, I have another question....

What is this, and why did my nuggets build it??  lol

Nugget_Tower.jpg

23 minutes ago, GalanVaurek said:

Okay, I have another question....

What is this, and why did my nuggets build it??  lol

Nugget_Tower.jpg

May I answer this. This is how your nuggets see your actions. Picking up resources is "evil" and healing is "good". The opposite is a fountain with a tree. So your nuggets think you are evil at the moment. ;) 

13 hours ago, GalanVaurek said:

Is there now, or will there ever be a way to edit the names the nuggets are given... as in, with The Sims, there is a file you can add names to, for those randomly named Sims to take from.

I would love to have this ability, even more so than a way to edit "active" nuggets (if that was ever envisioned...)

Currently we did not think about it. It is a good idea and we might implement it to the game 

1 hour ago, Sasha said:

Currently we did not think about it. It is a good idea and we might implement it to the game 

That would be totally awesome!  THANKS!

No more questions ? Do I have to ask myself questions ?:P 

I've grumped about this before but I'm really wanting to know what the plan is to fix the cemetery and the massive issue of dead bodies? It vexes me every playthrough to no end, lol.

I usually just pick them up and throw them into outer space lol.