Sign in to follow this  
threeheaded monkey

[TWITTER] "What buildings should we have in The Universim?""

Yep. Yet another survey for the masses!

*walks off the screen*

What about the surprises and the suspense? ;) 

I truly can see the idea behind the water ministery, there has to be a way to make the nuggets regulate the waterworks autonomously. And tbh, certainly there have to be more buildings in the game in the end.

But if there will be prisons, there also have to be police stations,  courthouses,  parliaments to pass legislation and most important, crime after all. ^^ Disobedience, FREE WILL. :) 

you're describing cities skylines. :-) a great game as city builder. but a poor god game. why? cities skylines is a city builder. ;) same goes for the universim. ;)  

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Kerby84:

you're describing cities skylines. :-)

No, I'm not refering to Cities: Skylines.

Dude, I agree with you that the game tends to be more a city builder right now, but even if the whole building process would be AI driven, there should be more and more different buildings as the game progresses.

Granted, I'd rather like to read news about the faith-system and the god aspect too,but obviously there is nothing to talk about yet.^^  

Seemingly there is very little progress as they have to use the same concept arts for their tweets over and over again. -_-

3 hours ago, threeheaded monkey said:

Dude, I agree with you that the game tends to be more a city builder right now, but even if the whole building process would be AI driven, there should be more and more different buildings as the game progresses.

Agreed but only under the premise that those buldings need to follow a god game character and a secular character. But there is no option to choose yet and i doubt there will be an real option between secular buildings and "gameplay" options for secular players and the ones that kickstarted a god game. You are forced into secular gameplay even if you want to play a god game. 

On 31.5.2018 at 11:24 AM, threeheaded monkey said:

But if there will be prisons, there also have to be police stations,  courthouses,  parliaments to pass legislation and most important, crime after all. ^^ Disobedience, FREE WILL.

For secular gameplay sure. Why not. But then it's as I said... Cities Skylines... a great game and no need to talk about it. but this supposed to be a god game.

So if there is no real freedom to choose between secular ( for instance the guard tower) and a godly way to handle things ( ..animal attacks)... i don't care about new buildings that only support boring gameplay. Black & White as example had not much buildings. The godly gameplay was the essence. Black & White 2 introduced some more buildings but they were optional. You did not need a Prison as god in Black & White 2. You could use it or simply ignore it and sacrifice enemies or citizens. The choice was yours. 

3 hours ago, threeheaded monkey said:

Granted, I'd rather like to read news about the faith-system and the god aspect too,but obviously there is nothing to talk about yet.^^  

My crystall ball tells me what to expect: More missions for god mail. Some new "god powers" that correspond to the Mails you'll get from the Nuggets. Find my lost nugget... god power -> a highlight power or such things. It's dry for days... -> let it rain... and so on...  maybe an updated shrine for good or evil or they kick it out completely because it does not matter.  That's a realistic expectation I guess. The basic gameplay is an will be unchanged because they simply can't change so drastically without starting over again. So godly gameplay is simply an add on gimmick. I hope I'm wrong with this conclusion.... But I doubt it.

They would talk about god news if they had an idea what to do. So they focus on the basic god things already implemented in the game. 

We could go on with this forever,lol. Yeah I agree with you, so please stop trying to convince me. :D

I just discovered the most recent dev log of Prehistoric Kingdom. It seems as if The Universim could take a leaf out of that book when it's about giving proper informations.

Anyway. All we have is Twitter and that really sucks.

Edit: No, wait. That was probably wrong:

trello.thumb.png.cb7e8d5a867044a2ac97c08337b6aef7.png

^^

2 hours ago, threeheaded monkey said:

We could go on with this forever,lol. Yeah I agree with you, so please stop trying to convince me. :D

I do not try to convice you. It's the hope that some dev @Magecoerlin may wake up and see the tragic behind wrong decisions ;) and tell us what is planned. Only with words. No pictures needed at all. :) 

You're not sleepwalking buddy. ;)  So no need to wake you up. But others may wake up by reading it. ;)

You didn't know the art collection site? ;) and the "informative" roadmap? ;)  Many things there to collect likes on twitter, but not really interesting content.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Kerby84:

and the informative roadmap?

Was there a  roadmap posted recently?  Sure I know this nice collage of concept art. lol

Not sure if the developers have to wake up though. They are doing their jobs, I guess, just as everyone else.

But still it's driving me crazy that the forum looks like WIP and that there is no information given by anyone of the community team about that. I really wonder what's going on over there.

4 minutes ago, threeheaded monkey said:

Was there a  roadmap posted recently?

The "super informative" trello Roadmap  is the only one i know. Updated march 17th I guess...

And still no control over  the placement I guess. ;) And the screenshot looks pretty manipulated ;) 2 followers - so many stone huts and not a single other building. or did they scrap all other buildings? ^^ a good decision. back to basics ;) 

Maybe they are able to simulate the building process without having an actual civilization.

vor 27 Minuten schrieb Kerby84:

And still no control over  the placement I guess.

Wouldn't this turn the game even more into a city builder?

I'm still waiting for this though(KS pitch):

Zitat

The buildings are constructed by the AI and thus are built dynamically around the Epicenter, meaning you cannot select where they are built.

1 hour ago, threeheaded monkey said:

Wouldn't this turn the game even more into a city builder?

No if you do it right. Zoning for instance... And you could place buildings down in Black & White 2 and build them via god powes ;) and design roads. But you had real control as god. ;)  In Black & White 1 you had scaffoldings you could place to decide where to build what. That is part of a god game. :-) Either via zonig (like Foundation does it aleady better than The Universim) or via direct placement.

They scrapped most of the concept already so the one thing that is left should be the autonomous hut placement? ;) Wrong autonomy in my opinion if you have to decide unimportant other things instead. The idea you are waiting for could be realized via zoning. And Zoning would fit in a god game system... God tells you where you're allowed to build.... And they build autonomously in this area...

The city builder problem with The Universim is the lack of godly gameplay, not the fact that you can build houses. Followers need to live somewhere. ;) But they don't need too many buildings. Houses, farm areas they can harvest food from (or you as god could harvest for them if you want to...) and for amusement maybe some basic resources like wood and stone or maybe ore later. That's it. The rest ist god's work. ;)  More buildings with a boring gameplay are like 50 shades of nah.

Once you placed a building it should do it's job and gameplay is over. New building needed for gameplay stretching... Once the new building is placed too... Cycle begins again... Or you introduce uncreative gameplay mechanics like a health status for buildings to keep the player busy. ;) So what do city builder games do? they focus on managing the city or unleash your creativity to create the city of your dreams. What does The Universim do? It introduces more and more chores and is unorganized. Not really a good city builder and not a god game at all. Something in between maybe.... but that would be too optimistic.

The magic of Zoning in Foundation. Isn't it godly? ;) 3:49