I actually didn't want to do this again since I'm not a mod  and not willing to become a mod, but...

NOW WE ARE TALKING!

I just wonder if this actual game footage or just a mockup?. Anyway.

The right direction though! I mean LITERALLY the right direction! ;) 

EDIT: Why the heck I am still under moderation btw?

"wow,you are working very fast!"  is funny though,lol.

Right direction? For what? ;) In search for a god in this god game planet management sim? Somewhere out there is a god. Maybe. And we can trade funny coloured spices with them for different prices. ;)  While the nuggets remaining on mother planet watch ads in the cinema. Powered by Google Adsense. ;-)

Imagine a game in which every player is a real world customer we could show ads. Wouldn't it be great to see your favorite brands ingame? Coca Cola, McDonalds, Burger King... everyone should be able to buy into the game and buy ads. The days when nuggets harvested food are over. They go to Burger King or simply eat at Subway and watch Neflix to relax after a hard day on the defense tower to protect the nugget civilization from wild animals and Dinosaurs. All those brands... WOULDN'T THAT BE GREAT?

;)

Attention! This post contains traces of sarcasm. In case of hypersensitivity to sarcasm or sarcasm-like contents, contact your doctor or pharmacist or Twitter account of your choice.

You could be one of my heads. :D

Buhuhu, but I want to leave all that behind.

27 minutes ago, threeheaded monkey said:

You could be one of my heads. :D

Buhuhu, but I want to leave all that behind.

Hehe which one? ^^ 

No don't leave all that behind.... Only the farms and cities. :lol: Who needs them anyway if Subway and Burger King are introduced into the game. Maybe even a partnership with general motors. Imagine your nuggets driving a Cadillac to get to the guard tower. Or a sponsored partnership with Elon Musk for space travel. Your Nuggets can conquer the space with SpaceX Technology. You don't even have to research it. Just watch a 30 second clip and you're done. You can conquer the stars. For half an hour. Then you need to watch the clip again of course. :-) The SpaceX rocket needs fuel. ;) 

Leave the farms and cities behind and jump straight into managing your own planets in The Universim, a brand new god-game in development by Crytivo Games and Alexander Koshelkov.                                                                                           Source: https://theuniversim.com/members/game-info/

So it's a a god game with some management elements according to this information. ;) 

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Kerby84:

Hehe which one?

The one you are talking with. B)

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Kerby84:

No don't leave all that behind.... Only the farms and cities.

Right after that , y'know.

After ruining my civilization by poisening my nuggets  with all that usless stuff. :D

Just to start from scratch on another planet.

Ohh maybe The Universim is the prequel to the real God game... The nuggets destroy themselve and start praying...

To quote the Black & White intro text:

A land of innocence has no need for a god until faith intervenes.
When people pray a god is always born. Able to change eternity.

That god is you.

Are you a blessing or a curse?
Good or Evil?
Be what you will. You are destiny.

Love how they are doing a 30% discount sale on a game thats in Alpha....If people are not seeing the red flags here then...god bless, i guess...

@Izar_Morghuliz Yeah people don't realize that "pre release" or "early access" release of a game on steam is 90% ALPHA testing.. I said it in another thread that TRUE beta testing for this game won't be until 2019.

Beta = virtually ALL features are in game, alpha tested, and the devs need the testers to work out minor to moderate bugs (and this game is nowhere near that)

Alpha testing = new features are still being added and the game needs MAJOR MAJOR debugging (this is what we are seeing in version 0.0.25)

.. and there's often many, many "rounds" of alpha and beta testing LOL

The problem is a lot of gamers (and even some developers) blur the alpha and beta lines (and they shouldn't)

I'm not complaining, but people need to realize that what's coming out on Aug 28th is NOT the completed game. Heck even steam says early release games are "not finished" and still in "testing" and to buy at your own risk.

Often people invest and back a kickstart game, or buy an early release on steam expecting to jump right in and beta test when the product is early on in the development process and it could take many months or a few years for the game to be completed.

Also note the version number.. 0.0.25... it's not even close to 1.0 (the first full "true" release of a game)...

7 hours ago, TallBear said:

@Izar_Morghuliz Yeah people don't realize that "pre release" or "early access" release of a game on steam is 90% ALPHA testing.. I said it in another thread that TRUE beta testing for this game won't be until 2019.

Beta = virtually ALL features are in game, alpha tested, and the devs need the testers to work out minor to moderate bugs (and this game is nowhere near that)

Alpha testing = new features are still being added and the game needs MAJOR MAJOR debugging (this is what we are seeing in version 0.0.25)

The problem is a lot of gamers (and even some developers) blur the alpha and beta lines (and they shouldn't)

I'm not complaining, but people need to realize that what's coming out on Aug 28th is NOT the completed game. Heck even steam says early release games are "not finished" and still in "testing" and to buy at your own risk.

Often people invest and back a kickstart game, or buy an early release on steam expecting to jump right in and beta test when the product is early on in the development process and it could take many months or a few years for the game to be completed.

Also note the version number.. 0.0.25... it's not even close to 1.0 (the first full "true" release of a game)...

finally a person who knows his shit! Salutations!

vor 11 Stunden schrieb TallBear:

Yeah people don't realize that "pre release" or "early access" release of a game on steam is 90% ALPHA testing.. I said it in another thread that TRUE beta testing for this game won't be until 2019.

You  could put this as your signature, then you wouldn't have to emphasize it again and again. :D

Hm. Still I wonder what people you are thinking of.. Kids, I guess? 

I think it's more a matter of how a game in development is advertised.  Sure, steam may have this blueish box explaining what early access means, but when scrolling down and reading the game's description, one could easily get the impression that all the main features are already in the game and working.

Same for the crytivo store btw.

12 hours ago, TallBear said:

Yeah people don't realize that "pre release" or "early access" release of a game on steam is 90% ALPHA testing.. I said it in another thread that TRUE beta testing for this game won't be until 2019.

First of all welcome. You joined less than a day ago. Most of us are here since the Kickstarter campaing ended 24th May 2014. That's a long time ago and many things have changed during this period. Development direction was not like advertised.

Most of the people know what Alpha and Beta means, thank you. But the development process had many problems. Redesigns and mismanagement. This game was advertised as god game. The whole development till now excluded the main part of the advertised game concept but introduced a rts game concept. Later some really bad god mail system with 1 or 2 missions were added to pretend there is godly gameplay. I don't expect a feature complete alpha. That is nonsense. No one does. But the basic concept of a god game should be godly content, not more buildings and buildings and no godly content at all. Useless god game content like some powers that exist in city building simulations as well are no god game content. It's simply the wrong development direction for the advertised kickstarter campaign. 

Most people supported The Universim because of the promised new god game, but this game develops right to a plain and stupid rts builder we have enough of.

So best regards.

@Kerby84

I was mostly talking about the people on twitter who havent backed nor even played the game who are expecting a full release with unrealistic expectations (and yes even some kickstart backers who expect a FULL game on Aug 28th - which won't happen unless V0.0.25 is a REAL hobbled down version of what they are really working on).. but if v0.0.25 is ALL they had actually coded by April.. well then what you will get on Aug 28th will be a more "robust alpha test" than you have now.

And also this really IS normal for a game. It's just that most games, gamers do NOT see a game  through the entire process of development. Most gamers just hear about a game, then maybe see a review from a beta test done 2-3 months before release and then they buy it or dont buy it.

Most companies come up with a concept, and often times that concept does not make it through to the final game (often times because coding the concept is more challenging than originally thought or budgetary issues crop up - or both). You all are dealing with a smaller company that came up with a concept that would normally be made by a company like EA, Ubisoft, etc (50-100+ devs working on a game). So development, from a small company like this, actually would take 4-5+ years.

I dont need to have been here since 2014 to know what's going on. I've read the history. I've been designing and coding games since the 80s (1986 to be precise), and while, yes this does "suck", I assure you, it's very normal. I've worked for very large to independent studios over the years. I've also backed various smaller dev companies directly (as an angel investor) or via kickstarter, and what I'm seeing here has happened countless times. There's also many kickstarter games that fail and never get launched. Investing in anything is a risk. The only difference is kickstart backers don't see a monetary return on your investment. Typical game investors could care less about the game. They just want their money back with interest (this is how the gaming industry has worked for ages).. They just care if the game sells well...They don't care if the final product if different from the concept that was pitched...kickstart backers pose a unique "problem" because they want to be involved in every, single, tiny, step..  I'm not saying those expectations are wrong. I'm just saying they pose a challenge - mainly because most, not all, but most, kickstart backers have unrealistic expectations of software development. Most dev companies have the freedom to go ANYWHERE with a game.. but with kickstart backers, they kind of get forced into the direction of the concept, and if they have issues making the game like the concept... well drama happens.

The above being said....From what I've read, they could have communicated to the kickstarter people, a lot more and better, along the way as to why the direction has changed (or appears to have changed) and where they plan to go. That's the biggest criticism I could give them as they should know kickstart backers want to be involved and be testers along the way.

Also keep in mind that they may reserve a LOT of features for internal testing. V.0.0.25 may be JUST the coding branch they show to the public for testing while a lot of other features remain internal only on a different coding branch. I hope this is the case because it would mean a much more robust version in august. They did hint at this in the stream. Now whether that's fact or PR hype is another story.

As far as a "god game".. well look at black and white. I've played all of them. B&W was very much a "building simulation" game with a LOT of resource management, but it was also a god game - one of the best God games ever made. In fact, every god game I've played are both to a degree. The "god" aspects are really easy to implement into the game. TBH the building simulation would be one of the more difficult things to code, and they already have almost all the god powers in the game. They need to refine those powers, and add in things like editing the world via raising and lowering land, letting players add water (lakes etc). Then they need to add the ability to "colonize" other planets and maybe have alien races as a "disaster" to attack planets. Right now the game is "sloppy", and with the pace they are going, I don't see them getting a TRULY finished product until 2019 unless, like I said above, unless they are keeping a version to themselves that they are not showing anyone (which they did hint at).

I hope this helps. I'm not trying to bash you, or the developers. I'm just trying to give you, and other people a realistic take on things.

20 hours ago, TallBear said:

.... snip...

I get your point and agree to those things. But i think you should be more ungracious to the dev team itself. At least to the one responsible at  the ceo throne....

but I still disagree in some other points.

See Stonehearth from Radiant Entertainment. A kickstarted company as well.. and they are still in Alpha after five years but they communicate with their supporters and customers and it's a good game even if it's full of bugs and not even near feature completetion. I enjoy every unstable version because progress is made and the game gets better and better. Why? because they have a concept and stay true to the concept they advertised in kickstarter. A responsible supporter will accept delays and everything if the company is communicating in a good way and progress is made the way it was advertised. It does not matter how long it takes. Sure I'd prefer the game not to crash from time to time if i did not save something... but yes, the game will stay unfinished for a long time but better a longer development time than changing the concept because of mismanagement .

Crytivo seems like it has no concept at all... I think. They had the concept for the rts part. Yes Black and white had rts elements but the main focus was how you as a god manage those things with miracles and you had the power to do everything. The Universim was designed as rts game without the need of a god at all. God is a gimmick in this game. That was not intended and promoted. And the worst of all. The Crytivo Team has not a real concept at all for the godly gameplay of a god game. If they wanted to make a rts game i'd never back them. We have rts games a plenty. No need for a unninovative new one.

War for the overworld... they asked the community about many things and informed them about the progress and the game was a great success.

There are good developers and there are bad developers. Crytivo made really bad decisions over the years. The whole concept was simply wrong and mismanagement. Instead of focusing on the game crytivo store was announced... Instead of focusing on the advertised god game they introduced more rts buildings and degraded the god concept even more to a god heals buildings because the introduced mechanics which are useless anyway in a god game did not work. They simply did a bit of this and a bit of that. No clear concept, no communication a bit of self-infatuation in the ceo area. 

GODUS. He did what he wanted to do and failed and deserved it.

If a company want's to do it's own thing great. They need to search for investors elsewhere. If a company want's to develop a game and give informations about the development process at least and a clear "what's planned and what features will be and won't be in the game" to the supporters - they are great for kickstarter. If a company has no real clue what to do and only a slight vision and no real working prototype... they should avoid kickstarter like the devil and search for other investors. I fear Crytivo is the last one. a slight vision... "we want to do a god game but have no clue about gameplay..." and then game was funded... and oh... okay we do a rts.

You get the point.

The god powers are useless. They are gimmicks. As I said. Cities skylines has desasters too. That does not mean it's a god game. The whole gameplay is evolving about more resource management. And no. The resource management in Black and white was Food, mana and wood (and ore in b&w2). Very simple, very intuitive and of course The player had the ability to be a god because the game was designed around being a god and not a unmighty nugget keeper. The whole sytem will repeat on different planets if the base concept is already broken.

They shouldn't advertise it as god game. It's not a god game and it can't be one ever because the game basic is rts. 

No the only new features are new buildings and a new era with a shift system. That is or is not introduced in august. I don't care. It's more from not godly gameplay. I supported the advertised god game. This won't be a god game ever because the ground gameplay is a boring rts. This ist a shift simulator :-)

Oh and another kickstarter winner because they have a concept, communicate the concept and are true to their concept:

Foundation: An organic medieval city builer game. Three people which released a great working alpha to streamers a month after kickstarter finished with only 3333 supporters. And it's already more stable than the universim after nearly 4 years... 

@TallBear Maybe you should work for Crytivo to assist the project and make things better. You seem to know many things about proper programming instead of the CEO which is mostly a designer like Molyneux in his 22cans time. ;) I'd take a paid job as designer for god game design at Crytivo ;) 

Well, I'll just quote Ron Gilbert here  (source)

Zitat

Budget, Scope and Schedule

I can't help but wonder if how to keep indie dev from not working themselves to death has more to do with learning how to budget, scope and schedule.

Thimbleweed Park (a kickstarted project) was around 6 months late and no one crunched beyond a weekend here and there. How did we do that?

We scoped, budgeted and scheduled.

We fucked up a lot of things, crunching was not one of them. It would be nice if the press talked about all the projects that are doing things right, rather than focus on...

oh nevermind.... what am I thinking.

It's a crime that so many Kickstarter projects are asking for far less money than they need to finish. It's unlikely they did serious scheduling and budgeting. Or maybe they did and said, "fuck it". That's a problem.

I've talked to a few indie devs that didn't ask for enough money to finish and they say "But we wouldn't get to make the game otherwise." Yeah, OK, fair, but then don't complain when you kill yourself in the process.

It's a big problem that indies can't raise realistic amounts of money to build games. It's a horrible cycle and I've stopped backing Kickstarters where they are not asking for a realistic amount.

Not a week goes by that I don't run into an indie dev that is jumping headlong into a project and they haven't done any serious budgeting and scheduling. The ugly truth is: if they did (and were honest) they would never start.

Maybe that's not all bad.

Oooof. This place is just dead.That's disappointing...

Criticism from twitter followers. ;) Is the rising star already sinking before launch date? ;)

7 257 600 seconds
120 960 minutes
2016 hours
84 days
12 weeks

until Steam Alpha release and there is nothing better to do than to redesign the eatery? for the worse? ;) 

oh and of course visiting the e3 again... 

On 5/27/2018 at 5:53 PM, TallBear said:

@Kerby84

I hope this helps. I'm not trying to bash you, or the developers. I'm just trying to give you, and other people a realistic take on things.

Thank you for that, completely agree!  :emoticon-00137-clapping:

On 7.6.2018 at 8:54 AM, rraccoonn said:
On 7.6.2018 at 8:54 AM, rraccoonn said:

@Kerby84

Thank you for that, completely agree!  :emoticon-00137-clapping:

I reveal the dishonesty that seems to be part of some elements of the dev team. Broken Kickstarter promises and misleading advertising through the funding campaign.

The realistic take on things is: The Universim was funded as god game. 

Crytivo promised during Kickstarter:

We have already promised to keep you guys in the loop and build the game alongside you, and we plan to stick to this promise from here on out. We take your feedback seriously and we always listen carefully to what you have to say. 

Broken promise. In fact they developed what they wanted. And community said... No we don't want that much micromanagement. Well the base game was already destroyed and the god game concept crippeled down. So they introduce half hearthed things into the game.

Crytivo promised during Kickstarter:

There is no need to worry about micromanaging your citizens as they will take care of themselves to the best of their ability. But, to sate your curiosity, you will have a handy News System at your disposal that will keep you updated about all major events occurring in the game. This is particularly helpful when your civilization spans across multiple planets!

During Kickstarter funding there have been made many promises to collect money. More strechgoals for a unfinished game withouth a real concept. Object and Planet Editors were promised because of public demand to collect more money. Once Kickstarter was successfull the true aimlessness was revealed. More and more strechgoals were introduced to collect even more money on their own site.

The Live News System

Singularity (former known as iRobot)

Oh and not to forget the "lovely" Gobbets nobody asked for but were worked on. But thankfully not introduced.
924d3c00126278c44c19aefc0ecb3d29_origina

There was no transparency at all. Most of the time the community had no idea how many people work for Crytivo full time. Except the CEO of course...  And no concept. Crytivo seems to be the playground of some grown up childs that have no clue about developing a game. More and more things were promised and maybe the No Man's Sky fall will hit this game too.

The time for kind constructive feedback is over. I tried to be supportive and nice over all those years. They did what they wanted. It's still their game so if they want to fail it's not my problem. I'm in sarcastic mode. Things that other people say now have been said years ago but no one listened. But it is still nice to know they are some optimists left. ;-) And yes I'm aware that I repeat parts over and over again. But situaiton hasn't changed yet. ;) 

The Universim still has no full time Community Manager instead they use volunteering backsers, especially Mirror and most of the communication is made trough Twitter pictures. ;) 

"If our Kickstarter campaign is successful, we plan to release the Alpha as soon as possible. Hopefully before the end of this year (2014). The speed of development depends on the amount raised here on Kickstarter. The more we are able to raise, the bigger the team we can afford and the faster we can develop. We expect the Early Beta phase to follow a few months after this. The Steam exclusive beta will commence near the end of the beta phase to do a final test before launch."

HAHAHAHAH

So since they raised what they needed...there is no excuse for the time...in all seriousness. 

Speaking of The Universim, it’s been quite the year, hasn’t it?

-Kickstarter Update December 22, 2016

~~~

"You all probably know and have been following the project called No Man's Sky. We were really excited to see our fellow Indie Developers develop the game that a lot of people were dreaming about. Unfortunately, it looks like the release didn't go quite to plan and the game has come under fire for various reasons. While We won't call The Universim similar game to No Man's Sky, we would like to know your opinion regarding what you think went right or wrong with No Man's Sky, and how things could be fixed or could have been handled better. The indie community is constantly evolving and we strive to learn from our mistakes, build on our successes and make sure that our users are happy. We'd also like to open this up to discussions about other indie releases that you've had a chance to play in the past 6 months. Let us know what worked and what didn't. We'd hope the Hello Games developers quick and speedy recovery and wish them the best in future endeavors!"

-Kickstarter Update August 29, 2016

b4b1ed90d9b84163ad99b351b5033c2eefc8949a

7201f19a0b03ad926c78265f47699477ed7aa59b

Really? I wouldn't take real world references for The Universim unless I can kill them  ;)  In this case I have some special wishes....  and a sacrifice altar is needed. ;) and NO GOD MAIL SYSTEM.

Steam Update

Not an expert on marketing but, tagging another game to promote Prehistoric kingdom? Isn't that a big NO NO Crytivo and a bit unprofessional?