SnorlaxRae

The Price of Godhood: Power Costs

Preface: I understand that the god aspect of the game will be addressed in later patches but I wanted to share my thoughts at this stage of development.

Rejuvenate - At the low, low cost of 1+ faith per person/building it trivializes injuries, sickness and building degradation. (* Currently reads as needing only 1 point though it's a variable amount.)

Trickle Effect - At a high cost of 100 it's almost useless. With the elevated rate of fires and the slow gain of faith points it's rare that it can be used for halting fires.

Jolt of Joy - For a single shot gift of a good day 100 points is a bit steep.

Telekinesis - Another power whose cost seems to be a bit low at 2 points. I would raise the cost a bit and add the ability to throw animals..

Le Cupidom - 20 points seems reasonable but to tell the truth I honestly have not found a use for this power given you can't really tell who needs to fall in love still and who doesn't (unless I've missed something).

Windstorm - 650 points seems really high for this ability when a Tornado costs the same.

Tornado - Seems balanced for a destructive ability.

Fire - The price of 1 point seems really low for a destructive ability.

Kickstart - This ability either does not function or isn't clear enough about what it is supposed to do. Either way, it still takes 1 point per use though Nugget stats do not change.

4 hours ago, SnorlaxRae said:

Hiya, just going to respond with my own 2 cents to each point. :)

Rejuvenate - At the low, low cost of 1+ faith per person/building it trivializes injuries, sickness and building degradation. (* Currently reads as needing only 1 point though it's a variable amount.) 
At the moment engineers (and grave diggers) are really ineffectual and they're working on fixing that, for now though I think they keep it cheap so we can keep on top of what Nuggets currently can't. I've certainly de-prioritised hospitals and engineer huts due to this ability though so no doubt it will need to be rebalanced once the nuggets can do their job.

Trickle Effect - At a high cost of 100 it's almost useless. With the elevated rate of fires and the slow gain of faith points it's rare that it can be used for halting fires.
I only speak for myself but I've only had 1 forest fire appear since the update released. You might be getting the short end of the stick. However, it can also be used to fill wells (I think), reservoirs and lakes quite effectively. I think in that sense, it justifies the higher cost. Given how lucky I've been getting with fires though that might just be me.

I've found that nuggets take a long while to start getting sad and ages to become depressed. Once unlocked, 2 entertainment buildings are more than enough for a population of 100+ so jolt of joy is mostly uneccessary. For that alone I think lowering the cost is a good idea, just to make it more enticing instead of ignored.

Telekinesis - Another power whose cost seems to be a bit low at 2 points. I would raise the cost a bit and add the ability to throw animals..
This kind of branches back to engineers and grave diggers not working very well. Until they are better at doing their jobs the lower cost works as you can dispose of bodies by launching them into space. Crude but effective. I'd love to launch animals though. Wolf attacks are a bit too over powered so some divine intervention, launching a wolf to the moon would really be appreciated. Back to the main point, once grave diggers are better a rebalance could be in order.

Le Cupidom - 20 points seems reasonable but to tell the truth I honestly have not found a use for this power given you can't really tell who needs to fall in love still and who doesn't (unless I've missed something). This power was implemented around about when Nugget breeding stats were all out of whack. It was an attempt to to help maintain a population. Now that it's been redone and balanced it's more just a way to interact with Nuggets but doesn't really add much. In my humble opinion I don't see much point in the power at all.

Windstorm - 650 points seems really high for this ability when a Tornado costs the same.
Keep in mind it's a planet wide disaster so a big price tag makes sense to me.

I've tried starting planet wide forest fires but each click in dense forest only gets 2-4 trees before going out. Has that been the same for you? With a result like that, I wouldn't want to pay much though.

Kickstart - This ability either does not function or isn't clear enough about what it is supposed to do. Either way, it still takes 1 point per use though Nugget stats do not change.
Kickstart doesn't refill stats, it makes a nugget temporarily work at maximum efficiency despite it's low stats. This also means it doesn't work better than normal, just at normal. Maybe the targeted nugget is already working fine and that's why you're not seeing a difference?

These are just my thoughts on it based on my own game play so ignore me if you want. :)

Thank you for the reply! I had no idea Windstorm was planetwide (I've never managed to get more than 200 points to cast it) but the explanation made it sound like something far less dangerous on the information beside the power. The effect Kickstart was supposed to have wasn't very clear to me. It seemed to mean a stamina refill so very good to know, thanks! Sadly I have been getting a lot of fires over a handful of maps. Perhaps my poor Nuggets aren't too bright when it comes to cooking. I do see the reasoning behind the high cost now that I account for it's other excellent uses. And omg, wolves are pure evil. I lost nearly half my population one winter, despite defense towers, and as a god I was powerless to protect them in the least. Every winter I lose several Nuggets to roaming packs and no amount of towers seems to prevent the loss. The wolves are killed after they kill someone(s) and left to roam free before that into the city like they own the place, lol.

Happy to help, I /kind of/ like how effective the animal attacks are for the one reason it gives us something to work for instead of just automatically having flawless defense but aside from that they're absolutely awful. :P

On 5/7/2018 at 3:10 PM, SnorlaxRae said:

Preface: I understand that the god aspect of the game will be addressed in later patches but I wanted to share my thoughts at this stage of development.

Le Cupidom - 20 points seems reasonable but to tell the truth I honestly have not found a use for this power given you can't really tell who needs to fall in love still and who doesn't (unless I've missed something).

On 5/7/2018 at 7:33 PM, Lissa Gloom said:

Sorry for the late response. We were a little bit busy here with all of the things. Thank you Lissa for clarifying every aspect for SnorlaxRae. You are 100% correct. Currently the cost is lowered drastically because we had some issues with AI that is not necessarily your fault and we wanted to provide you tools that can help you to fight with some of the issues. Currently a lot of AI issues are being fixed and you can expect completely different balance in regards to the Creator Points and the cost for each power. 

Sincerely,

Sasha