threeheaded monkey

[TWITTER] "Should we add Residential building interiors?"

Should Crytivo add residential interior to the Universim?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should Crytivo add residential interior to the Universim?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I don't care.

According to the most recent tweet about the Universim, the studio is considering to add interior to the nugget's buildings and asking their followers about it.

I think those of us who aren't following twitter that frequently should also have the opportunity to participate.

What is the idea behind that @Sasha?   What are  you guys hoping could interior add to the game?

2 hours ago, threeheaded monkey said:

What is the idea behind that @Sasha?   What are  you guys hoping could interior add to the game?

We just exploring different options and ideas. Currently we are thinking how to make you guys more involved in the nuggets lives. 

Hm. The Universim(S)? lol

Sorry, that just ultimately came to my mind while looking at these concepts. (Humans, we will always  compare things with eachother,heh)

Is the idea about having the ability to change the interior?

Or  to  "just"  take a closer look  at their homes and workshops and such? Some sort of  information- panel?

9 hours ago, Sasha said:

We just exploring different options and ideas. Currently we are thinking how to make you guys more involved in the nuggets lives. 

Its great that you are being creative about it. But maybe not focus on "silly" things that adds to the scope? It is SO weird that a small team like this spends time on ideas like this when you have more core stuff to worry about. 

When you "finish" the game, thats when you can think about adding stuff like this. If you keep this up, you will burn trough the funds of dev in 5 minutes. 

That's what I'm talking about. This is the official forum. Such things should be postet here. Thanks @threeheaded monkey.

And yes. It seems a bit... unnecessary at this point of development when other problems are pending. Later with a graphic updatade... maybe.  

I like it as an artistic sort of thing. Maybe if you click on a hut it opens up to that with the info displayed over the top, basically have the art as a background. That said, if there's a way to make it interactive and give it a point that'd be cool too.

On 5/5/2018 at 3:15 AM, Lissa Gloom said:

I like it as an artistic sort of thing. Maybe if you click on a hut it opens up to that with the info displayed over the top, basically have the art as a background. That said, if there's a way to make it interactive and give it a point that'd be cool too.

I love this idea. Seeing the interior on a game level just seems 'too much' at this point when there's so much that needs addressing in other aspects. Having an interior picture icon in the info box, as we do with the Nuggets themselves, would be much better and very welcomed.

I hope it's not just me, but the first tought that crossed my mind was Nuggets Reproduction Process:))

I love this idea and think its a great way to see whats going on in those little nugget homes, but i completely agree with the majority and ask, can this be done at a later date? It seems (myself mostly) that we would prefer to have a playable somewhat complete game with content rather than extra little graphics that from what i can see plays no real role in the actual game play.  In saying that i would love to see this idea eventually implemented when the core game is complete. Also i voice the concern over using twitter for these votes (mostly because i feel left out as i dont have twitter and love participating in the evolution of this game). Keep up the good work and these ideas! :D

I like the idea but, as someone else said before : maybe it's something to add after the game is "finished".

There are surely more important things to add to the game before :-)

I'm still going back and forth on wether I "like it", or not. My first thought and thus my vote was:

No, that's literally the wrong direction! 

We've been talking so much about micromanagement recently that " nuggets' interior" just seemed ( and somewhat still seems) to be wrong.

But this also depends on the gameplay .

While I like the idea of having it as a panel background, I'm absolutely against anything that would just lead to more micromanagement stuff and a like.

throw it in the "scope creep" bin and look at it later on when you're looking to do content upgrades after release 

This is a "god" game.. not a "the sims" game... typically god games manage a PLANET.. not the day to day lives of the people.. therefor, I don't see a need for building interiors.. imo that's one of the LAST things you devs should be asking.. And the name "unversim" implies you are managing the universe (multiple planets, etc) in various solar systems in the galaxy... currently right now, v0.0.25 is "the planet sim".. actually it's more like the "city sim".

We can't even modify the planet yet (raise and lower land), add and remove lakes, mountains, trees (well you can remove trees)... We can't even interact with the animals etc..

.. instead you devs should be working on the overall game, colonizing other planets... etc (making the game into what was advertized, etc) before looking at "cosmetic" stuff like looking at building interiors. Building interiors is looking "too small" at the overall game. Right now, it should be more like "lets look at the BIG picture" get that all working and implemented THEN look at the small stuff.

It's just me, but if *I* coded this game.. I would have put in multiple planets, etc FIRST.. I would have defined the scope of "the universe", added the planets and THEN worked smaller and smaller... coding the game from one solo planet and going to all this detail and micromanaging it seems to be the OPPOSITE direction of the way the game was originally intended... but that's just my line of thinking (and speaking from coding games since the late 80s). Id have coded the universe (galaxy), solar systems, planets, etc (or give the player the option to MAKE them) all on a MACROscopic level.. THEN I would delv depeer and let players "zoom" into planets to micro manage things

Once a planet hits the space age, the planet sim should "end" and that planet should output xxxx resources that you can use on other planets... or if it needs something, you should be able to supply it from another planet... if this isn't the way the game is going the devs should rethink the name and/or the overall concept of the game imo.

Voted "no".
This is the wrong direction. We, the player, as time progresses should be focusing on the bigger picture not the smaller individual nugget level. 

Fun fact: The studio has been asking this in August 2017 already.

I agree with everyone here, this is absolutely not something the devs should be focussing on right now. Other than that, I think I would look at it once, think "Hey that's cute" and then zoom out again.