Sasha

Research Prototype Panel

Prototypes  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Which prototype you like the most?

• I like the 1st Prototype
    • I like the 2nd Prototype
    • I like the 3rd Prototype
    • I like the current way of research
    • I don't like any of them. I have a better I idea and I provided my version.

Am 20.6.2018 um 18:57 schrieb Sasha:

Today / Tomorrow I will show the current research tree shape :) So stay tuned 

Ok, so which of all the research prototypes you are working on is the most recent one? :mellow:

I'm kinda confused about this  ,so:

image.png

Still need some connection / height adjustment and addition of some perks that are not "main", but it is getting bigger. 

1 hour ago, threeheaded monkey said:

Ok, so which of all the research prototypes you are working on is the most recent one? :mellow:

I'm kinda confused about this  ,so:

This is something that we are testing on the side. Not main, but currently exploring the possibility of multiple trees (multiple branches of the research) Similar to something that you were mentioning. 

I like both designs. somehow. As long as you keep a logic progression. ;) 

On 6/22/2018 at 11:34 PM, Kerby84 said:

I like both designs. somehow. As long as you keep a logic progression. ;) 

We are doing our best to achieve that. Can't promise that it will be completely done for steam, since it requires work that we did not plan, but this is something that we will be improving as we go. 

DibMmW_V4AEmvds.jpg:large

I like the new design. @Sasha

On 7/23/2018 at 2:33 AM, Kerby84 said:

DibMmW_V4AEmvds.jpg:large

I like the new design. @Sasha

Hey Kerby, thanks :)

We think that it looks and feels great. We really can't wait for you guys to test it and let us know how you feel about it. 

1 hour ago, Sasha said:

Hey Kerby, thanks :)

We think that it looks and feels great. We really can't wait for you guys to test it and let us know how you feel about it. 

I'll see it in the first time in the steam build then.. You are aware of my chronic NDA allergy so unfortunately I'm unable to help you test it in the QA build. :-) But I'll let you know what I think about it once it is released. :) 

21 hours ago, Kerby84 said:

I'll see it in the first time in the steam build then.. You are aware of my chronic NDA allergy so unfortunately I'm unable to help you test it in the QA build. :-) But I'll let you know what I think about it once it is released. :) 

I don't think we will have an NDA (not 100% confirmed, but most likely). We wanted to have an NDA because of the Narration in the game.  If everyone would release a video of the story, I hope you would agree that nobody would be interested in the story after hearing and seeing it once already. It is like a movie spoiler :P  Unfortunately some parts of the story need some work, so we will be releasing it in chapters after Steam update. This way everyone can enjoy. 

1 hour ago, Sasha said:

snip

I watched Titanic even I knew the ship is going to collide with an iceberg and anybody knows the end. The old lady drops the diamond. ;)  But the movie was great. ;) And I think The Universim has more to offer than a single playtrough, don't you think? ^^

Send me a pm if you want me ;)  withouth an NDA of course ;) 

6 minutes ago, Kerby84 said:

I watched Titanic even I knew the ship is going to collide with an iceberg and anybody knows the end. The old lady drops the diamond. ;)  But the movie was great. ;) And I think The Universim has more to offer than a single playtrough, don't you think? ^^

Send me a pm if you want me ;)  withouth an NDA of course ;) 

Well to counter your example: Detroit: Become Human. Is a great game, but the whole game was ruined and spoiled before the release date. When it came out, nobody was interested in the game since they could easily just watch a youtube video.  A lot of companies right now are very concerned about that and some companies take different approach on their release because of that. You never know how it will go. 

4 minutes ago, Sasha said:

Well to counter your example: Detroit: Become Human. Is a great game, but the whole game was ruined and spoiled before the release date. When it came out, nobody was interested in the game since they could easily just watch a youtube video.  A lot of companies right now are very concerned about that and some companies take different approach on their release because of that. You never know how it will go. 

Yes I understand your point. Nothing serious to talk about. But those games had no replayability... And that's the thing behind a game... Is it worth because of it's gameplay or an interactive movie? See Two Point Hospital as an example... They really spoil the youtube channels now but nobody want's to see a yt video... people want to play it themselves. :) I think The Universim has more than a (maybe good story) to offer. :) Be a bit proud of your own game. :) 

3 minutes ago, Kerby84 said:

Yes I understand your point. Nothing serious to talk about. But those games had no replayability... And that's the thing behind a game... Is it worth because of it's gameplay or an interactive movie? See Two Point Hospital as an example... They really spoil the youtube channels now but nobody want's to see a yt video... people want to play it themselves. :) I think The Universim has more than a (maybe good story) to offer. :) Be a bit proud of your own game. :) 

It definitely does and as we progress it will have more and more stuff. I believe that people will love to play the game even without the story, but story will be a blockbuster. It is already 60-70% written and it should be amazing :)  I see your point clearly as well. There is no write or wrong answer. I think you have a valid point as well.