Jump to content
Sasha

Research Prototype Panel

Prototypes  

104 members have voted

  1. 1. Which prototype you like the most?

    • I like the 1st Prototype
      5
    • I like the 2nd Prototype
      13
    • I like the 3rd Prototype
      82
    • I like the current way of research
      4
    • I don't like any of them. I have a better I idea and I provided my version.
      0


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, rraccoonn said:

I think this is what you sign up for when you support a game from the start to be honest. Just seeing this progress for me shows that they got us involved at the very start of the design process of this technology tree, rather than showing minor adjustments and asking for a vote on that....

 

4 hours ago, KittHaven said:

This is exactly the thought I have reading some of the slightly aggressive comments sometimes haha... :mellow:

 

They only asked because some asked them in the forums. They did not really ask for years but did their thing without community interaction. :)  As I said. This game has a long development time already (funded on Kickstarter May 24th, 2014) and the development direction was/is simply wrong for the advertised god game in Kickstarter. You both @rraccoonn (joined December 23rd, 2017) and @KittHaven(joined March 25th, 2018) are new to The Universim and did not see the advertised Kickstarter god game aspects. You saw the already crippled god game aspect where god is degraded to a building placer. It's great that you both are enthusiastic and optimistic. Every forum needs both sides. Optimism and realism. It's great that you make suggestions. (Which have already been made over and over again and fast responses you see now are a direct result of others expressing their thoughts of bad community contact. So you benefit from others that build the communication road.)  And yes, a sarcastic undertone is needed if a game is advertised as god game in Kickstarter (while they collect money) and suddenly they change the concept after kickstarter is finished and develop a pretty god less godgame. So it's normal to ask why a called god game has mostly features as base gameplay that exclude godly gameplay. There was no (and is most of the time) still no information exchange what is planned to improve godly gameplay.

 

So thank you for being optimistic, but realism and critizism is needed as well. Otherwise optimism will be destroyed soon. Reference: GODUS.

 

Btw. I don't know if you've turned on signatures in the forum so i repeat my signature here which is a Quote from Kickstarter during the funding process.

 

There is no need to worry about micromanaging your citizens as they will take care of themselves to the best of their ability. But, to sate your curiosity, you will have a handy News System at your disposal that will keep you updated about all major events occurring in the game. This is particularly helpful when your civilization spans across multiple planets!

-Alexander Koshelkov CEO Crytivo, Kickstarter Update May 12th 2014 Source: Kickstarter Page

 

This is the exact opposite of the actual gameplay development which added more and more micromanagement over time to keep the player busy and try to cover up missing gameplay mechanics.

 

A different promise during Kickstarter was:

We have some more exciting news to share with you today regarding the future of The Universim! We have already promised to keep you guys in the loop and build the game alongside you, and we plan to stick to this promise from here on out. We take your feedback seriously and we always listen carefully to what you have to say. We are finally ready to share a new community event that everyone can participate in! Introducing the Community Labs! Source: Kickstarter Page

 

Community Labs  were introduced but then later deleted. Why? The Universim never had a full time Community Manager. Community manager @Mirror is a volunteer that backed The Universim in Kickstarter as well. She sacrificed her time to care about the community.

 

So stay true to you optimism but rest assured there needs to be realism voice too to protect your optimism.

 

Best wishes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rraccoonn said:

 

It's called iteration? I'm presuming they've tested several things and because of programmability/aesthetics changes had to be made. Obviously they will be picking whatever they think is best for the game, and when building the one that was "picked" by the community they might run into problems that require changing things. I think this is what you sign up for when you support a game from the start to be honest. Just seeing this progress for me shows that they got us involved at the very start of the design process of this technology tree, rather than showing minor adjustments and asking for a vote on that. Getting to vote about one of the earlier iterations gives you a lot more power as less is set in stone yet. I agree that some features of the game still require some major attention at this point (maybe more than you would expect from a game that they have been building for so long) but sometimes we should also acknowledge that this is a very small team trying to build a very big game in a very small amount of time. Just cut the designers a break sometimes and trust that they know what they're doing! Judge when you actually experience the thing.

 

 

There is no tech difference in what he posted and what was voted, literally.

 

Very big game in a very small amount of time? Come on, dont be so gullible. In order to have the kickstarter they've had to have some tech ready, but no. They've done concept art for the middle ages in 2017 (sometimes even the stone age)  and beginning of 2018, thats is literally the first time you have seen some concepts from the ages (except maybe a few instances), dont you really ask yourself what they have spent their time on since 2014? And dont tell me the "its a very complicated game" stuff, there is another similar game being made by less people and its even further along then this. 

 

Game wont be in full version until at LEAST 2022 at this rate with what was promised, and thats  just being realistic and comparing with other games and team sizes. If you can afford traveling to all conventions with great setups and spending time on publishing, you could afford tech artists way earlier. Its not aggressive to actually expect something from developers who spouts "fair gaming and trust". Specially since they help with tech stuff on Prehistoric Kingdom as announced by them. (Think its easy porting to consoles?)

 

"Crytivo will be helping us with the back-end, technical, and business side of game development – ultimately pushing us to a number of new platforms and venues that we could have only dreamt of achieving by ourselves. Because of their involvement, our consumer outreach has increased astronomically, the game will be translated into six different languages, previous fantasies like console ports aren’t entirely out of the question, we have a booth at numerous conventions, and we now have a close relationship with people that have an equal passion for the project."

 

Regarding the prototype tree, they said "we will go for this with slight modification" and then there is a new one posted on twitter just out of the blue. (and btw, the new design looks really bad tbh, the one that was voted is way more streamlined and clean)

 

Other than that, I commend you for keeping your cool. :) I respect that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kerby84 said:

 

 

They only asked because some asked them in the forums. They did not really ask for years but did their thing without community interaction. :)  As I said. This game has a long development time already (funded on Kickstarter May 24th, 2014) and the development direction was/is simply wrong for the advertised god game in Kickstarter. You both @rraccoonn (joined December 23rd, 2017) and @KittHaven(joined March 25th, 2018) are new to The Universim and did not see the advertised Kickstarter god game aspects. You saw the already crippled god game aspect where god is degraded to a building placer. It's great that you both are enthusiastic and optimistic. Every forum needs both sides. Optimism and realism. It's great that you make suggestions. (Which have already been made over and over again and fast responses you see now are a direct result of others expressing their thoughts of bad community contact. So you benefit from others that build the communication road.)  And yes, a sarcastic undertone is needed if a game is advertised as god game in Kickstarter (while they collect money) and suddenly they change the concept after kickstarter is finished and develop a pretty god less godgame. So it's normal to ask why a called god game has mostly features as base gameplay that exclude godly gameplay. There was no (and is most of the time) still no information exchange what is planned to improve godly gameplay.

 

So thank you for being optimistic, but realism and critizism is needed as well. Otherwise optimism will be destroyed soon. Reference: GODUS.

 

Btw. I don't know if you've turned on signatures in the forum so i repeat my signature here which is a Quote from Kickstarter during the funding process.

 

There is no need to worry about micromanaging your citizens as they will take care of themselves to the best of their ability. But, to sate your curiosity, you will have a handy News System at your disposal that will keep you updated about all major events occurring in the game. This is particularly helpful when your civilization spans across multiple planets!

-Alexander Koshelkov CEO Crytivo, Kickstarter Update May 12th 2014 Source: Kickstarter Page

 

This is the exact opposite of the actual gameplay development which added more and more micromanagement over time to keep the player busy and try to cover up missing gameplay mechanics.

 

A different promise during Kickstarter was:

We have some more exciting news to share with you today regarding the future of The Universim! We have already promised to keep you guys in the loop and build the game alongside you, and we plan to stick to this promise from here on out. We take your feedback seriously and we always listen carefully to what you have to say. We are finally ready to share a new community event that everyone can participate in! Introducing the Community Labs! Source: Kickstarter Page

 

Community Labs  were introduced but then later deleted. Why? The Universim never had a full time Community Manager. Community manager @Mirror is a volunteer that backed The Universim in Kickstarter as well. She sacrificed her time to care about the community.

 

So stay true to you optimism but rest assured there needs to be realism voice too to protect your optimism.

 

Best wishes.

 

1 hour ago, Izar_Morghuliz said:

 

 

There is no tech difference in what he posted and what was voted, literally.

 

Very big game in a very small amount of time? Come on, dont be so gullible. In order to have the kickstarter they've had to have some tech ready, but no. They've done concept art for the middle ages in 2017 (sometimes even the stone age)  and beginning of 2018, thats is literally the first time you have seen some concepts from the ages (except maybe a few instances), dont you really ask yourself what they have spent their time on since 2014? And dont tell me the "its a very complicated game" stuff, there is another similar game being made by less people and its even further along then this. 

 

Game wont be in full version until at LEAST 2022 at this rate with what was promised, and thats  just being realistic and comparing with other games and team sizes. If you can afford traveling to all conventions with great setups and spending time on publishing, you could afford tech artists way earlier. Its not aggressive to actually expect something from developers who spouts "fair gaming and trust". Specially since they help with tech stuff on Prehistoric Kingdom as announced by them. (Think its easy porting to consoles?)

 

"Crytivo will be helping us with the back-end, technical, and business side of game development – ultimately pushing us to a number of new platforms and venues that we could have only dreamt of achieving by ourselves. Because of their involvement, our consumer outreach has increased astronomically, the game will be translated into six different languages, previous fantasies like console ports aren’t entirely out of the question, we have a booth at numerous conventions, and we now have a close relationship with people that have an equal passion for the project."

 

Regarding the prototype tree, they said "we will go for this with slight modification" and then there is a new one posted on twitter just out of the blue. (and btw, the new design looks really bad tbh, the one that was voted is way more streamlined and clean)

 

Other than that, I commend you for keeping your cool. :) I respect that. 

 

Hey guys, don't get me wrong. I am disappointed by the pace at which this is progressing too. Even though I only 'backed' the game about eight months ago (Sep 2017), I haven't seen much progress since I joined. More so, the game has become unplayable on my Mac at this moment, which I'm pretty sad about. Like you said, I'm trying to keep positive and am still looking forward for what is to come. From what I understand from their website, they are currently effectively building this game with four people. I'm assuming they want to speed up the building of this game as much as possible too, as not much more money is still coming in for them. It's just that when I look at different people trying to get Kickstarter projects up and running I have seen that it can be a real struggle and the expectations from a community are really high.  Of course it makes sense that you want to involve the community and that the community wants to be involved, but in many cases this also requires extra time (you need to make mock-ups that are understandable enough for people in the community, which means that you are effectively building the same thing in three different ways, to then discard two of them). I agree that some more transparency on what is going on within the company/development team would be nice though, especially as there won't be many updates until the Steam release in August (of which I am still wondering whether it was the best idea). I just wanted to shed a light on how a design process goes and that there are many kinks to be found along the way that we do not necessarily see here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, rraccoonn said:

 

 

Hey guys, don't get me wrong. I am disappointed by the pace at which this is progressing too. Even though I only 'backed' the game about eight months ago (Sep 2017), I haven't seen much progress since I joined. More so, the game has become unplayable on my Mac at this moment, which I'm pretty sad about. Like you said, I'm trying to keep positive and am still looking forward for what is to come. From what I understand from their website, they are currently effectively building this game with four people. I'm assuming they want to speed up the building of this game as much as possible too, as not much more money is still coming in for them. It's just that when I look at different people trying to get Kickstarter projects up and running I have seen that it can be a real struggle and the expectations from a community are really high.  Of course it makes sense that you want to involve the community and that the community wants to be involved, but in many cases this also requires extra time (you need to make mock-ups that are understandable enough for people in the community, which means that you are effectively building the same thing in three different ways, to then discard two of them). I agree that some more transparency on what is going on within the company/development team would be nice though, especially as there won't be many updates until the Steam release in August (of which I am still wondering whether it was the best idea). I just wanted to shed a light on how a design process goes and that there are many kinks to be found along the way that we do not necessarily see here.

 

 

Mostly its because developers have unrealistic timeframes on release, specially when a dev has not made a game before, so on that part, it actually makes sense that they are late. Its just bad planning, and of course, increasing scope with silly things and change stuff in the last minute. 

 

Players only go by what they are told and what it says on kickstarter, because thats what they (we) base our info on. Most dont even know the hard road of development, literally every single game made gets pushed as well. The problem is..its still alpha and tbh thats just silly at this point. 

 

Actually really glad you are optimistic and positive, it rubs off hehe :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gobbets, anyone?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Progress has been made.

 

 

 

Hm. Not quite sure about the sequence of the research though. In my opinion the well should be researched before the waterwheel and the resevoir. Also, regarding hunting,agriculture and fishing, why should the nuggets grasp cooking beforehand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, threeheaded monkey said:

Progress has been made.

 

 

 

Hm. Not quite sure about the sequence of the research though. In my opinion the well should be researched before the waterwheel and the resevoir. Also, regarding hunting,agriculture and fishing, why should the nuggets grasp cooking beforehand?

Try to think from every single angle. Every building requires water. If there is no pump, buildings won't be working. On the other hand well is something that is not necessarily needed immediately. If you do not have well, nuggets can go to the ocean and drink from it. If they get the infection, you have the healing god power to fight it. Think also in terms of what you need 100% and asap and what is more or less optional. I do understand what you mean, when you are saying that well should go before everything else, but this is just the view from one angle. I hope that brings some light about choices. If you have different ideas about how we can approach, I will gladly read them. Also, keep in mind that we have limited time and we can't add new mechanics for every single new perk. Think how we can utilize things that are already in the game first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, threeheaded monkey said:

why should the nuggets grasp cooking beforehand?

Yummy jam from collected berries of course :)

 

@Sasha I'm not sure about the god concept. As I mentioned in the other topic... I'd love to see a idea for real choices. Will research trees be seperated? a different for godly research? if not... i have a suggestion... really quick made in power point so excuse me. ;-)

 

I like the idea to choose at least at the beginning for one or the other side... replayability is guaranteed this way... if you decide to give them faith they believe in you and you can build faith buildings. if you decide to give them self awareness they are allowed to care about them alone more or less.... so

 

idee.thumb.jpg.1567c08f9f8efb3983dbd3acf5eb1203.jpg

 

2 minutes ago, Sasha said:

Try to think from every single angle. Every building requires water. If there is no pump, buildings won't be working.

 

but buildings require the knowledge to build things first instead of only digging holes into the ground for a simple well. and stone huts have fire and warmth in it to protect the nuggets... so fire needs to be researched first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Kerby84 said:

Yummy jam from collected berries of course :)

 

@Sasha I'm not sure about the god concept. As I mentioned in the other topic... I'd love to see a idea for real choices. Will research trees be seperated? a different for godly research? if not... i have a suggestion... really quick made in power point so excuse me. ;-)

 

I like the idea to choose at least at the beginning for one or the other side... replayability is guaranteed this way... if you decide to give them faith they believe in you and you can build faith buildings. if you decide to give them self awareness they are allowed to care about them alone more or less.... so

 

idee.thumb.jpg.1567c08f9f8efb3983dbd3acf5eb1203.jpg

 

 

but buildings require the knowledge to build things first instead of only digging holes into the ground for a simple well. and stone huts have fire and warmth in it to protect the nuggets... so fire needs to be researched first.

Thank you for taking time and creating a graph, but please, read what I wrote about the new mechanics. You have a lot of perks that currently we don't even have in the game. For example fire. What it will bring? Nuggets will start the fire themselves ? If yes, that means we need new AI, we need to make sure that they start the fire in the correct places, that means a lot of other small things. In the graph above, you have a bunch of perks like that. Please try to keep in mind that we have 1,5 month left before the steam release and we need the research to be ready by that time and that we are not only working on the research systems. 

There is a good saying: 

"Ideas are cheap. Ideas are easy. Ideas are common. Everybody has ideas. Ideas are highly, highly overvalued. Execution is all that matters. Casey Neistat"

 

As for the faith, believe system -> we would like to keep it separate from the research tree. Research tree is more like "influencing nuggets mind". Like in the story of how periodic table was created.  We would like to keep the believe system based on your actions and do not place it in the research tree.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sasha said:

Thank you for taking time and creating a graph, but please, read what I wrote about the new mechanics. You have a lot of perks that currently we don't even have in the game. For example fire. What it will bring? Nuggets will start the fire themselves ? If yes, that means we need new AI, we need to make sure that they start the fire in the correct places, that means a lot of other small things. In the graph above, you have a bunch of perks like that. Please try to keep in mind that we have 1,5 month left before the steam release and we need the research to be ready by that time and that we are not only working on the research systems. 

There is a good saying: 

"Ideas are cheap. Ideas are easy. Ideas are common. Everybody has ideas. Ideas are highly, highly overvalued. Execution is all that matters. Casey Neistat"

 

you don't have tool mechanics  in the game as well. it's more a "you need to invent it to unlock the next visual effect". before the invention of fire there simply is no fire in the world. a dark night and no houses can be built of course if the nuggets don't have the knowledge. Only having tools does not make an builder. Think of it as an milestone to acquire. nothing special new real game mechanic behind it but the logic is complete. A visual effect change and unlocked other possibilities.

 

And yes i'm aware that you don't have so much time left but rushing out something that is unlogic won't help. And the rest of the perks for godly gameplay are a wish to be realized when you're willing and able not for the steam start. Don't rush now and deliver half hearthed things. Honesty will guarantee you support if you're open on what you're working. We're on your side if you speak openly. Never forget that. We all want this game to be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 8 Stunden schrieb Sasha:

Think how we can utilize things that are already in the game first.

 

I can understand that research will cover up the existing perks of the early ages first and in the best case  you won't have to add additional ones of course.  I didn't mean it that way, not really,heh, (BUT I WANT MOAR) :) 

No, I was thinking of the logic and how some perks may be related to each other, putting the choice aside, because in the stoneage there is actually not much to decide regarding the research, I think.

As for the primitive waterworks. Sure the nuggets could walk to an ocean to drink water and there would be no real need for a well at the beginning, but to me it seems just logical that after getting tools the nuggets would like to dig holes to get the water under their feet, before they would like to  supply their buildings using waterpumps.

Another example is clothing. With the current approach it would be possible to research clothing without having hunting researched.  How would it be possible to make cloths without leather or fur?

You know what I mean?! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2018 at 9:57 AM, Kerby84 said:

you don't have tool mechanics  in the game as well. it's more a "you need to invent it to unlock the next visual effect". before the invention of fire there simply is no fire in the world. a dark night and no houses can be built of course if the nuggets don't have the knowledge. Only having tools does not make an builder. Think of it as an milestone to acquire. nothing special new real game mechanic behind it but the logic is complete. A visual effect change and unlocked other possibilities.

 

And yes i'm aware that you don't have so much time left but rushing out something that is unlogic won't help. And the rest of the perks for godly gameplay are a wish to be realized when you're willing and able not for the steam start. Don't rush now and deliver half hearthed things. Honesty will guarantee you support if you're open on what you're working. We're on your side if you speak openly. Never forget that. We all want this game to be great.

you don't have tool mechanics  in the game as well. it's more a "you need to invent it to unlock the next visual effect". before the invention of fire there simply is no fire in the world. a dark night and no houses can be built of course if the nuggets don't have the knowledge.

This is something that we considered to tie to the temperature when it will be ready. The only issue with just visuals that take effect during particular time , is that you won't see the effect from the researched perk immediately. This is something that might confuse or do not bring any satisfaction to the player. So we should consider that as well. Note: I am not saying that this is a bad idea, just need some development, but I do appreciate your contribution. I will think what we can do here. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, threeheaded monkey said:

 

I can understand that research will cover up the existing perks of the early ages first and in the best case  you won't have to add additional ones of course.  I didn't mean it that way, not really,heh, (BUT I WANT MOAR) :) 

No, I was thinking of the logic and how some perks may be related to each other, putting the choice aside, because in the stoneage there is actually not much to decide regarding the research, I think.

As for the primitive waterworks. Sure the nuggets could walk to an ocean to drink water and there would be no real need for a well at the beginning, but to me it seems just logical that after getting tools the nuggets would like to dig holes to get the water under their feet, before they would like to  supply their buildings using waterpumps.

Another example is clothing. With the current approach it would be possible to research clothing without having hunting researched.  How would it be possible to make cloths without leather or fur?

You know what I mean?! ;)

Dump all ideas here with in mind of something that we can add quickly. I see your idea about the clothes. I like it.  

Also, keep in mind that currently the research is still being worked on, so a lot of other perks will be added and some things might change. So I encourage everyone to drop everything right now about the research. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sasha said:

Dump all ideas here....

13 hours ago, Sasha said:

The only issue with just visuals that take effect during particular time , is that you won't see the effect from the researched perk immediately.

 

Solution could be a short animation for milestone technologies that are based on introducing visual changes or a non visual changes like basic communication. Of course optional if somebody is not interested in seeing those animations. The animation could be in a somehow refined style of the Kickstarter Video animation. 3m 9s

 

 

As threeheadedmonkey and  I mentioned before... there should be introduced some logic milestones like:

  • simple tools... which can dig small holes for example
  • a water pit which is better and healthyer than drinking from the ocean or lake but no real well. a simple well
  • fire as basic option to develop more advanced technology
  • better tools which technically could allow to build a
  • deeper water pit (could be a +1 or a +2 update to the water pit) (deeper because nuggets have shovels now instead of simple tools)
  • the ability to use the better tools to build simple buildings (could be updated later in level... advanced buildings... expert buildings and so on)
  • a choice to choose faith or self awareness could be introduced via animation as said above and introduce placeholders for later special buildings and or powers that only can be researched if faith or self awareness is chosen. (PLACEHOLDER HERE no new content... but the introduciton to a diverse research tree: content can be added later so a sneek peek at least for the godly gameplay...)
  • research of hunting should enable a new research option "clothing out of fur and leather called "simple clothing".  no new resource to introduce... would lead to too much micromanagement. if nuggets invented simple clothing after hunting is researched -> they simply craft simple clothes in natural basic colours.
  • [self awareness] the self defense guard tower could be the first self awareness building and change the epicenter to a simplistic little town hall and introduces a first "headman"
  • [faith] the already introduced "good /bad shrine" could be the first faith building and change the epicenter to a simple temple for example a stonehenge like thing and introduces the first "spiritual leader".
  • later in the game when farming or maybe livestock farming is introduced the ability to weave clothes could be introduced for "better clothing" and no new resource needed here. simply an animation which shows the developing process of only putting fur around the hip and breast against the new refined weaving which allows customization and maybe unlocks the "nugget customizer" with some basic clothing but in more colours.
  • lumbering because only tools alone do not chop a tree
  • foraging is the basic source for food and basic healing if they chew herbs maybe
  • stone mining needs to be learned because you have to learn how to hit a stone and don't destroy it or hurt yourself
  • wooden shelter as basic shelter against the wild when not able to build stone huts in the beginning
  • stone huts finally they know how to put those stones together without getting buried under a big rock.
  • families now that they have a secure and stable shelter (no im still against building health and repairing engineers in the stonage) they want to form families and you gain a bit more control over reproduction. 

 

See some of my ideas as inspiration and not as "needs to be introduced as fast as possible". Some things can be displayed with placeholders if a new gameplay mechanic needs to be introduced first.... So you can tease a later introduction. I only share my thoughts.

 

 

5b1e2dd935cd3_idee2.thumb.jpg.202d16fa50bd3b503b521c8bc22f4d78.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kerby84 said:

Solution could be a short animation for milestone technologies that are based on introducing visual changes or a non visual changes like basic communication. Of course optional if somebody is not interested in seeing those animations. The animation could be in a somehow refined style of the Kickstarter Video animation. 3m 9s

 

 

As threeheadedmonkey and  I mentioned before... there should be introduced some logic milestones like:

  • simple tools... which can dig small holes for example
  • a water pit which is better and healthyer than drinking from the ocean or lake but no real well. a simple well
  • fire as basic option to develop more advanced technology
  • better tools which technically could allow to build a
  • deeper water pit (could be a +1 or a +2 update to the water pit) (deeper because nuggets have shovels now instead of simple tools)
  • the ability to use the better tools to build simple buildings (could be updated later in level... advanced buildings... expert buildings and so on)
  • a choice to choose faith or self awareness could be introduced via animation as said above and introduce placeholders for later special buildings and or powers that only can be researched if faith or self awareness is chosen. (PLACEHOLDER HERE no new content... but the introduciton to a diverse research tree: content can be added later so a sneek peek at least for the godly gameplay...)
  • research of hunting should enable a new research option "clothing out of fur and leather called "simple clothing".  no new resource to introduce... would lead to too much micromanagement. if nuggets invented simple clothing after hunting is researched -> they simply craft simple clothes in natural basic colours.
  • [self awareness] the self defense guard tower could be the first self awareness building and change the epicenter to a simplistic little town hall and introduces a first "headman"
  • [faith] the already introduced "good /bad shrine" could be the first faith building and change the epicenter to a simple temple for example a stonehenge like thing and introduces the first "spiritual leader".
  • later in the game when farming or maybe livestock farming is introduced the ability to weave clothes could be introduced for "better clothing" and no new resource needed here. simply an animation which shows the developing process of only putting fur around the hip and breast against the new refined weaving which allows customization and maybe unlocks the "nugget customizer" with some basic clothing but in more colours.
  • lumbering because only tools alone do not chop a tree
  • foraging is the basic source for food and basic healing if they chew herbs maybe
  • stone mining needs to be learned because you have to learn how to hit a stone and don't destroy it or hurt yourself
  • wooden shelter as basic shelter against the wild when not able to build stone huts in the beginning
  • stone huts finally they know how to put those stones together without getting buried under a big rock.
  • families now that they have a secure and stable shelter (no im still against building health and repairing engineers in the stonage) they want to form families and you gain a bit more control over reproduction. 

 

See some of my ideas as inspiration and not as "needs to be introduced as fast as possible". Some things can be displayed with placeholders if a new gameplay mechanic needs to be introduced first.... So you can tease a later introduction. I only share my thoughts.

 

 

5b1e2dd935cd3_idee2.thumb.jpg.202d16fa50bd3b503b521c8bc22f4d78.jpg

 

 

Thank you for the ideas. I will see what I can do with it. Meantime, you can continue just dumping ideas here. 

As for animations, it will be a little bit tough, just because we don't have man power right now to do them properly, but I really like that idea, so if in the future we will have an ability to get a proper person for that specifс task, I think we will go that route. Meantime, we will concentrate on improving the research and it's progression. As I am changing / adding new things to the research, I will be updating everyone on its progression as we go. I can't promise that it will be every single day, since some things require more time then others, but I will do my best to do it once or twice per week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9.6.2018 at 6:49 PM, Sasha said:

As for the faith, believe system -> we would like to keep it separate from the research tree. Research tree is more like "influencing nuggets mind". Like in the story of how periodic table was created.  We would like to keep the believe system based on your actions and do not place it in the research tree.

But in this case a player is forced to choose only secular buildings instead of godly ones( which are not in the game yet but could be introduced later... placeholder here...) . I don't think the idea is good... Of course more informations about the faith believe god system you're planning would be great... The game loses replayability if you have a more or less streamlined tech tree. The ability to choose either godly gameplay or secular gameplay could increase gameplay depth for a wider audience. As I repeat... I have no clue about your plans for improved godly gameplay at this point beyond the quests... So may some informations would help.

 

16 hours ago, Sasha said:

As I am changing / adding new things to the research, I will be updating everyone on its progression as we go. I can't promise that it will be every single day, since some things require more time then others, but I will do my best to do it once or twice per week. 

Thank you. Please continue with the community contact and exchange. I wish this happened earlier trough development time... But it at least is happening now... greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 3 Stunden schrieb Kerby84:

But in this case a player is forced to choose only secular buildings instead of godly ones( which are not in the game yet but could be introduced later... placeholder here...)

 

Trying a shot in the dark here: With introducing three ways of power generation they are trying to achieve exactly that, though I wonder how the choice in this particular case may affect the nuggets faith?  And while I like the idea to have nugget's research seperated, I also hope that there will be something similiar for the god's progression, some "sort of" tech tree; maybe not to actively research godpowers or abillties, but to display the "way" of progression, the consequences of the choices we mad, the "uniqueness".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 hours ago, Kerby84 said:

But in this case a player is forced to choose only secular buildings instead of godly ones( which are not in the game yet but could be introduced later... placeholder here...) . I don't think the idea is good... Of course more informations about the faith believe god system you're planning would be great... The game loses replayability if you have a more or less streamlined tech tree. The ability to choose either godly gameplay or secular gameplay could increase gameplay depth for a wider audience. As I repeat... I have no clue about your plans for improved godly gameplay at this point beyond the quests... So may some informations would help.

 

Thank you. Please continue with the community contact and exchange. I wish this happened earlier trough development time... But it at least is happening now... greatly appreciated.

 

2 hours ago, threeheaded monkey said:

 

Trying a shot in the dark here: With introducing three ways of power generation they are trying to achieve exactly that, though I wonder how the choice in this particular case may affect the nuggets faith?  And while I like the idea to have nugget's research seperated, I also hope that there will be something similiar for the god's progression, some "sort of" tech tree; maybe not to actively research godpowers or abillties, but to display the "way" of progression, the consequences of the choices we mad, the "uniqueness".

 

 

We would like to provide the information shortly about the faith / believe system. As I mentioned before, we would like to start working on it mid June. What we would like to achieve with the Faith / Believe system is a natural feeling.  Our goal is to make it work without research. 

If you guys would like to, create a separate topic and drop ideas about the Faith/ believe system there.Just keep in mind 2 things: Organic and not to overkill. You know from first hand experience, that people would like to get the content fast and if it is not fast, everyone is upset and says that it takes too long. I would love to see extra interesting ideas about the system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Sasha said:

What we would like to achieve with the Faith / Believe system is a natural feeling.  Our goal is to make it work without research. 

If you guys would like to, create a separate topic and drop ideas about the Faith/ believe system there.Just keep in mind 2 things: Organic and not to overkill.

Oh we had many ideas trough the years. As you said... Ideas are one thing and realization the other. I think some kind of "research" is needed to unlock powers and special godyl buildings. If you give the player all godly powers at once they have no guidance and demand everything fast and now. If you have a progress system you could use it as a kind of godly tutorial... but i'll think of it a bit and maybe open a new topic later. I'll think of a solution because of the mostly secular building situation vs godly buildings (especially guard tower and bunker.... vs a godly solution) do you plan to introduce godly buildings like a temple, sacrifice altar and prayer enclave at all? would be good to know if i think of something and it does not fit in your plans at all... see the way we're exchanging thoughts now is great. i appreciate it and you have honest feedback...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kerby84 said:

Oh we had many ideas trough the years. As you said... Ideas are one thing and realization the other. I think some kind of "research" is needed to unlock powers and special godyl buildings. If you give the player all godly powers at once they have no guidance and demand everything fast and now. If you have a progress system you could use it as a kind of godly tutorial... but i'll think of it a bit and maybe open a new topic later. I'll think of a solution because of the mostly secular building situation vs godly buildings (especially guard tower and bunker.... vs a godly solution)

 

 

Kerby can you please drop your ideas & suggestions to the specific topic that threeheaded monkey created.  This topic is for the research and we are moving away from it right now with the faith system. As you mentioned, there were a lot of ideas, but a lot of them didn't have any restrictions. Like I mentioned before, ideas are great, but now we need ideas that have boundaries and restrictions. We all can probably write a book. Maybe it won't be professional, but we still can let our mind flow. The issue is to keep it small, sweet and interesting. So as I mentioned before, lets concentrate on the 2 things: Organic approach and not overkill AI and the system. It should be intuitive, easy to understand and interesting. Later today, I will move all the ideas in regards to the FAITH system from the topic that you mentioned above, to the threeheaded monkey topic. Please, let move to that topic and not dump everything in one place, since it will get lost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sasha said:

*snip*

agreed. this was just the question if you've noticed the older topic from him. and i did not see he made a new topic yet. :) so everything is ok. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kerby84 said:

agreed. this was just the question if you've noticed the older topic from him. and i did not see he made a new topic yet. :) so everything is ok. :) 

I pinned his topic. It should be easily noticed now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Look behind you!

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Sasha:

A threeheaded monkey topic!

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So back to this topic. ;)

 

I'd introduce wood & stone only storage areas and introduce:

 

simple pottery as "animation technology" which allows storage for foods in the

food storage - the simple pottery could allow you to invent

simple cooking because it's more convenient to cook in a pot. :)

I'd put simple education first and traditional healing and simple forecasting after education.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today / Tomorrow I will show the current research tree shape :) So stay tuned 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×