Sasha

Research Prototype Panel

Prototypes  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Which prototype you like the most?

• I like the 1st Prototype
    • I like the 2nd Prototype
    • I like the 3rd Prototype
    • I like the current way of research
    • I don't like any of them. I have a better I idea and I provided my version.

I like the idea of a queue. :) If some technologies are only improvements or requirements of a (new) basic technology i'm totally fine with a streamlined tech tree. the logic behind the research is needed. You can't cook if you did not invent fire first... so fire is the first thing. I'd hope for some research options in later ages that exclude each other. Like... pro nature or pro profit... 

Looking good.

There is still a lot of room left ,so new techs could easily be added. The hexagonal shape is almost demanding it,heh.

Edit: It also has something of manipulating the genes...

This isn't a complaint but since the example all says artisanal waterworks I don't really understand how it would work, exactly. Is each horizontal line an expansion on the same base research, branching off into related but different threads or am I misreading it? Aesthetically I love it, just want to be sure I understand.

It look easy to read and easy to understand! B)

18 hours ago, Sasha said:

Hey Guys, thank you for all the feedback. It is being appreciated. 

So currently we decided to go with the 3rd prototype with some modifications. 

Please let us know what do you think. 

unknown.png

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 10:56 PM, threeheaded monkey said:

Had to think about this again.

Wasn't it so that in Fable the "experience" you were gathering was color coded, and you then only could  research spells according to the amount of that "experience"?

There were three different colors as far as I remember, each representing a different action.

What if there would be a similiar approach in The Universim?

That was implemented in Fable 2 so I got a bit confused, my bad. You had skill, will and strength XP which could be used exclusively plus green general XP which could be used for any. Research sort of already is divided into different areas like adaptation/advancement/evolution but how would you gain xp to research those areas? I think it's a pretty cool idea, just not sure how you would get the points through the current style of game play. If you scrapped the unique XP system and only had general XP (similar to god points which you naturally accrue over time) That would make sense and provide an incentive to strategise your research as you would have to wait and accrue more points to continue research. That feels especially appealing and would love to see that be implemented. Even if they simply made research cost god points that would be great.

17 minutes ago, SimGuy2016 said:

It look easy to read and easy to understand! B)

I guess I'm just a bit slow. Would you mind clarifying? Seeing the picture a second time didn't exactly clarify the matter.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Lissa Gloom:

I think it's a pretty cool idea, just not sure how you would get the points through the current style of game play

We would already gain a lot of experience for building and micromanaging,heh. :P

Edit:  But yeah.  Having a research panel is just one aspect. The way we will gain "points" or "power" or "experience" another.

Personally I was supporting the game because I was eagerly waiting for a new god-game. That's still my main focus.

Therefor I think that all sorts of progression that could be made in the game should be built upon that. Same with gaining " put name of godly wage in here" or what.

Why should I get it by doing nothing?

By the way here is vote result from VK group

111.png.4a539ec8f6e1405fb5cb06101993928c.png

Simply put, I really like the 3rd one and I'm glad they decided to go with that one.

On 5/3/2018 at 1:14 PM, Lissa Gloom said:

I guess I'm just a bit slow. Would you mind clarifying? Seeing the picture a second time didn't exactly clarify the matter.

I think that it's just showing the research path it will take. I'm more interested in knowing if the path splits, will we be able to research only one or both paths at the split?

On 5/3/2018 at 7:02 PM, Lissa Gloom said:

That was implemented in Fable 2 so I got a bit confused, my bad. You had skill, will and strength XP which could be used exclusively plus green general XP which could be used for any. Research sort of already is divided into different areas like adaptation/advancement/evolution but how would you gain xp to research those areas? I think it's a pretty cool idea, just not sure how you would get the points through the current style of game play. If you scrapped the unique XP system and only had general XP (similar to god points which you naturally accrue over time) That would make sense and provide an incentive to strategise your research as you would have to wait and accrue more points to continue research. That feels especially appealing and would love to see that be implemented. Even if they simply made research cost god points that would be great.

An idea to get xp to get a new research would be a/some nuggets who are smarter. You make them build something, and the smarter nugget studies the building and it's functions and he comes up with the idea, then you have a pop up message that says, "elu came up with an idea, research x is now available". It would be nice if you could designate those nuggets, the smarter they are, the faster they get the research. But it's still tricky, you'd need the first research tier, so you have a base line you can start from...

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Serbanescu:

"elu came up with an idea, research x is now available"

I like that.  Maybe some research could be unlocked by  "events" .

If the nuggets would have to basically see "fire", for example, to actually unlock "fire" as research. We also could trigger the research of it by throwing some fireballs onto them, or setting a tree on fire  using  thunderbolts.

MUAHAHAHAHA! I AM A MIGHTY GOD!  Am I?

Or the nuggets could simply demand certain research. Kinda:

" Hey god! Yeah, you, up there!! We are tired of drinking dirty water and our tribe is going bigger and bigger each day as well. Could you please make it that we  can get an idea of how to optimize our water supply? Oh and while you're looking, food too,maybe?"

9 hours ago, Serbanescu said:

"elu came up with an idea, research x is now available".

Elu is depressed because her hair is too long. She looks like any other Nugget. In an enlightened dream a vision came to her mind. What if there was a place Nuggets could go to cut their hair and talk about the newest gossip. After waking up she yelled at her husband. "Build me a place where I can go to get my hair cut and talk about your bad performance in bed." Adahy rolled with his eyes and prayed to god... "Please punish my nemisis or at least build her a hair salon."

Storyline driven research-god-quests,lol.

14 hours ago, Kerby84 said:

Elu is depressed because her hair is too long. She looks like any other Nugget. In an enlightened dream a vision came to her mind. What if there was a place Nuggets could go to cut their hair and talk about the newest gossip. After waking up she yelled at her husband. "Build me a place where I can go to get my hair cut and talk about your bad performance in bed." Adahy rolled with his eyes and prayed to god... "Please punish my nemisis or at least build her a hair salon."

:))Punish the nemessis:)), did you notice that the quest with the nemessis comes from adahay's son, telling you that adahay stole the love of his live (aka elu, aka his mom!!!)

46 minutes ago, Serbanescu said:

:))Punish the nemessis:)), did you notice that the quest with the nemessis comes from adahay's son, telling you that adahay stole the love of his live (aka elu, aka his mom!!!)

Yes... Incest... Fun for the whole family. ;) 

15 hours ago, threeheaded monkey said:

Storyline driven research-god-quests,lol.

Yes. Why not? I'd implement such kind of things in a god game. It's funny, it's not the same as in every other game and you could have the option to kill elu and never invent a hair salon. At least for a long time. ;)  That would be unique. Every game would be different. I was kinda hoping, that the (long long time ago) announced live news system would allow such kind of user generated quests or content... beside some premade main content events and quests.

Imagine Elu with a hair salon bubble over her head... You pick her up... Put her on a sacrifice altar for everybody to see... Nobody would ask you for a hair salon after Elu dissolves into dust there. "Don't bother God with your personal bad hair day moments:" :lol:

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Kerby84:

I'd implement such kind of things in a god game.

Me too, buddy, me too!   I wasn't laughing about our brainstorm, more about myself putting that bunch of words together,heh.

On 5/2/2018 at 10:13 PM, Sasha said:

Hey Guys, thank you for all the feedback. It is being appreciated. 

So currently we decided to go with the 3rd prototype with some modifications. 

Please let us know what do you think. 

unknown.png

It looks really pretty! I love it! Being confined to certain tech branches at a time is a great idea because it would stop you from researching something really far down the line and would somewhat keep you on a linear path. But having the choice between different tech options is also really cool! I know for a fact I'm going to try and be as green as possible and care for my little nuggets without doing too much harm to planets... well, try at least. XD

I also bought my friend the game so I am hoping for some sort of multiplayer-esque feature in the future. (I liked the idea I read a dev I think mention once... where you can friend people and perhaps send them mail. But you don't know what's inside until you spend time and resources scanning it. So it could be some resources to be kind and help you, or a bomb to blow your Nuggets, or even the entire planet, sky high!) :3

FYI this seems to be the newest research prototype.

16 hours ago, Kerby84 said:

FYI this seems to be the newest research prototype.

Why the hell do they even bother asking or doing a quiz with this, if they disregard it anyway? This isn't even a "slight modification"

The illusion of participation ;) To keep the suspense and surprises ;) 

I just hope that it's only for entertainment purposes. They can't really think that just because some of their followers are pleased with what they are showing everyone else is as well.  

Just recently I was reading a monthly dev blog of another indie company  in which the CM was stating while talking about the social media:  " Twitter is confusing,as usual." ^^

Regarding the recent research mockup... LOL. While the last one posted by Sasha had a very reduced GUI this one is displaying the whole GUI,heh. *cough*

I'd prefer the reduced one though!

2 hours ago, threeheaded monkey said:

I just hope that it's only for entertainment purposes.

If so -  it shows that you can't take the CEO of Crytivo serious. ;) And an unserious CEO would post such things... ;)  #prforbeginners

13 hours ago, Izar_Morghuliz said:

Why the hell do they even bother asking or doing a quiz with this, if they disregard it anyway? This isn't even a "slight modification"

It's called iteration? I'm presuming they've tested several things and because of programmability/aesthetics changes had to be made. Obviously they will be picking whatever they think is best for the game, and when building the one that was "picked" by the community they might run into problems that require changing things. I think this is what you sign up for when you support a game from the start to be honest. Just seeing this progress for me shows that they got us involved at the very start of the design process of this technology tree, rather than showing minor adjustments and asking for a vote on that. Getting to vote about one of the earlier iterations gives you a lot more power as less is set in stone yet. I agree that some features of the game still require some major attention at this point (maybe more than you would expect from a game that they have been building for so long) but sometimes we should also acknowledge that this is a very small team trying to build a very big game in a very small amount of time. Just cut the designers a break sometimes and trust that they know what they're doing! Judge when you actually experience the thing.

1 hour ago, rraccoonn said:

It's called iteration? I'm presuming they've tested several things and because of programmability/aesthetics changes had to be made. Obviously they will be picking whatever they think is best for the game, and when building the one that was "picked" by the community they might run into problems that require changing things. I think this is what you sign up for when you support a game from the start to be honest. Just seeing this progress for me shows that they got us involved at the very start of the design process of this technology tree, rather than showing minor adjustments and asking for a vote on that. Getting to vote about one of the earlier iterations gives you a lot more power as less is set in stone yet. I agree that some features of the game still require some major attention at this point (maybe more than you would expect from a game that they have been building for so long) but sometimes we should also acknowledge that this is a very small team trying to build a very big game in a very small amount of time. Just cut the designers a break sometimes and trust that they know what they're doing! Judge when you actually experience the thing.

This is exactly the thought I have reading some of the slightly aggressive comments sometimes haha... :mellow: