zaygr

How do you upgrade the Evolution Tower?

I've done all the research, there is a flag that says it's ready to upgrade but I see no option to upgrade the tower?

I've have iron, refined stone and planks.

I'm also having this problem. Any help would be great. I restarted the game, and no luck.

I just read up on the patch notes, and it's supposed to be an automatic upgrade. I went back to a save right before it researched Dawn of Discovery, tried again and it failed. I had 2 other blue researches in the queue still though (Big Game Hunters and Nugget Express). I completed both researches, then queued the last research (Dawn of Discovery) and it still failed to upgrade, and has no option to upgrade. I then destroyed every Stone House with the thought that them upgrading to residential blocks was blocking it. Still not working. Destroyed everything around the tower, and nothing. Each test i just restored my latest save where I let Dawn of Discovery tick down to like 20 seconds then hit save. Hopefully someone can shine some light on the situation.

I can't get it to upgrade doing a lot of the same things. I'm not sure if it works like the new houses where nuggets just decide to build the upgraded version somewhere?

Posted (edited)

Mine just randomly started updating the huts. I’m also at the end of the research and have all my resources. So I hope yours will start working too. 

Edited by Socks1w
My game started updating my huts

@zaygr Currently you are not able to upgrade the Epicenter. The research is there and the huts will upgrade, its just that the Epicenter will not due to a last minute bug that presented itself right before sending out the update. It doesn't affect game-play, its a cosmetic thing mostly.

@zaygr hey, the upgrade bug isnt a cosmetic thing only. I cant get any new perks to research and everything is still in the first era. It is now 9 days since you told us.

Any new news on that? i am waiting too long for getting into the second era! i want to play further :(

mines the same, no era jump

Upgrading the Epicenter doesn't add new research items that I am aware of. Once you've researched everything, that is all to research for now. As more content is added, more research items will be added to the game.

Currently, the Medieval era is what the game is up to

the upgraded huts require lots of refined materials, that's why everything seems to just stop when you complete that research. I recommend ensuring you have TONS of stone and wood refineries, and at least 2 couriers before allowing the nuggets to upgrade their huts. Otherwise you'll just get stuck waiting for resources, and then watching them mysteriously vanish (because nuggets immediately stole them for their mansions)

Good to know! I played and I'm thrilled we finally get to Medieval Era and wondered if there's something I missed. (like with Iron Mine.) Thanks!

On 5/15/2018 at 3:40 PM, Bolerro said:

Upgrading the Epicenter doesn't add new research items that I am aware of. Once you've researched everything, that is all to research for now. As more content is added, more research items will be added to the game.

Currently, the Medieval era is what the game is up to

So, to be sure I understand this, once you finish your first era, there's really no more progress to be made right now?

Once you have completed all the research that is currently available, you can continue playing and get all buildings upgraded. See how many nuggets you can help survive and have fun.

But yes, currently this update stops moving into new era's after you have completed all research and upgrades. The August 28th Early Access update will be adding a whole bunch of new aspects to the game.

Just now, Bolerro said:

Once you have completed all the research that is currently available, you can continue playing and get all buildings upgraded. See how many nuggets you can help survive and have fun.

But yes, currently this update stops moving into new era's after you have completed all research and upgrades. The August 28th Early Access update will be adding a whole bunch of new aspects to the game.

Okay, cool.   I'm looking forward to that, cuz it seems a little underdeveloped for 5 years of development.

Not really if you consider all things that have been done since the initial inception of the game. The decision was made before I became part of the team, that they wanted to provide a much higher quality game than the original concept. If you look at just the artwork from the original Kickstarter and look at the current state the game is in, you will see that a lot of time and energy has been put into providing something that exceeds the original concept.

There was a post on our Forums or through our other social media outlets where Alex explained the differences... unfortunately, I can't find it :(

If I run across it again, I will try to remember to post the link

Don't get me wrong, I like what they have so far for the most part, but it definitely seems underdeveloped for 5 years of development, regardless of if it's different from original concept or not.

But, I have the game purchased, and already have the code redeemed on Steam, so come August 29th, I'll be playing it again.

Have you played using the download from the Crytivo Store? You can play now as well before the Steam Early Access

I have.   I was severely disappointed to see the game basically halt once I hit the Medieval Era.   No new buildings, no more perks, etc.   I guess I was just expecting to be able to actually build up to Space Era.

Ahh... yeah, lots of people excited about Space Age. I know I am. Can't say when it will be in (I honestly don't know), so keep up with the update notes and our Social Media, the team posts a lot of the future stuff that is coming through those venues.