rraccoonn

Parts of buildings not showing and game is still very slow

Dear Crytivo,

For me, the Universim is becoming increasingly unplayable with each update I install. Last update made all of my buildings disappear (I only see a very small part of it, just the flowers around it or absolutely nothing at all) and this issue persists with the new update. And while I know my laptop (a MacBook Pro 15-inch) might not be the best for gaming, the Universim is extremely laggy on my computer (while it runs other heavy games like The Sims 4 or Civilization absolutely fine, sure the fans are blowing permanently whenever I start them and I haven't set the graphics options set to the highest resolution but they still work very well), even when I set all graphics options to the lowest possible setting and the resolution to about 1200x800, it isn't running smoothly. I know you are just and indie dev company and the games I mentioned have been developed by teams much, much bigger than yours, but considering how much I paid for this game it is starting to piss me off. I am a very big fan of the concept of the game and back when it used to work, had a lot of fun playing it but the underlying software is just too buggy for me to enjoy playing the game now. I know that you want to proceed to the next eras (so do I!), but I think it would be much more valuable if the base of the game was more stable. Especially now that you are going on Steam, I think the core of the game should work on different systems. The small kinks I can tolerate (a certain building not doing exactly what it's supposed to do or a nugget getting lost, etc.) but at this moment I can't get any further than building my first well (which I cannot see...). Please, please fix these simple issues to make the game more playable, for all of our sakes!

Best,

A very supportive but also disappointed Universim player

minds posting a DxDiag export or something that would help the devs to actually analyze the problem? i'm asking 'cause i had the same problem with my old laptop, an X556UB from asus untill i found out i had to disable NvOptimus, make it so the game only starts with the nVidia GPU and that i play in full screen alone (i'm talking about the missing structure meshes). something to do with the integrated intel gpu that can't properly render the buildings. also, i had to uninstall 3D vision to make the game run somewhat faster (no real clue what seeing 3D videos has to do with it but meh, i use a BR player for that anyway).

I would love to, but where do I get such an export? I just read somewhere else on the forums that the buildings not rendering is an issue that's been caused by Unity, so that's out of their hands I guess... I guess I'll just have to wait for the next patch!

23 hours ago, rraccoonn said:

Please, please fix these simple issues to make the game more playable, for all of our sakes!

Very sorry to hear you are having those issues. Just wanted to mention that I have not experienced any of those problems (since you mentioned  "all of our sakes, it seems this is an isolated issue)

I agree with Panda, I have no had any issues that you describe. In fact this version runs better than the previous.

Il y a 13 heures, lemongorilla a dit :

I agree with Panda, I have no had any issues that you describe. In fact this version runs better than the previous.

It seems to be a mac only issue(s) has it has been reported to by other mac users on discord.

For me, game ran perfectly fine until i reached 120+ nuggets where it started to lag heavily. I'm on PC, win10.

I got the game a couple of weeks ago for my MacBook Pro (mid-2014 model) and, while it isn't the beefiest computer, I have found similar issues to rraccoonn that I wasn't expecting. The game does run but is quite laggy, but I feel like that is something that'll improve with future updates and optimisations. However, since getting the game I've never had buildings appear when built so my civilisation is a bit bare, it makes the game not very playable sadly as I can't really see what I'm doing. Tried altering the graphics settings but it didn't seem to have an effect. 

On 4/14/2018 at 12:54 PM, aidanwm said:

I got the game a couple of weeks ago for my MacBook Pro (mid-2014 model) and, while it isn't the beefiest computer, I have found similar issues to rraccoonn that I wasn't expecting. The game does run but is quite laggy, but I feel like that is something that'll improve with future updates and optimisations. However, since getting the game I've never had buildings appear when built so my civilisation is a bit bare, it makes the game not very playable sadly as I can't really see what I'm doing. Tried altering the graphics settings but it didn't seem to have an effect. 

With which graphics settings are you currently playing?

Initially the default was essentially on high resolution for everything and I assumed this was why my laptop was struggling, so everything that I could switch to low resolution was switched to low resolution and shadow distances reduced (basically everything at the minimum settings). This didn't really have much of a visual effect or improve the performance of the game

20 hours ago, rraccoonn said:

With which graphics settings are you currently playing?

@rraccoonn The issue with missing building components is a Unity issue with Mac's that have a single Intel video chipset. Unity is aware of the issue, however they have not provided a fix for the Unity bug.

Our developers are looking into other ways to resolve the issue, however at this time there is no ETA on a fix. Sorry for the inconvenience, we are aware and working to resolve it with the Early Access launch.