Sign in to follow this  
Adventurer

Remove building durability

Hello,

I just wanted to voice my opinion regarding Engineers and building durability while also proposing that 'Building Durability' be removed (in lieu of nuggets 'upkeeping' their own homes or something along those lines). To make this quick and to the point, I firmly believe that Engineers should be more of a 'repairing' duty with 'events,' much like the ones that cause nuggets to break limbs, that affect buildings (Fires, accidents, etc...) As such, this will prevent the Engineers from growing overwhelmed and being unable to keep with all the buildings withering away.

I understand that the game is in Early Alpha, but Engineers have an incredibly difficult time 'up-keeping' buildings, especially when there are a lot of buildings in a small area -- I don't really see how this issue can be resolved or fixed in the future, especially when you have so many buildings; the thought of forgetting to place down engineering-huts near a collection of buildings and, as a result, they all break is already stressing me out.

Regardless, I'm really enjoying this game! :^)

Thanks for the comment and yes, at this time, the Engineers aren't quite balanced yet. The Game Designers are aware of this and making steps towards making it better.

So keep an eye on the update notes for each update and let us know how things are after each update. We appreciate all the feedback you all give. Good or Bad.

Although i agree with some points, Removing standard over time decay altogether would be a mistake, I for one like the fact that the engineers are constantly busy and buildings are constantly decaying over time...just like in reality ( dont forget the rate at which the seasons change suggest the structures are under constant stress through the seasons...that rapid expansion and contraction of materials does some damage).... I'd like to see the decay rate lowered, But only slightly...enough to where you can go afk for an hour and your buildings only lost about 15% of health with no engineers present. To make up for the lost decay, Have systems in place such as unstable ground ( mountain or costal ) which increases the rate of decay a bit. Create events that effect only a few buildings in an area such as fungal toemite infestations...

This may be over the top but I would like to see some area of effect Heal/repair power for when destruction happens or the plague hits. You are a god, after all,:) It would be a matter of how much it costs. The more you have to heal or repair the more it would drain from your power pool.

Not everything may get fixed or healed but life is easier on the engineer and Hospitals 

Maybe have it set up so that lower tier buildings wear down quicker, or have some upgrades that slow it down / speed up how quickly the engineers work

I would only like to add one thing to this topic which is that I think engineers need to be able to detect the worst building closest to their engineer hut. I've seen an engineer go to their hut and go to repair something far off when I had a weather tower right next door about to fall into pieces. I'm not sure if there is a max radius they have around their hut so I literally end up with 6 of them ( kind of in a giant circle if I can) and after they're all upgraded, I still get warnings about buildings being in bad shape with 12 engineers running around. :(  But at least it's known it's not balanced and at least if it's an important building, I just heal it with my god power so I don't lose it. :P So it's not on my "OMG I HAVE to have this fixed!" list. Not that I have one of those ;)