Sign in to follow this  
Max

Sneaky fisherman

Hello everyone i'm new to the forum here and i thought rather than doing the usual "Hi My name is Joe" thing my first post would be more in the direction on contributing helpful insight and possibly a bit of fun. Any way on to the bad fishermans.

SO the fisherman and his fishing pier seem a pretty essential part of this game especially for early game food production, However I've found a few interesting quirks with this system.

Bad_Elu.thumb.png.fc62ae85905d17ec6ed98504eb71d09d.png

First there is Bad Elu here.

Clearly it is winter time and we find Elu here a the pier "Pretending to fish" when in fact she is DOING NOTHING at all. I have since learned from this and when winter hits I cancel all fisherman out of the piers and let them serve as labour for the early game. It would be cool if this could just be an automated thing, like fisherman just become labourers in winter i dunno. But it definitely sucks when your in early game and things are not getting built but you realize you have like 6 sneaky little labourers standing around on the fishing piers doing nothing. 

5abdadf7040c2_badboat.thumb.png.83f4064cce3c9a22c6a981f9bda2298b.png

THEN ther was THIS!

I was dismissing my fisherman for winter time and i guess i was a bit early with this one. I attempted to recreate the issue in another game and it happens specifically when dismissing a fisherman just before the onset of winter and hell sort of pause for a second and process his new orders trapping his boat in the ice the fisherman survives BUT the pier is now broken, the boat will not return to the dock in spring it just floats there and the fisherman will simply return to the pier and stand there DOING NOTHING.

5abdaf123cb24_allaloneboat.thumb.png.9b8f2586cca176a1a105029465f8f55a.png

It did however give me a chance to snap this awesome screen shot of my poor boat all alone. poor little boat.

also you know what would be awesome is if the fisherman pulled the boats up on shore during winter.....i dunno just saying it'd look neat if they packed there stuff in for the season kinda thing....and went BACK TO WORK!

Thanks for the report of the poor boat. We have a new update coming soon, so hopefully that is all fixed up for your fishermen and women.  Nice shot of the lonely boat :)

Consider implementing ice fishing, Suggesting they could walk out onto the ice ( Perhaps using winter time as a great method to cover large stretches of water in the early ages as well ) with a good chance of them falling, getting sick or die at close to above freezing temps (ex: 27f-31f.) even less a chance of survival at lower temps or during storms.... Fishing rate cut in half with perhaps a small event where fish flock to the fishing hole bringing the rate back to normal for a period of time.

I thought of ice fishing as well. The idea has been given, just not in the current plans from my understanding. Who knows in the future when more content has been added.

Keep up with the ideas though... always good to hear them.

Could be a later evolvement option... Would possibly require wood for a fire next to the hole...

Sign in to follow this