Alex Koshelkov

Let's talk! About micromanagement in The Universim

Just thought of something that would be nice, some kind of law enforcement or code that the nuggets have to follow. Sort of like a 10 commandments thing. On these commandments you could make rules such as no killing or even no breading with certain traited nuggets. This could even be iimplemented in early game with an upgrade that allows for record keeping.

39 minutes ago, Michio said:

You blast me for wanting less management while asking for it in your post??

I didn't blast anyone... I don't get why you can't keep on managing the little things (Not too little) while building a spaceship...

having played this early on in its development cycle i've experienced everything that comes out and some of the things that stick out below.

micromanaging nuggets starts becoming tedious the more population you get, and huts only housing essentially 2 nuggets, anyway as others have stated, the more you research technology and etc to get into the medieval stage the nuggets should be able to come self aware and do things themselves.
you have the base function if a nugget dies it will be replaced by another nugget, expand on this for every new building which auto assigns nuggets.

as the medieval age is your current age should have an auto function set up for them to recycle their huts and build larger hovels/buildings to house more nuggets, because the last playthrough i done they built Everywhere.. it became a mess.

and speaking on autonomous ideas, if nuggets are self aware they should prioritise their life.. aka food/water and the injured/dead, once i have made the tribe sufficient with food and houses and jobs, i dont particularily want to keep telling them too build a new water pump/well, i want them to make good ideas on their own to say "our tribe lacks in fun.. oh hey why dont we build dino beard trimmings" and they set out to build their own entertainment/comfort building.
it takes the toll off me then i can focus on building up for the next age/planet and so forth.

i'm not sure about other players but as far as when i play in the early ages the nuggets don't seem to gather enough food to survive. i think it'd be a cool idea to either add a "gather" building like the hunting one "hunters and gatherers" to specify a few nuggets maybe 3-4 per building to search for food whether berries or whatever that the nuggets could then cook in the eatery. as far as managing the nuggets i'd really like to have the ability to make them prioritize upgrades such as turning an eatery into a restaurant.

Agree with Goldmos & Apple1145.  I’ve honestly stopped evaluating the new versions because new features only mean more micromanagement. 

I bought this game because I wanted a god-game, not another city builder. Please allow for more automation and have players make the higher up decisions instead of being a logistics officer. Let us feel like gods.

Hello,

I do not know if my opinion is worth much however I feel as if in the early parts of the game the micromanagement is perfect. I am more concerned with another issue entirely with the early parts of the game. I feel as if my nuggets shouldn't use things like fire unless they learn how to create fire. Hence the reason we have to study the fire in our knowledge thing. I do not know if this would add to micromanagement or not, however it would make the game be more logical. 

You could also have nuggets getting hurt when stepping on a rock, or some vicious bugs, maybe a porcupine, or a cactus... I feel like we truly need to have stupid nuggets first, and watch them learn intelligent things.

I am a little concerned that as our populations grow, the micromanagement system does get a little out of wack. Its hard to jump around from here to there, and make sure that our nuggets aren't committing nuggetside (suicide). I am concerned that late game when they start adopting the entire planet, we may have a nightmare to deal with.  

Further, as stated before. I wanted a God game. Automation is key. We should decide what they learn. Let them have free will, but at the same time, let us only guide them. Point them in a direction that teaches them what they need to learn, and not telling them every little detail. 

Hey all,

I think that to be a true “god game”, one must not have to be bothered with such petty things as managing nuggets, even from the get-go. Even in the Stone Age, nuggets should be fully autonomous, auto-assigning, in charge of their own relationships, factions, and wars, regardless of how the player interacts. Perhaps the player can override nugget building assignments, but preferably that should be kept behind the scenes IMHO. 

I think everything said so far can be consolidated into few words: Less micromangement, more automation, more elements of a GOD game, because this is a GOD game!

I can't agree more. I really miss the good old Black and White and Populous , but I wish for more!

I want to move buildings, mountains and rivers, because I can! I want to throw things around when I am in the mood. I want to punish them with storms and plagues if they fail badly. But I also want to support and guide them, show them mercy and bless them with new inventions in form of ideas or whatever I like to give them. I want to have the planet under my control and even create a monster if I want to have a nice pet to play with. They must feel my presence and power and obey (voluntarily or forced). I want to play a GOD game...

Dang you people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

OK Think of it this way, I can get all the way through this game with all the micromanagement and no care so much. By late game im doing nothing but watching nuggets do crap and clicking on buildings to check if there's an upgrade option.. WHY THE HECK do people want more AUTOMATION ?

I Personally see this as a LACK LUSTER thing.. It would make the game even more boring as it is right now.

The game really needs more buildings and to have the player do more with nuggets and for the game to slow down...

The game plays fairly long i mean it can take a good 2 hours to play but right now the game is only going to give you worth of 3 hours if all tiers where to be released...

I think god powers certainly need more ways to use it, Not really things like more god powers, But better ways to use them.

Right now if you build a building nuggets will do there own thing.

Thats your AUTO crap people....

WHAT WE NEED is for the team at UNIVERSIM to let us know what the actual plans for this game become..

Taking over another planet is here say.

Unless you turn this game into a 4 X game then this really needs to have a line between RTS and GOD games and Planet Building.

Where are than plans ?

22 minutes ago, lemonrev said:

Dang you people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... .....

See i totally understand your concerns but there ist no late game yet. We're talking about the future content of the game and what we'd like to see and how to improve the game. At the moment there is not really much god game content but really much micromanaging. Adding god game content like a praying system and overworking god powers could be an idea while the RTS Builder aspect of the game is overworked too.

How do you think more buildings could help if they work the same way as the aleady existing buildings? You'd soon be in the new cycle of repetitive tasks. The goal is to introduce an long time entertaining sytem all people like. 

I think it should mimic evolutionary progression of ability and technology. By the time you are observing your nuggets bronze age there should be some level available, but very limited; And I believe that the more you hit newer stages (Iron, Golden, Industrial, Modern, Scientific, Robotic, Space) that additional paths should reveal themselves to you. Similar to the tree system in games. But I also think it is better if they are just available, not necessarily required. I would like the option to be able to micromanage (just once) a state of behaivor for my Nuggets when they reach a certain stage, and then select it as a preferred state, leaving it be. But allowing the small management I did to allow it (just once or twice) to effect the culture of my nuggets, though with the addition of the multitude (over time) of preferred states affecting eachover (possibly in a contradictory manner, such as a small philosophical conflict to outright conflict and the development of multiple civilizations that follow you. Imagine if that sort of thing followed you to the Space Age, with multiple empires worshiping you, with different interpretations of you - simply through the basis of different industrial, political and religious/theist based or non-religious/atheist based beliefs. 

I would like the ability to have them take interest in certain things, but without forcing them to like it or follow it so when the time comes they have more options to choose from themselves, in regards to possible paths.  - The one thing I would definitely like is the ability to micromanage design and style of cultures and their themes. Also being able to choose between a definite theme or a plausible set of themes that the Nuggets could be influenced by (but not necessarily us). 

But again, I don't think outside of that - that micromanagement should really be a thing other then 1 simple choice in regards to direction and nothing else. I feel like Universim is an artistic piece in a way, like that child that you help grow but after a time from learning from your lessons it starts to become less dependent and finds it's own way. I feel like many, that the idea of placing hardship here and there is a bit too extreme. You want difficulty but there should be a limit, else it doesn't really become enjoyable any more, just stressful. And I say this as a person with OCD. (So believe me when I say there is humor in this last part)

I have yet bought the game after all those features and videos I watched on YouTube, it's not perfect, it's interesting in the beginning but as time flies and your civillization evolves, it starts to get frustrated, I hate the micromanagement by myself on large scale (I played Farm Simulator, and got mad because I gotta hire a new guy after he finishes his job...but I got a whole fucking town to run so how the heck can I be everywhere at once and hire people to do a single job? Like watering the crop and then they...quit? Can I just assign them and go around arguing with them? Or something else! And that game made me do all the works by myself when I owned the whole town...)
So here comes the main point, my thoughts of a God game:
- Start from a rock, to a cell, to a species, to a civillization (well this is good enough thou, no need for the rock or the cell like Spore)
- Be a leader of pointing those primitive creatures around, let them know what should they do in the beginning
- Wrath them to tell them you exists or just sit back and do the mysterious act (like alien-ish stuff we are seeing in our world), let them question you
- They can be automaton-ish enough to hold on to themselves, build their own things, make their own stuff, upgrades stuff, randomly found a new research. Well God did not tell Einstein the Relativity Theory.
- They splits into factions and nations, let them competite with each other, make them go to war, set wars and watch them kill each others, go with the crazy stuff, like nuclear bombing each others, we gotta save them or just sit back and enjoy the screen and then build a new species again from scratch
- More micromanagement (but not as a "Manager" but as an "Influencer") along with more automaton (we can choose to manage everything by ourselves or let the AI do their things by having options, ticking one in a menu of a global/industry/category/one-building scale) in the more modern age, can't babysit a Space Empire man, they are not stupid anymore!!!!!!
- Let them do their own things, the game will be us being an Influencer who's trying to make crazy stuff to the civillization, not to manage them to the teeth while they know how to fly a spaceship!?
- Make the civillization to question you, hate you, love you, kill them if you hate them, or warn them with your powers.
- Be a Santa Claus, grants wishes et cetra
- In the end, a God game will be more of a place where you can change, destroy, affect, kill, create, born the whole planet and universe, not managing anymore. When you finish that last stage, you can try to manage a place in all places for your own love.
- And if you can, and the engine allows, let us...make a planet...in the end we are a God, we can form a planet, I wanna play a bigger size of my planet, not...that small...!
- And yes! I want the game to be slow, not too slow, I wanna enjoy my universe a week or so (I spent 15~30 days for a game on Stellaris, never got bored, added so many mods but limited by the engine, and the lag killed it), not by research time, make issues, disaster, like some Reseacher Nuggets die during research, the research was lost during the fire, or so!
- And add some...immoral things or traits into the game, so it's more freedom in choosing what kind of Nugget-type they will turn into as a species or nations or individuals (I wanna see some Hitler or Washington or Frankenstein or Einstein-Nuggets). They can have this traits and never have that traits at all! Surprising and random traits come up during research or so!
For some insights: I recommend you look into the achievements of great and successful managing games in the past and combine them together and make it new, a great new thing is a revolution of an old thing. Let micromanagement and automaton be on the same page, you don't have to get rid of one!
For example,
               - Football Manager: I can have choice to choose to manage the whole club, from every youngsters to hiring new staff or signing every contract even for youngsters (not my concern), managing every players in the clubs, talk to the Press myself, changing every piece of tactics, firing someone, set training for every single player, etc. (very micromanaging for a game, you just can't finish a quarter of a season if you plan to manage...some people may find managing everyone is cool and satisfy, I agree too!). OR I can let my assisstant handles the Press, my couches handles the Personal Training for players, set staff to scout new players, let the Chief to hiring/replacing staff, let my youngster couches deal with youngster team, and I can focus on the game, the tactics, players' satisfaction, signing new deals for my main team!
               - Stellaris: There a mod of automaton and I love it, it is a HOT and TOP mod of all mods, which is to let the planets upgrade and buid new buildings on theirselves based on the goal I set them to, like make them into a Mining Planet, they will build and upgrade all the empty or built slots with mining-type buildings only. And the base of Stellaris itself is to put a Mayor once in a while into new slot automatically. That's the point, how the heck do I manage every single planet while I have like a galaxy with 500 colonized planets in different star system along with the researching, army, politics, commanding fleets going around.
               - Banished: You don't tell them where to get the food, or what to do with their lives or their jobs, they can enjoy their lives if they have no work, find an empty house, fill a vacant job when somebody dies. I don't find for my hunters to go and hunt something, they find something to hunt!
               - Project Highrise, Prison Architect, Cities Skylines, et cetra!
Although all the games above are not God game, but they have at least somewhat the automaton that needed for the game so it will be more balanced and not overwhelming players in the mid-late and late stage where there are so much more things to handle!!
The point is you can make a MORE DETAILS MICROMANAGEMENT SYSTEM,  even to the tiniest details if you love to, ALONGSIDES WITH AUTOMATON so players have a choice and really be a God!
You guys should look into the God movies, stories and lores. God helps (and all the verbs) people, not just about managing and babysit them. If God babysits us, we won't have wars, diseases, and bad things!
P/S: Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to play a game like that and thought Universim would lead me to that experience but yeah...it have not, yet. Hope they will change it!

As for me, the main problem related to micromanagement is a demand to assign nuggets for each new building (or upgraded one). The problem is even worse because nugget selection panel is very laggy and you'll need to wait up to more than a second until it loads (it happens when there are around 100 nuggets).
You may check how it is implemented in Banished: it doesn't require an unit to be assigned for each new building but you are able to change number of units assigned to each profession (builders, farmers etc.).

3 hours ago, lemonrev said:

OK Think of it this way, I can get all the way through this game with all the micromanagement and no care so much. By late game im doing nothing but watching nuggets do crap and clicking on buildings to check if there's an upgrade option.. WHY THE HECK do people want more AUTOMATION ?

I Personally see this as a LACK LUSTER thing.. It would make the game even more boring as it is right now.

The game really needs more buildings and to have the player do more with nuggets and for the game to slow down...

I agree with this, we need more buildings for the stone age but I disagree with your anger

First of all, thanx for asking us players! 

Some short ideas that came to mind, since I read the mail:

- most of the people Universim pledge dont want micromanagement, but some do, so let the micromanagement after the stoneage be a usable option, like many other games have shown before (Sims, Civilization...) If someone wants to micromanage all his nuggets in the Spaceage, why not let him, so he/she will get a little bonus for optimizing it all, but not force all other players to do it as well.

- why not intigrate some AI-Tribes on the starting planet, which will grow with our tribe threw the ages and then there will be alot more options what players can choose from (make war or trade or diplomatic things) (it would also reflect reality better)

- look at the history of mankind. In the beginning there where tribes and the main goal was to stay alive, but then there will be a political system, why not put a political system in the game after stonage, which will be rising in complexity during the ages and give the player the possibility to choose from differnt options which will have pros and cons, but reflect his style of playing. Maybe it could also be a religous system instead of a political one to fit the style of the godgame/godsim

- an idea to handle the needs of the nuggets could be to give them districts/ areas where they could build buildings of a special type if needed, to prevent wild and chaotic building. In the end there will be a mining district or a farming district and so on.

- after stone age switch to give the nuggets a bandwith for what theyre doing , maybe with some control sliders to put in a range of possibilities (build a new farm if the food fall under x amount or something like that)

- let the nuggets found new settlements, maybe with specifications (learning, trading, mining, farming, political, military...) and let the players manage the growing empire. Between the settlements you could need karavans to shift food and materials between them and if you dont have them your nuggets would walk to that settlement and grab the materials or food wich would cost time and recources that would give ships more sense if you built at the shore of an ozean or lake. also maybe have only a few spawning places fior recources like iron and oil ove rthe planet to make settlements neccessary

Some additional remarks. First the style of the game is phantastic, you did a good job. Second, make the lakes more like ozeans ;).

- Farm/fishing hut attendees should go do something else when Winter arrives without having to be told to. Gathering should be their default.

- Nuggets who are learning should be greyed out on the population list when you're selecting a nugget for an occupation, since the occupation doesn't override their schooling and make them leave the school.

- More education via school should create more intelligent behaviours, such as mending their own houses, rationing their food/water supply when closer to capacity - the sky is the limit when you unleash the concept of recursively improving intelligence.

- Graveyard upgrade was great, but I still find myself playing Fed-Ex with corpses and dumping them in the graveyard to prevent a pandemic. This needs tweaking.

- Nuggets walking to the other side of the planet to find resources that are in my backyard - nuff said.

- God-Mail building needs tweaking. Currently rather useless. I can never find that lost nugget no matter how hard I look (unless I'm missing something exceedingly obvious).

- By the time we reach the Modern/Space age I'd expect there would be some kind of 'sustainability' upgrade that would create a homeostasis between population growth and food/water/power generation capacity. Otherwise having a planet with 300+ nugs is going to be a logistical nightmare - the micromanagement will scale exponentially with more planets.

- I'm not yet feeling the point of the matchmaker god power. This mechanic adds yet more micro, so the pay-off needs to be substantial to incentivise the player to use it.

Love your game - keep these awesome updates rolling. Looking forward to seeing it in my steam library.

I can't quite comprehend how the people imagine the game, when we are able to leave the farms and cities and in the end our own planet behind. The nuggets should be able to meet their basic needs on their own, otherwise all that space exploration and space colonization doesn't make sense,imo. I wouldn't want to travell to another planet, when my folks aren't able to manage their lives and survive.

As for additional buildings, sure there will be.  Yet there is no high tech,there are no trains, no cars, no airplanes, no powerplants;  there is still so much lack in the game, which can be filled with tasks necessary to be micromanaged.

It's just time to think about the planet management part of the game.

I feel like the bunkers should be automated. Nuggets should be able to protect themselves from disasters.

I would like if nuggets would assign themselves to buildings. It would save time once I get to 100+ nuggets so I don't have to find one that isn't assigned.

I agree with Eudaimonic about farm/fishing hut nuggets should do something else in winter.

I also just don't have the time to check the hunter cabin to see if they created a new trap for me to place because I'm too busy building more farms and such every couple minutes to try and feed all my nuggets. So it would be nice if they could do that themselves.

I generally see this as a conflict in the community between "more automation because we're God" and "more automation makes game boring."

In short terms, I think a very good way to keep the "God game" aspect and to not diverge into a self-building-city-builder game which is not what Crytivo probably wanted, is to first automate the nuggets. To make up for the automation of nuggets (which removes some gameplay but not all gameplay as we're still in complete control), we should get new responsibilities to keep the game fresh. Preventing (or causing) disasters, changing the way our nuggets have faith in us (as there is already a fear/love factor) which determines how they work and whatnot. This roughly fixes a ton of complaints that both sides of the community currently have, and in a relatively short message too. No need for a TL;DR on this one.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Eapple1145:

we should get new responsibilities to keep the game fresh.

It's not a matter of "should", the new  responsibilities will come as soon as we progress further in the game, I would say.   So in a more flowing way the old responsibilities should need less and less attention, while establishing the new ones.

Funny, the whole discussion reminds me of arguing with my wife, we keep on talking for hours maybe and in the end both of us are realizing that we've been talking about the same thing, just different in phrasing.

But anyway.

I'm not saying Crytivo should turn this game into a self-building game. I just think that the nuggets could have a certain degree of independence when it's about building their structures. So, why shouldn't my nuggets be able to create a whole city on their own? This hasn't to be a good thing necessarily and offers new gameplay opportunities.

I feel like there is a fine balance between having a game with so much micromanaging that it’s boring and a game where everything is automated to the point where you are just a spectator. 

I think that it would be best for the responsibilities you have to evolve from one era to era . Example, Stone Age nuggets are weak and ignorant so they would probably need a lot of help to survive so you have to manage them effectively but as time goes by , they become more independent so instead of telling them where to build things they do it themselves when needed , but when a catastrophe plague comes by it will be up to you to help them adapt to it  technologically (teaching them medicine, graveyards ) , Biologically (encourage breeding of immune nuggets) and socially (teach hygiene, remove superstitious nuggets that attack hospitals and such ) . This can vary from disaster to disaster and depends on what you taught them previously. 

And as their societies evolve you will have to deal with new issues like civil wars and such . Maybe even choose a royal family or something 

On another note maybe you could be the one to throw challenges  at them to see how they deal with it and step in if they seem to be going extinct.

Oh and something I wanna ask shouldn’t there be more eras in the game (including a dinosaur one)

I think the level of control in early game is good, but also that it's going in an un-godly direction. I'd personally prefer if even from early ages, your civilization was able to decide where to place more types of buildings on their own (with the exception of key structures maybe). I feel like the micromanagement needs to have more of an emphasis on helping your village by being a god, such as grabbing and throwing away wolves from an attack, trying to redirect tornados, change the landscape to prevent floods or to reroute lava flows, increase the speed that lakes refill or crops grow, etc. 

Now, going into later ages, as the other guys have said: allow villagers to be auto assigned to jobs. I'd also want them to build their own structures entirely (of course adding a toggle to manually over-rule them for those that prefer controlling this aspect). They should be able to act like an independent civilization that uses you for things beyond their technological prowess. 

One last thing... I'd love to see early villagers emigrate to build new villages that you don't have control over.

Edit: Just thought of another change which would effect all ages - The passive trait evolution I feel shouldn't be chosen the way it is now, but rather be caused by how your village reacts to certain events, where you force it upon them or it's just natural. For example, if the village lives far away from some resources, they could eventually evolve a passive trait to move faster. Or if the village is constantly under threat from wildlife/other villages, they could gain several traits for defensive skills (life/health regen/attitude traits such as how hostile they are). This would have a direct impact on how you micro manage your village since you'd want to focus on ways to give them the evolutionary traits you'd prefer them to have.

Edited by Frosty4k
New idea

this is an important question.
not easy to answer.
In fact I created a really long answer, illustrating my ideas and concepts.
In the end I think that's what you want, ideas and ideas to create the game.

__ PLAY FROM GOD OR PLAY FROM MANAGER

Let's start by talking about the type of game: you say you are a game of God, but most of the game is management.
I refer to a style of play as "Age of Empire".

I think that doing a mixed game between management and divinity is fine and is a choice that touches different types of players.

Currently the Manager game is quite adequate. there are possible improvements that we will look at later.
The game version from God is a bit limited: let me explain.

A God must not waste time telling his believers what to build and where to build it (the Manager's gaming system). A god must keep his faithful believers, he must make himself offers, he must have fun at the expense of his faithful. and more.

In the primitive age, a god governs the elements and is good or bad. And I'm fine that you put the tree type, but I'm not good that I pass from good god to bad god because the system of collecting corpses is INEFFICIENT, even though I myself to dispose of most of the corpses and trying to make them happy .
So as god I would like to see them pray or praise me. (maybe to see nuggets standing in front of the altar, and they could approach religion (pray) whether it's a benevolent god or a scary god.
As God, I would like to make them happy, or to punish them. you have made this possible with godly powers such as healing or moving or falling in love. (but some costs are too high 20 points to make them fall in love too many! And also the cost to make them all happy (but everyone becomes happy or just a little man?) For the tornado calamity and more I think the cost is plausible.
As god I can want some gifts. in these primitive beings usually the gifts are of food, a dead hen. if I were a god of death, a beautiful virgin girl ...
At the same time, if I were a good god, I would like to give some gifts.
And in times of famine grow a bush of flourishing food ... (FOOD).
o SPEED plantation growth.
or REPEAT a lake that has lost fish.

__ QUEST prayer requests from the Nuggets

I really like the idea of prayers by post. But do not make it gmail style, please give it a religious and divine style !!.
I saw that you put 2 of them. One is the missing child. and the other is to punish the enemy. Good idea. But there is a technical problem: the child is not on the list of nuggets and knowing where he is without a name in his head is impossible in a camp for 50 people. you should make these requests feasible. I like it as an idea but give it a red halo that is clearly visible to this child.
While for the punishment of the enemy, how should you punish? you should help us understand what we can do to punish it. I tried to destroy the house (it was difficult to find his house of residence), I tried to make it fly. and finally I also killed him. but maybe there is a bug where all my actions do not complete the prayer quest.
So you could make us play god by giving us different prayers from the nuggets, and if we grant them we will be devoted servants and "efficient workers".
But beware, do not oblige us to resolve prayers at certain times. at least not all. I believe that a prayer is worth the whole life of the nugget and depending on the case the nugget can be satisfied after several years or rather disappointed because too late. (killing or giving poverty to the enemy can be satisfactory even after several years of prayer).
Keep in mind that the God must also deal with the management and therefore may not have much time to make god in those minutes of updates to the age of the Middle Ages; but having so much time in the dead period.

__ RELIGION AND CHURCH FUNCTION, and the power to influence the village through those who speak with God

Moreover, a God should have ONE WHAT YOU SPEAK WITH HIM. a priest in the medieval era, a shaman in the primitive age. In short, a henchman who influences the ideas of the population.
I believe that in the early and middle ages the God can have direct influence through the figure of the priest. Technically a place of worship will be created (the church) and assigned to a nugget. When the nugget has started you can have different commands (like for archidio or in theory the meteorological tower).
You will have commands like:
"daily life must be based on hard work"
"daily life must be based on latin idleness"
"daily life must be in balance between work and well-being"
"Behave well for paradise"
"Behave badly that you die so young"

(I would use a slider bar from absolute work to total idleness where there are 0 in the middle which are balanced neutral parameters 0 is how the nuggets are now, or how you have planned them basic).
In this way, God will give directions to how I want my nuggets to live.
And like every church and religion there will be a level of church importance. In Roman times the Christian church did not have much importance (indeed they were prosecuted), but in the Middle Ages the church had a truly absolute importance.
So here too a level of the number of faithful; the level of power of the church over the decisions of the village, the level of respect for the church and its rules (how many faithful are correctly practicing the church's rules). Hard work can be a rule, but we can also add: make more children, take more wives, or be vegetarian!
Certainly a God who leads to the extreme of work at the beginning will increase the productivity of my village, making them work will increase production (of course only the religious nuggets, while non-religious will behave normally, but in the primitive and medieval era almost all they should be religious!). But after a while 'time there will be a rebellion to too much work and there could be a religious revolt: that is masses of nuggets could show disagreement and even get to burn the church (and inside his priest).
In this way, I God should erect another church and choose another priest. (This cycle should represent the changes in religion that occurred over time, such as the change between the Roman gods and Christianity).
But be careful, if I create another church and immediately arrange for it to be extreme workers again, the church will have practically no followers, its power will be 0 and I will not find new believers.
At the same time if the new church preaches the Latin ozium, it will immediately have a lot of faithful happy to embrace a different religion! But at the same time the production will slow down!

Let's jump into the future.
Now, in the modern era, religion has lost some of its power over the state. And even if you can still give the religious directives we say that we will not have absolute control?
It is also true that in the modern era atheists are very rare, which is very rare in prehistory and in the Middle Ages.
So, your power from God is reduced ... BUT, we can see the world differently.
Meanwhile, there will still be the role of Manager and not just of God, but then you can influence the individual in power.
In the modern era there will be nuggets at the head of entire structures. There will be the nugget at the head of justice, the nugget at the head of agriculture, I imagine that create a building with the tasks of government divided by type (justice, environment, productivity, science, medicine ...). And each task will add a nugget. Now imagine you have the power to bribe the nugget like God.
In this case I imagine a bad God, a god who wants to subdue them all and make them go back to a medieval mentality (modern technology but power to the church); certainly in the game usually the player wants to grow his village, but if the game is from God, he must also foresee a bad god.
So a bad God (it is not excluded that in a complex phase of the game you God John, you intrude on the planet of the God Roberto and try to influence the social structure of the nuggets of John, corrupting with money and perversion the heads of government so that make the system malfunction, maybe in an online game version where you put your own planet into play); I said, a bad god will corrupt the single nugget with money and other things and will make sure that governments misbehave, leading to the downfall of civilization. Either a benevolent god infuses light and justice into the nugget and will make the nugget that governs that sector work the best.

Or we put our Lord God very good and succeed in holding a Church with great power over civilization and keeping it in the modern era when atheists spread, but the church is so well balanced and God is very active in the miracles that the faithful remain many.

__ PLAYING FROM MANAGER improvements

the first important thing to say is that the nuggets are too stupid. I'm sorry but the parameters are not worthy even for a primitive.

_ Cut trees and stones away from the place of construction to which they are putting.
_ In spring and summer they do not collect food from plants around, and there are times when they are dying of hunger.
_ There is no basic food from restaurants but they do not collect it.
_ Instead of repairing the most damaged buildings, the engineers repair the less damaged buildings and let the serious ones fall into pieces!
_ The lumberjacks are in the building doing nothing if the trees are too far from the building.
_ too many bodies and do not hurry to get them out by leaving them on the road years! But sooner or later you have them decompose these bodies?

Honestly the nuggets can not be so stupid as not to get food supplies for the winter while having bushes handy ...

So first of all you have to fix these bugs or wrong statistics.
The nuggets, logically speaking, having the right buildings available should self manage themselves. And you created this self-management, you see, but it is also true that small details like those mentioned above make the system unbalanced.

_ THE MANAGEMENT OF THE VILLAGE

I find it right to choose the buildings to be built and their position.
I find it right to decide how many buildings of what type to build depending on how I want to create my village.
The basic management structure is fine, but there are no additional elements.

_ Food management in fact
If for the water I know how much I need it and how much they consume the buildings being able to build a precise number of pumps for every need; I do not know how much food my nuggets consume.
The management of food must absolutely be improved. I can build restaurants, fishmongers, farms, but I've seen that sometimes the food is less than a following winter.

I believe that the Village Manager has the right to create and organize it as he wishes, but workers must follow his directives.
I have difficulty explaining this point. I try to make a description anyway.

If I were a good village chief, I could tell my men exactly what to do. I could tell my men that they have to collect 10 food for the winter because we consume 8 food as a village.
As a village chief I could know that wanting to build a hospital will take a lot of stone and so I want to tell mine that they have to get more stone that year than wood ...

In theory this administration is done automatically when I build a hospital that requires stones and woods.
But perhaps it would give us a way to be more efficient if we could tell our nuggets how many stones we want to stock stored as soon as possible.
I as a Planet Manager know that the medieval era with the upgrades of the buildings will involve a lot of wood and lots of stone. I could think of wanting to collect it in the dead times of the primitive era.

_ WAREHOUSE SYSTEM

I believe that Warehouses should be organized as well as individually, even in a total manner on the interface of God. To see the available places of all the warehouses and the places occupied by type of object. And to be able to decide the quantity that is required to be kept in STOCK (to be kept in stock and not to be kept for example in a restaurant that is not a warehouse). This is especially useful for building materials that are used in all ages.

_ AGRICULTURE SYSTEM

I think agriculture is good, even if I do not really understand how cyclicality works.
I think that putting a mini-calendar style seasonal tool in which the type of culture is studied for each season, could be interesting.

_ THE MIDDLE AGES and future ages

I'm already imagining the mess of an era in which the whole planet is populated.
I already have problems managing 4 restaurants, 4 farms 10 fishing boats, 10 factories etc.
It is problematic, for example, if the city center is far from the factories, I see several nuggets that make a long journey between the house and the factory. And even if I put restaurants and wells near the factories, there's still a lot of going away.

I believe that in the Middle Ages it is necessary to start building real, structured cities.
I have already tried to be schematic in the construction of the buildings, arranging the fishing areas together, placing the repairers all in a row, etc.
But with a medieval age I have to be able to use a grid scheme better and bring buildings closer together.
I built 8 refineries between wood and stone, but anyway I had to position at a certain distance. These refineries do not look anything like an industrial quarter of our 1700 style style.
I also think of the fact that with 8 refineries I have to check that they all have a little man who works inside. And in situations of social problems I have to activate or deactivate the men in refineries.
Let's take a practical example: full medieval times. The population rises too much and lacks food. I absolutely have to devote myself to gathering food and closing the refineries. So imagine 20 refineries and I hand one by one I have to remove the nuggets from the list of refineries and put them in agriculture. Then the food problem is again contained and I have to put the nuggets back into the refineries. It would be much more practical to shut down the refinery and immediately have the unemployed nuggets available, and then when you restart the refinery, again the same nuggets or if they are busy recalling new ones automatically. Do not have to do it by hand.
If you think of a modern era, I should not have 10 refineries as in the Middle Ages, but have a refinery park extended on the potion of 10 refineries that with one interface manages all the employees.

Another very problematic fact is the request for a nugget to be included in a construction from the list of nuggets. The list with 100 nuggets is already a bit slow. If the number of nuggets has to start to increase a lot until the modern era, you will have to start evaluating the macro management of the nuggets.
First phase divide between unemployed and employed. Furthermore, those who collect construction material should have a registered job and not on the list of those who do and do not.
In this way I can have the list of those who do not have a job and assign it to the new factories, but without going to affect the group of collectors and builders who are vital as labor. Now I do not know if a Laborer is idling or is collecting material.

The best thing for the future, considering even a population of 5000 nuggets, is to have automated assignment.

_ WORK MANAGEMENT OFFICE for the modern era

A building, for example, that opens a window with certain commands:
first of all, every sector of work is identified (refineries, farms, fishing, catering, repairers). For each sector, the available jobs are displayed in relation to the buildings of that sector built, and depending on the needs all are assigned or dismissal people in the case of too much production or need to work on a specific request.
The buildings that now select 2 or 3 minors at a time will be managed by the automated system and prepared by the system described above. For example, if I can have a 100% refined iron production, but I have collected enough, I can lower the production to 50%. the nuggets will lose their jobs and will go to work in those situations where men are needed on the occasion (building example, when you build something new). While if we have 10 iron refineries as buildings or a single refinery park, then it could be that half of the park sectors or half of the refineries are turned off automatically, consuming even less energy. And if they are still separate buildings, it would be better to close the most shabby and worn building, so you can have time to rearrange it.

If you think about it with 5000 nuggets we can not manage the occupation of each nugget, but we will have to have automatisms that allow self-organization of work.
Obviously you should still leave the possibility to change the single nugget from the workers' list, this to optimize with more efficient workers for that job, and then also for the first speech of a corrupt system in which specific nuggets are put to power do what you want.

_ ROADS. AND URBAN PLAN

I think it is necessary to have a mechanism of roads to optimize the city. As well as making our people evolve it is also nice to create refined and elegant cities and this can also start from the Middle Ages. Being able to design an urban plan for the future could be interesting.
In practice, do not build immediately, but create a map drawn (technically a virtual map above the surface of the planet and even above other buildings) and start saying that you want a road, that of a rectangular area you want the district of the factories; but also to say that in that little square between the main road and the factory district you want a prairie bed, or a group of trees. Do practically urban furniture, preparing where to build things in the future.
I would not mind telling my nuggets to create a new residential area near the factories, and obviously make sure that the workers assigned to that area go to live nearby.

_ CIRCLE OF LIFE FAUNA AND FLORA

this theme seems a little ignored, but I think it's fundamental.
I left the day for about 600 years and I noticed that an area of trees has completely disappeared and the fauna has totally disappeared from the planet.
Now, I do not know if you have already implemented the system, but you can imagine that you can not leave a planet in the primitive era with zero animals and trees that do not grow back.
I understand that in the city areas plants do not regrow them, but do not grow back even in remote areas! Of course, it is right to say that the resources are not infinite. But let's talk about fauna and flora and water, which are recreated in the system.
So you really should get them to regrow and repopulate, and rightly put a rate of regrowth. Then if the nuggets consume more than they grow back then they will rightfully become extinct, but I do not think it can happen in a primitive period ..

Also I would like to be able to plant plants as trees and fruit picking plants, I am an artist and I would like to have a village full of greenery, but the system currently brings me to a bare primitive town. Full of braided logs still visible ....

_ OTHER SMALL IMPROVEMENTS

buildings that are destroyed or destroyed by push-button should be recycled by recovering some of the stones and wood from the rubble. It seems to me sensible because there are actually residues!

_ the hunters should put the traps themselves, not you as God. It is OK to choose the type of beast and type of trap, but do not let us do the dirty work.

_ I believe that in a Renaissance or modern era, cataclysms like sandstorms and tornadoes or fire damage buildings less. Certainly the nuggets that took a walk will be swept away .. but a building will not be completely destroyed.
Also you should put evolutionary tools for building resistance to hurricanes and storms.
And if you want a bit of an earthquake, a volcano for the planet. And obviously a God who saves the situation in drastic cases ... like if the volcano is about to erupt, use god points to delay 10 years.

_ it would take in the construction work (such as refineries) that indicate how good the worker is, and how regular the work is. In this way if you work badly or little I could choose to replace it ..

_ it would be the case already in the Middle Ages and then in the modern era, to have the first construction companies, because the repairers of buildings are not exactly construction companies. But in this specific case these companies will automatically take the nuggets (a bit like now) without a fixed job and use them to build.

I think I've already written so much. I  hope you come quickly to the medieval era.

I have been following you for several years, and even if I enjoy trying every new pach ... we are + - always in the same position ...

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:23 PM, Goldmos said:

Hello, micromanagement is fine in early game but I think you should implement a little with every new era. For myself, water should be automated first, like well and pump when Medieval is there, after, I think food and other basic need should be automanage and finally, when we will be in other planet, exept for new building that isn't "vital" to the game, everything else should be AI manage (i.e. environement, electricity, water, food, cemetary/hospital and such, don't know all the system that will be implemented but what is necessary to run your village/city in your absence should be automatic. You don't want to micromanage disaster also when you are out of your planet. I would also like to have an option to decide if I want my nugget to be autoassign to building. If possible, we could have some "type" of building that can be automanage (like for example Food, ressource management, civics and other) and toggle a switch to say yes I want those type to be automanage or not. Also, maybe add some more power if you actively manage your colony, that would incentivize the need to take care of your civilisation. 

Yes ^ This.