Sign in to follow this  
Phydra

Memory Leak? (See image)

I've been a bit off and on with TU, but decided to check back in today; I played for several hours and in that time: 

1. Created a new planet, piddled with it, messed it up, decided to remake

2. Created a new planet, decided I liked it, archived it, messed it up, decided to make a new one

3. Created a new planet, finally realized the order needed for something I was trying to do, started doing that thing and BOOM! Freeze. 

At this point, I gave it the 3-finger salute and went to see what Task Manager might tell me. This is what I found:

Universim-MemoryLeak.thumb.jpg.8714d3e6117db7179742488bf2eb6680.jpg

I may be pushing the limits on things like restarts, loading old saves, and generally being very happy to restart at the drop of a penny... or it could be a memory leak. Either way, decided to post about it here and let the folks at TU decide. (Happy to supply any additional information - just let me know what!)

Hi @Phydra. I'll send your feedback to our devs and we will try to mess with load and save more ourselves. Sorry that it happened with you :)

@Phydra Reading through your comments you said a few things that would help if you could elaborate on them

On 3/15/2018 at 6:41 PM, Phydra said:

3. Created a new planet, finally realized the order needed for something I was trying to do, started doing that thing and BOOM! Freeze. 

What were you trying to do and what order were you using to do it?

On 3/15/2018 at 6:41 PM, Phydra said:

I may be pushing the limits on things like restarts, loading old saves, and generally being very happy to restart at the drop of a penny... or it could be a memory leak. Either way, decided to post about it here and let the folks at TU decide. (Happy to supply any additional information - just let me know what!)

Restarting with new planets should not cause a problem since you need to close the game to start New Life. However the statement of loading saves is what caught my eye. How many saves do you have and when this happened, were you switching between multiples of them without exiting the game?

If you could answer those questions, we would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Sign in to follow this