Eapple1145

AI "Doing Nothing" Constantly

In the beginning, the AI was totally fine. Pretty much all the nuggets were rarely "doing nothing" and so everything worked as expected. However, as my civilization grew, more and more nuggets doing very critical jobs were just constantly either "doing nothing" or just drinking/eating. They were mating less too. My hunters completely stopped hunting, only just walking around and drinking. My engineer kept supporting stone huts but never stopped to just repair some buildings which were being upkept by my rejuvenation which could only last so long. I built another engineer hut and hired another nugget for the engineer job but they too just did nothing to repair the tons of buildings which were breaking down.

Eventually, almost every specialized worker basically stopped doing their job. They were forever "doing nothing" and just using up food and water. They became useless. There wasn't any obvious point when my nuggets stopped working, the laborers were always on task, but as my civilization grew, the specialized workers just became lazier and lazier. I suppose this is almost a crack at real life. Due to the lack of basically any work from my very-needed nuggets, there was no longer much food to go around, people were starving to death, people became homeless when I couldn't rejuvenate all the huts and buildings, and my little society fell apart and I just decided to burn the whole place to the ground.

@Eapple1145 Thanks for this feedback, it is much appreciated and gives us some good insight into what our Fans are experiencing.

Currently we are working on steps to determine quite a few things about the nuggets and why they have decided to do things that aren't anticipated. Obviously we don't want nuggets doing nothing, especially when they have jobs. They are good workers, but apparently we need to motivate them a bit more. Maybe a pay raise for them will work. And then we have some that don't want to leave there jobs even to eat or drink. Now those are some dedicated nuggets... maybe a little bit too dedicated.

Please keep sending us feedback so we know what you all are experiencing in game. We have quite a few testers and Quality Assurance, but sometimes we just can't find those game breaking bugs as well as the rest of you.

Alright! Thanks for notifying me of the plans to fix the issue because it's really getting out of hand when I'm out of juice and just have to resort to good ol' grim reaper to clean up my mess.