So far the new update has been pretty good. AI seems a lot better, production and nuggets are flowing good, and food/repairs are stable. However, that's where the good ends. I am having a hard fault crash that causes my computer to restart every game I play. It usually occurs between 45-60 nuggets. I have yet to put down a forecasting tower because that has always been the most broken structure. I noticed when doing the find my lost nugget quest, If I drop them close to the ground they kind of swim around like a fish before disappearing into the ground and die. I believe when this happens the gravedigger goes to collect their body and then it crashes (just a theory, hard to prove). Also I noticed if a fisherman dies while on the boat it shows their body at the dock, yet no body to pick up. Aside from these issues the game is feeling a lot better. Hopefully you guys can release a hotfix for this quickly. 

PC Specs
Windows 10 64 bit
i7-7700k
16 g ddr4 ram
r9 390x

I think it looks awesome as well. Sadly, my hard crash has been happening way before 45-60 nuggets. First two hard crashes since the update was during loading. Next one, happened right after I researched hunting cabins. 

My Specs
GTX Geforce 1070
i5 4690K 3.50GHz

16 GB
Windows 10

thank you for your posts we will look into these issues asap

Can you please provide more information regarding the crash and if you have a save game file, please provide that in this thread. (zip it and then place in here)

As for the gravedigger going for nuggets that have disappeared, that coding was changed so this does not happen. So if you launch a nugget into space or drop it in the lake, the gravedigger knows it is out of reach and won't try.

You can disregard the quests also, those are going to be reworked and currently, they can cause various weird things to happen which will be address during the revamp of the quest system.

Thanks!

Two of my  crashes have been during loading. My next crash came after starting a new life. Is there any other files I can load for you?

51 minutes ago, Bolerro said:

Can you please provide more information regarding the crash and if you have a save game file, please provide that in this thread. (zip it and then place in here)

As for the gravedigger going for nuggets that have disappeared, that coding was changed so this does not happen. So if you launch a nugget into space or drop it in the lake, the gravedigger knows it is out of reach and won't try.

You can disregard the quests also, those are going to be reworked and currently, they can cause various weird things to happen which will be address during the revamp of the quest system.

Thanks!

No save game files, was unable to save it before it happened. Will try to replicate. No crash or dump files found. It isn't able to make one since it hard crashes and restarts the computer. I will stream it later to see if it faults so I will have video of it at least. And I understand the issue with the gravedigger being fixed, but this circumstance is weird. As stated when I dropped the nugget their body would kinda float/flop around, then disappear below the ground which killed them instantly. then once the gravedigger was made and I believe I had just finished the processing facilities is when the crash happened each time.

Ok, if you could make an archive early and set it to 15. Then if it happens again, you can send us the most recent before the crash. Thanks!

Okay, so I have made some progress. Just having the archive stopped the hard crashes. I was able to make it to a population of 145 then all hell broke out. I did have another crash, but it did not take my whole PC out this time, just a program crash. I am able to load the crash data but not the save files. The save zip is 1.7mb but I get an -200 error.

Love the update awesome work, game is so much fun to play. I cannot wait to play longer and progress through the years. This is one of my favorite simulations.

Crash_2018-03-08_140924.zip

So I also noticed when I have the tutorial turnoff in the settings, I can then not place the evolution tower. If I turn on the settings, I can then placed the tower. I tried this 7 times and each time, I could not place the tower. 

Also found this in my settings. see attached image.

IMG_0586.jpg

Barely hit my first winter this time. No crash log available.

hp3.JPG

Loaded the same file again and crashed just as I entered winter again. This time a crash log was created.

Crash_2018-03-08_211100.zip

Ok so of my last playthrough last night, I have found that neglecting the find my lost nugget mission allowed the game to continue. Apparently when dropping the lost nugget in the circle causes them to glitch through and die in the planet, sending the game into a catastrophe. By not doing the mission I successfully made it to 130 nuggets before I saved and called it a night. Hope this helps. I know that you said you guys are revamping that system, but now we know that all users should avoid that for risk of a hard system crash.

Well, I basically think I got lucky with the one run with a population of 145. I have not been able to get back to there, due to random issues. Mostly crashes, when the game does not crash I cannot place anymore than 1 water pump. Which makes it hard to grow past 30 in water flow. The water pump is not selectable.

Today, I thought I'd lower my settings to see it that would help the game to stop crashing. I moved everything from High to Medium, and turned off grass details. Game played without crashing got to 245 cycles, before it was obvious the colony was dying.  I had plenty of food, tons of resources, but the colony went into decline. 

My Specs
GTX Geforce 1070
i5 4690K 3.50GHz

16 GB
Windows 10

Decided to stop the game and try again, 3 hard crashes again at startup. I am at a loss for what the cause is now. Think I am going to wait for another patch.

Game stopped responding for me the first two times I played when I tried to place the archive and then when the archive was finished being built.  They were both before I could save.

On 3/9/2018 at 3:20 PM, Stargazer said:

Today, I thought I'd lower my settings to see it that would help the game to stop crashing. I moved everything from High to Medium, and turned off grass details. Game played without crashing got to 245 cycles, before it was obvious the colony was dying.  I had plenty of food, tons of resources, but the colony went into decline. 

My Specs
GTX Geforce 1070
i5 4690K 3.50GHz

16 GB
Windows 10

Decided to stop the game and try again, 3 hard crashes again at startup. I am at a loss for what the cause is now. Think I am going to wait for another patch.

Please try opening your case if possible to get more airflow into it. May be a heat related issue and would like to rule that out.

On 3/12/2018 at 10:10 PM, Bolerro said:

Please try opening your case if possible to get more airflow into it. May be a heat related issue and would like to rule that out.

Thanks for the reply and suggestion, however I think we can rule out heat issues. I play Witcher 3, Anon 2205 both on the highest levels with no crashes.  My case is always open and I have 5 fans. I have been monitoring my RAM usage and CPU/GPU temps, which range from 54c to 65c (129f to  149f), so not near a critical level at all. I reinstalled, the previous version of Universim ( I love this game, it is going to be amazing when it is completed) and played multiple times for hours. No crashes.

Are you able to provide steps to reproduce the crash? If you could, that would really help us see what is happening. Basically what need is a step by step approach of what you are/were doing before the crash happened. Also, does this happen after loading a saved game? Does it work fine for hours if you don't close the game? These kinds of answers would be great.

Thanks!