Kerby84

Still A God Game Or A Buliding Simulation Strategy Game

Kerby smash, smash, smash. :D

5afef79b9313b_punygod.jpg.d2552d1d90e3cf671e4c217aa7ac66fd.jpg

"Puny god."

Oh i would be a loving and caring god. Of course only to those who obey. ;) I don't demand much.  They can do what they please. They don't need to ask about most things. They are my beloved children. They don't even need to pray in a temple to me. No. I'm not that small minded. I feel their love for me everywhere.  The one thing i demand is peace, love and harmony between all my creatures.

Otherwise I'll kill them all merciless in an apocalyptic bloodbath and start over again. This hurts me more than them of course. They are still my loved children. But some things have to be done... :)  Fresh and clean.  :emoticon-00109-kiss:

A government of course is blasphemous. I'm there to guide my nuggets. If they form a government... They don't trust me. They think they can make better decisions than I could. It's like a Kickstarter funded Company that does not trust its funders and demands some kind of contract in exchange for some information. Wouldn't that be sad? Yes it would be really sad and worth a Battle Royale of course. Some things can't be tolerated. 

So the game quote should change from "What would you do with the power" to "what would you do with the micromanagement skills and stuff, hey maybe I get a new idea tomorrow" 

For me, the god power should be used more to manage the planet itself.

For exemple : there's not enough water in the ocean ? Ok, so make it rain.
If there's not enough stones, create a mountain, etc, etc.

Maybe something with the sun also, to help de crops grown or to burn them if you want to punish the nuggets...

Keeping the building management would be nice, but in some way, the nuggets should be able to understand the god logic and starts to build on their own (with some advice from god maybe).

I liked the idea of the godmail, it's funny and could be use more.

And of course, it would be a real god power to choose how the nuggets should evolve. (4 hands to be more effective, bigger brain to learn faster, webbed feet to swim faster, and so on)

I'm confident in the developpers. This game could be amazing and one of a kind.

Let's hope it won't take years to happen.

1 hour ago, MayJoe said:

I'm confident in the developpers. This game could be amazing and one of a kind.

Let's hope it won't take years to happen.

Sorry i need to grin here. May I ask when you discovered The Universim? This game was funded on Kickstarter 24th May 2014... soooo... It's 1457 days in development which are... 3 Years,  11 Months and 26 Days  (today included). My personal confidence in some people at Crytivo has melted down during this long period. Some others are really engaged and I appreciate their work.

1 hour ago, MayJoe said:

I liked the idea of the godmail, it's funny and could be use more.

Granted. Everyone has his or her own preferences. But god mail is boring in my opinion and does not fit in a god and worshipper context. There are more elegant ways of doing it. Like prayer thought bubbles above the nuggets heads to indicate a prayer. But that's my preference.

While I am trying to remain optimistic, I get the distinct feeling I have been suckered 

(made my account to post this after just playing the game to the end of the current content)

While a better prayer system to replace "god mail" in highly needed, I would rather have a higher focus from the devs on removal of micromanagement. As a disclaimer I love RTS games, but I did not back this for it to be just another RTS game. I liked the idea of an "organic" population doing all that they need to survive on their own after their early stages of development and me, as a player, guiding their development via natural disasters and other natural events, research, major event choices, population dispute issues, and other "godly powers".

Currently I have no issues with the game requiring me to place structures and assign workers as this goes along with the idea that you, as the god, are influencing their major choices because the population is so small. However, I expect that in the early to mid medieval times I will not have to tell the nuggets where to place every farm, well, graveyard, school, pump, etc.. but instead focus on things like early astronomy, future expansion, science and discovery, and exploration. 

They should evolve on their own and require me less as time progresses.

As for research there should be cross roads the player comes to as suggested in the trailer. It is my hope we will see these in the late medieval times. 

I am liking the game and its goals, however I am worried about its current directions as I have not seen any mention of removing micromanagement features as time progresses except for this thread.

Am 5.5.2018 um 01:16 schrieb Sasha:

In a week or so, I will create a separate topic with our notes of what we would like to do with the Faith System for the steam release. 

Soooo. Any news on this?  ^^

48 minutes ago, threeheaded monkey said:

Soooo. Any news on this?  ^^

No. Because news will destroy suspense and surprises. And of course the concept needs ceo approval. ;)  Who wants news anyway. Lets ask the twitter channel:

Yes, still tagged as God Game. So it is one of course.  #sarcasmoverdose

What a nice concept drawing of interior decoration... wait a second... Don't they have other things to do than such bull****. If I want to play a game with interior decoration I'd play sims or House Flipper. Now out on steam. ;)

The Question still remains. Is Crytivo able to do the same thing EA did for the Sim City series? (Sim City 2013 Version VS Cities Skylines...) Destroy the god game genre and empower someone else to develop a great god game instead? I'm curious to find out.