Kerby84

Still A God Game Or A Buliding Simulation Strategy Game

For sure, the game lacks the "god" aspect quite obviously right now. Hopefully this will change when the game progresses further to a beta state (as soon as possible)...

Wow I just love your post.. you totally hit the nail on the head.. I do not see anything from that video in the game :)

also what I see that they have to many fingers in the other projects as well. I mean they do not only develope Universim right :).. They have expanded to a store and other games.. which is not good if you ask me. I am interested in Universim , that is why I invested... 

32 minutes ago, Stronkie said:

Wow I just love your post.. you totally hit the nail on the head.. I do not see anything from that video in the game :)

also what I see that they have to many fingers in the other projects as well. I mean they do not only develope Universim right :).. They have expanded to a store and other games.. which is not good if you ask me. I am interested in Universim , that is why I invested... 

Actually that is incorrect, Crytvio is only actively developing The Universim. We are however acting as the publisher for other games but we have no time, resources or manpower dedicated to the development of those games. 

This is much like other developers such as Bethesda who publishes for studios like Arkane, Tango Game Works, Machine Games and a few others. Bethesda doesn't actively work on those games and only helps with PR, advertising and distribution.

23 minutes ago, Mirror said:

Actually that is incorrect, Crytvio is only actively developing The Universim. We are however acting as the publisher for other games but we have no time, resources or manpower dedicated to the development of those games. 

This is much like other developers such as Bethesda who publishes for studios like Arkane, Tango Game Works, Machine Games and a few others. Bethesda doesn't actively work on those games and only helps with PR, advertising and distribution.

Mmh I don't want to hijack my own topic... it should stay clean... but

Crytivo News

We also work closely with indie developers on the publishing front to form strong teams and deliver unique, engaging games. We offer a wide range of services to developers who choose to come under our wing, from development assistance to marketing and PR.

Please use my other topic to answer Crytivo related content and leave this topic clean for topic related content. Topic "Make me smile again" Thank you.

thanks for the clarification mate :)_

Sadly I've to agree with the OP here.  There is little to no interrelationship between me and my nuggets. It also seems that there are absolutely no consequences for my actions.

Sure thing that Crytivo is not going along the way of Black&White by 100%, but still the game doesn't manage to make me feel connected to the nuggets in any way, not just because they are cute!! 

So, catchphrases such as "ant-farm" or "city-builder" or "RTS" are quite appropriate, because this is in no way a simulation  about the Life,the Universe and Everything.

People seem to easily forget what an alpha is these days ...

People seem to easily forget what feedback means these days...

Let's keep it nice in hear... we always appreciate feedback and that is exactly what it is. All games, even after release, need feedback to know what needs addressed.

I agree, this game lacks the "god" aspect. It would be a big help if we could have the nuggets start building things on their own. Infact, I would find it amazing if they started building things we didn't want them too in places we don't want depending on their affection level towards us. Perhaps they like us enough to build the way we want them too or they hate us so much that they defy what we want. An example would be trying to keep them from building advanced buildings and technologies and yet they manage to do it. I think it would also be fun if we could bring the dead back to life, after all we are a god right? where's the resurrection power?

You should also think about adding in a district mapping system perhaps as the eras advance?

It would also be cool to have diversity in what you study at the evolution tower, such as not researching fire or not researching clothes. Or researching things that are strange and weird such as square wheels or just strange stuff in general. The evolution tower is one of the key parts of this game and doesn't have nearly enough diversity.

When talking about the evolution tower and all the related things, I still wonder why the player has to place it.

If the tower is supposed to be some sort of shrine, than the nuggets should build it:  

With the perception of their god/ the emergence of their spiritual consciousness they should create that place on their own. It still would be possible select a starting location though, but also add some depth to the currently one-sided relationship.

On 4/19/2018 at 11:08 AM, threeheaded monkey said:

When talking about the evolution tower and all the related things, I still wonder why the player has to place it.

If the tower is supposed to be some sort of shrine, than the nuggets should build it:  

With the perception of their god/ the emergence of their spiritual consciousness they should create that place on their own. It still would be possible select a starting location though, but also add some depth to the currently one-sided relationship.

I kinda agree... it would make alot more sense if they had to build the evolution tower... but you should still mark a location for it.. perhaps a beam of light would show in that area so the nuggets can see that you want it built there or something... As the other poster mentioned a district mapping system would be very nice to have... so rather than having to place residential/commerical/industrial buildings you could zone an area for it and the nuggets would figure it out on their own... it would at least be slightly better  than having to manually place every building yourself.

I still think this is and will be a gr8 game (if we keep the good feedbacks), lets just have some faith an patience with the developers, and for the future patches lets not turn toxic with the feedbacks, I think they are well aware of the way the game is going right now and will, along the way, turn to the side of a Godly game:D (This does not mean no feedbacks or negative feedbacks, just not toxic). I had an still have high hopes for this game, I trully hope it will surpass B&W 1&2. Keep up the good work guyz

Am 22.4.2018 um 08:08 schrieb Adrianna:

I kinda agree... it would make alot more sense if they had to build the evolution tower... but you should still mark a location for it.. perhaps a beam of light would show in that area so the nuggets can see that you want it built there or something...

Hmm. Somehow it seems more logical to me when the "god" is only choosing the starting location.

The way I see it, the game could start like this:

You select a starting point, a place where the very first nugget couple appears. 

And as they appear they start exploring the surrounding terrain. They are walking around,  gathering wild berries, trinking some water out of puddles and sleeping on the ground. 

Of course this isn't very satisfying in the long run.  The nuggets probably wonder if that's it. Someone has to be responsible for this!  There must be someone arround who's able to help!!

So the nuggets  are fetching some stone and wood together and build a shrine for worshipping and sacrificing.

Just an idea though,heh.

This thread ! 

I created an account just to reply to this thread too. 

Yes i would definitly buy the game if the game is more God-Game oriented. I don't feel the need of a new RTS like Civ or Settlers. The game is cute, it runs on Linux (high five for the support guys ! Really !) but actually the game is going to go release on August on Steam/Gog and still it doesnt have this god game feeling. 

I also watched some live play of the game and ... well i desided to restain myself from supporting the game during EA because of this God Game / Building Simulation Strategy confusion.

Anyway i'm looking forward next iterations on the development and the game's orientation until then.

My CB is waiting ! :)

Best regards

On 4/24/2018 at 9:02 AM, threeheaded monkey said:

You select a starting point, a place where the very first nugget couple appears. 

And as they appear they start exploring the surrounding terrain. They are walking around,  gathering wild berries, trinking some water out of puddles and sleeping on the ground. 

Of course this isn't very satisfying in the long run.  The nuggets probably wonder if that's it. Someone has to be responsible for this!  There must be someone arround who's able to help!!

I kind of agree, but I also think that the god is meant to have an influence on the nuggets for more than just where they start their settlement. There has to be plenty of interaction and guidance. I don't want to have to place buildings, but I'd like to have the influence to tell them where to build (in general).

Well, I was just talking about the evolution tower/shrine whatsoever, heh.

In the end it only depends on how someone personally imagines the "god-like" part of the Universim and how he /she would like to act as a "god". 

"What would you do with the power?" is indicating that there should be various possibilities,eh. :)

The "God" aspect of the game will be improved. Currently we are working on some mechanics, that will do so. 

30 minutes ago, Sasha said:

The "God" aspect of the game will be improved. Currently we are working on some mechanics, that will do so. 

Tell us how. We would like to get involved and say hey great or... are you sure this is a good idea.... You get my point.... A little more open development would be great... At least now you only have to face critics of supporters that believe in the project... when you're on steam full wrath is unleashed.... you get the point...

Kerby is quite right, we're all here to support the game as best as we can, and steam will bring trolls and ragers into the forums. I understand that having too many people weigh-in on an idea or give their own can undermine productivity, but the earlier a bad idea is caught or a good idea is made better, the less work you'll have to spend later. I think the way we can be most valuable is giving the "what if" scenario's that may break a design decision.

18 hours ago, Kerby84 said:

when you're on steam full wrath is unleashed....

6 hours ago, Frosty4k said:

steam will bring trolls and ragers into the forums.

Sadly so true:))

No doubt, you are having an awesome community over here @AKoshelkov . :)

I think that the game lacks the god aspect but it’s still in development so I am willing to wait and see. But my only complaint is the seemingly set path for your civilisation. Why can’t I have a civilisation of nomads or sea faring peoples and different technology development paths that lead to some Shizo tech civilisation. Otherwise I understand that the universim is a very huge ambitious undertaking and that the development team needs a lot of time and effort to streamline so no rush so long as the final result is AWSOME